- Do I have a drug / alcohol problem?
- Treating addiction
- Private alcohol and drug rehab
- Addiction support
- Facts on addiction
Published by Castle Craig Hospital
Professionals with drug and alcohol problems
Drug & alcohol problems at work
Blue Cross Blue Shield
Residential Rehab Treatment through Blue Cross Blue Shield
If you have private medical insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield which you pay privately or which your company pays for you, you may be covered for all or part of your treatment at a residential alcohol or drug rehab clinic.
Some policies cover residential alcohol and drug rehab treatment and some do not. This depends on the insurance company and level of package that you have chosen. Many top private rehab clinics are a preferred providers to Blue Cross Blue Shield healthcare insurance.
Alcohol and drug treatment programmes are usually covered by major private healthcare providers in the UK and internationally, such as Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, BUPA, AXA PPP, Aviva, Aetna and Tricare. Admission through Blue Cross Blue Shield private medical insurance can be arranged very quickly, normally within 48 hours, providing the admissions team have all relevant information.
Steps for Admission to Rehab with Blue Cross Blue Shield Private Healthcare Insurance:
- Call the admissions team of your chosen private rehab clinic if you have any questions about the admissions process and the treatment programme;
- Call Blue Cross Blue Shield to find out if your healthcare insurance package covers residential rehab treatment;
- Request a referral to your chosen rehab clinic from your GP and send them your Blue Cross Blue Shield medical insurance number;
- The admissions team at your chosen residential rehab clinic will liaise with Blue Cross Blue Shield and arrange for admission.