- Do I have a drug / alcohol problem?
- Treating addiction
- Private alcohol and drug rehab
- Addiction support
- Facts on addiction
Published by Castle Craig Hospital
Professionals with drug and alcohol problems
Drug & alcohol problems at work
Residential rehab treatment through Aviva
If you have private healthcare insurance through Aviva which you pay into privately yourself or which your company pays for you as part of a professional package, you may be covered for all or part of your treatment at a residential alcohol or drug rehab clinic.
Some policies cover residential alcohol and drug rehab treatment and some do not. This depends on the insurance company and level of insurance package that you have chosen. Many top rehab clinics are listed as preferred providers to Aviva private health insurance.
Alcohol and drug treatment programmes are usually covered by major private healthcare providers in the UK and internationally, such as Aviva, Cigna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna, Tricare, BUPA and AXA PPP. Admission through Aviva private health insurance can be arranged quickly, normally within 48 hours, providing the admissions team have all relevant information and the insurance package covers residential treatment.
Steps for admission to rehab with Aviva private health insurance:
- Call the admissions team of your chosen rehab clinic if you have any questions about the admissions process and the treatment programme;
- Call Aviva to find out if your medical insurance package covers residential rehab treatment;
- Request a referral to your chosen clinic from your GP and send them your Aviva healthcare insurance number;
- The admissions team at your chosen residential rehab clinic will liaise with Aviva and arrange for admission.