For years, The Executive Rehab Guide has been connecting people who are struggling to fight depression and anxiety to the right therapies they need to rebuild their lives.
We’ve treated more than 10,000 people, who have come to our peaceful, private rehab resort feeling like all hope is lost. 72% of these people upon leaving required no further help in their recovery ever again.
“In my professional capacity, I was so impressed by the commitment of staff to the care of patients and the willingness to go ‘the extra mile” – Felicity
With treatment centres across the UK, we are committed to helping people feel better again by offering them a helping hand to kick their depression and anxiety to the curb. Because it’s these issues that cause your loved ones to turn to drink and drugs in the first place.
Contact us today to organise a free assessment.
Do you think you could spot a drinking problem in your own home?
Any type of addiction is not always the most obvious. That is until you’ve reached a point where your whole family has been affected by horrendous instances and events spurred on by the disease.
People who are depressed know they need help but are unable to take it. They can become masters of disguise to try and convince their family that everything is ok. That is until the problem becomes so bad it cannot be hidden anymore.
View the differences between being an outpatient and an inpatient here.
The secrets signs to look out for
If you suspect the one you love is not themselves, or if you think they might be in denial, here are the main hidden signs and how to spot them:
- Lying and hiding
- Drinking frequently and heavily alone
- Drinking to the point of passing out
- Drinking first thing in the morning
- Sleeping through most of the day
- Mood swings caused by cravings
- Lack of concentration
- Using substances to self-medicate the pain
- Not showing up to work
- Missing important family events
The sooner you catch the problem, the better it will be for your loved one’s future recovery.
How bad is the problem?
Here are the following questions we would use to determine the severity of your loved one’s drinking problem. This will give an indication to the seriousness of their depression and the levels of alcohol it causing them to drink:
- Have you ever felt you should cut down on your drinking?
- Have people annoyed you by criticizing your drinking?
- Have you ever felt bad or guilty about your drinking?
- Have you ever had a drink first thing in the morning to steady your nerves or get over a hangover?
- Have you continued to drink even though it was making you feel depressed or anxious or adding to another health problem?
- Have there been situations where you ended up drinking much more than you intended?
- Have you lost interest in other activities and hobbies since you started drinking?
- Have you experienced symptoms associated with alcohol withdrawal?
- Have you felt an urge or craving to consume alcohol?
- Have you gotten into situations while drinking that increased your chances of harming yourself or others (i.e., drinking and driving)?
- Have you been in trouble with the law due to alcohol-related problems?
A family member can use these questions to assess privately how bad things are at home – or can take our self-assessment quiz. Do not be in denial about the extent of the issue at hand.
Be honest how it is affecting your family life and do not wait for the problem to get worse, because it will.
Addiction, depression and anxiety are all factors ruling your loved one’s life. They have no control, no hope and no will to create a positive future for themselves.
We’re always here to help
Here at Executive Rehab Guide, we understand that it is more pressing issues that cause loved ones to turn to drugs and alcohol for refuge. Depression and anxiety can take over someone’s life and disconnect them from everything they love.
That’s why our expert team of doctors and nurses focus on therapy treatments to provide our visitors with the best chance of success when they leave our resorts. We teach and provide the coping mechanisms that will stay with them for life, ensuring that help is always there when they need.
- Holistic therapies
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Equine therapy
- Drumming therapy
- Mindfulness and meditation
Call 0808 256 6163 to make a change today.