- Do I have a drug / alcohol problem?
- Treating addiction
- Private alcohol and drug rehab
- Addiction support
- Facts on addiction
Published by Castle Craig Hospital
Professionals with drug and alcohol problems
Drug & alcohol problems at work
Residential rehab treatment through BUPA
If you have private healthcare insurance through BUPA which you pay privately or which your company pays for you, you may be covered for all or part of your treatment at a residential alcohol or drug rehab clinic.
Some policies cover alcohol and drug rehab treatment and some don't. This depends on the insurance company and insurance package that you have chosen. Many top rehab clinics will be preferred provider to BUPA healthcare insurance.
Alcohol and drug treatment programmes are usually covered by major private healthcare providers in the UK and internationally, such as BUPA, AXA PPP, Aviva, Cigna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna and Tricare. Admission through BUPA private medical insurance can be arranged very quickly, normally within 48 hours, providing the admissions team have all relevant information.
Steps for admission to rehab with BUPA private medical insurance:
- Call your chosen rehab clinic with any questions about the admissions process and treatment;
- Call BUPA to find out if your medical insurance package covers residential rehab treatment;
- Request a referral to your chosen private rehab clinic from your GP and send the clinic your BUPA insurance number;
- The admissions team at your chosen private rehab clinic will liaise with BUPA and arrange for admission.