- Do I have a drug / alcohol problem?
- Treating addiction
- Private alcohol and drug rehab
- Addiction support
- Facts on addiction
Published by Castle Craig Hospital
Professionals with drug and alcohol problems
Drug & alcohol problems at work
Residential rehab treatment through Cigna
If you have private medical insurance through Cigna which you pay privately or which your company pays for you, you may be covered for all or part of your treatment at a residential alcohol or drug rehab clinic.
Some policies cover residential alcohol and drug rehab treatment and some do not. This depends on the insurance company and level of package that you have chosen. Many major rehab clinics are preferred providers to Cigna healthcare insurance.
Alcohol and drug treatment programmes are usually covered by major private healthcare providers in the UK and internationally, such as Cigna, BUPA, AXA PPP, Aviva, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna and Tricare. Admission through Cigna private medical insurance can be arranged very quickly, normally within 48 hours, providing the admissions team have all relevant information.
Steps for admission to rehab with Cigna private healthcare insurance:
- Call the admissions team of your chosen residential rehab clinic if you have any questions about the admissions process and the treatment programme;
- Call Cigna to find out if your healthcare insurance package covers residential rehab treatment;
- Request a referral to your chosen private clinic from your GP and send them your Cigna medical insurance number;
- The admissions team at your chosen private rehab clinic will liaise with Cigna and arrange for admission.