Smarmore Castle – Private Rehab Clinic near Dublin
Based near Dublin, Smarmore Private Rehab Clinic, is an alcohol, drug and gambling treatment clinic in County Louth, Republic of Ireland.
The 14th-century castle has been carefully renovated to create an impressive environment with 22 beds, a large leisure and fitness centre with swimming pool and 15 acres of grounds.
Smarmore offers medical detox onsite, a comprehensive 12 step-based therapy programme including CBT,
Smarmore accepts patients from Dublin, wider Ireland, the UK, EU and internationally, and offers many different options for referral and admission.
The addiction treatment model at Smarmore Castle has been developed over 30 years by a world-renowned team of doctors and psychologists.
An intensive rehab programme which follows the 12 Steps Model is provided and includes:
- Quick admissions process, guided by our admissions team,
- Comprehensive medical assessment and full physical examination,
- Onsite detoxification from alcohol and drugs, managed by our expert medical team,
- Specialist one-to-one and group addiction therapies including individual therapy, CBT, group therapy, trauma (PTSD) therapy, grief therapy,
- Complementary holistic addiction therapies including hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT), mindfulness meditation, equine therapy and drumming therapy,
- Dual diagnosis treatment including eating disorders and depression,
- Family therapy programme,
- 22-metre indoor heated swimming pool with sauna, gym and sports with our fitness instructor who provides aqua therapy sessions,
- 16 acres of private gardens,
- Continuing care after discharge.
At Smarmore Castle, the expert team of therapists, nurses and doctors are led by a highly-experienced Consultant Psychiatrist.
This video features insights from addictions professionals and a former rehab patient into the importance of professional treatment for employees with alcohol and drug problems.
Employers often ignore alcohol and drug abuse in the workplace until it is too late.
Residential rehab treatment can transform an addicted employee from a liability to a productive and fulfilled worker.
The Benefits of Residential Rehab
Within a relatively short period (4-12 weeks depending on the severity of the condition) private residential rehab can transform someone’s personal life, their career and their physical health.
Rehab treatment within a residential, 12 step programme rebuilds family relationships and encourages positive changes in the lifestyle and outlook for the patient.
Combined with CBT and other specialised therapies, patients can address the root cause of their addiction and learn coping skills for life and relapse prevention skills for when they leave.
A continuing-care plan ensures that patients are looked after when they leave treatment.
The Growing Alcohol Problem in Ireland
Problems with alcohol misuse are growing steadily in Ireland, with executives and professionals also affected.
According to a 2016 report by the Health Research Board, in 2013 the estimated cost of alcohol-related absenteeism was over €41 million and of those who reported missing work due to alcohol.
40.8% scored positive for alcohol dependence, which highlights the link between harmful drinking and loss in productivity for businesses.
In 2013 over 5,000 people lost their jobs as a result of alcohol addiction.
Alcohol addiction affects people from all walks of life, their families and relationships and the wider community.
Help is Available
If you are from the Republic of Ireland and are concerned that you may have an alcohol addiction problem, or if you are the family member, friend or employer of someone with alcohol addiction in Dublin, the Executive Rehab Guide can provide you with the tools you need to find the right private alcohol rehab treatment option.
Last Updated on September 18, 2023 by Ellyn Iacovou