Argyll and Bute/Kilcreggan/G84
We have found that self-harm is a relatively common behaviour.the Executive Rehab Guide can connect you with the best local service in Argyll and Bute that can deliver personalised treatment programmes designed to address the reasons and emotions behind anyone who self-harms or thinks about self-harming.
Successful treatment programmes comprise of medication, counselling and therapy and are available near Kilcreggan Argyll and Bute.
We Have Found a high end Short-term residential rehabs
Welcome: With a range of alcohol detox centres that cater for Argyll and Bute, executive-rehab-guide.co.uk will give you information on free counselling and support you need every stage of your recovery journey from drug abuse issues.
Get confidential help 24/7. Call 0808 1150 446 now. Access the top drug and alcohol inpatient rehab centres with the best consultants. Access professional, caring, supportive guidance and learn about the many financial assistance options.
No matter where you live in Argyll and Bute, many tried and tested rehab, counselling and addiction therapy centres can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Need a life changing self-harm treatment local to Kilcreggan?
You will receive:
- Bespoke treatment programme and a comprehensive screening process
- Holistic therapies
- Effective detox, you don't have to go cold-turkey
- Trauma therapy
- Treatment plan should be tailored to fulfil the requirements of the addicts
- Look, feel, sleep better & regain confidence
- Aftercare services are provided after patients are discharged. UK Studies indicate that the support provided via an aftercare service reduces the likelihood of patients suffering a relapse by over 300%.
- 24/7 recovery staffing
- You improve more than just your mental health
- Access to hundreds of drug & alcohol rehab centres
Get in Touch Today
For professionals looking to make a referral click here.
Guide to UK rehab
Perhaps you are looking for specialist addiction help for you or an ill friend who may have problems with alcohol or drugs. We understand that making a decision on any 28-day rehab is a very fraught and difficult decision..
No matter where you live in Argyll and Bute or Scotland, there is the perfect long-term Residential rehab that can help you recover from your addiction. We'll help you find it. Our trained addiction counsellors are on hand 24 hours a day.
We are here to help. Call 0808 1150 446, we can offer advice on all aspects of accessing the right treatment for your alcohol or drugs/mental health issues.
The calls are free and there is no-obligation to purchase or commit to anything. The helpline is run by Castle Craig, one of the oldest and best rehabs in the UK. Complete confidentiality is guaranteed.
The process of getting into rehab
NHS rehab Process: Successfully dealing with addiction often requires outside help. Start by talking to your GP and asking to be referred. There's a wide range of NHS services that can help near Baravullin and Ballycloghan
Private rehab Process
Skip The Waiting List. Self-funding: you can self refer. This means literally call or turn up at your drug and alcohol inpatient rehab centre of choice with a credit card. See admissions.
Health insurance: choose your rehab and then ask GP to write a referral letter for you to take away. Alternatively, ask the doctor of advice on which hospital or clinic he recommends. More.
Arriving at the treatment centre
This will differ at different facilities but it is much the same everywhere
- You will be assessed so that your treatment needs and medical requirements are understood and a treatment plan is created
- You may need to detox
- You may be assigned a consultant psychiatrist near Keillbeg. They are in overall charge of your care and medication plan. They may make suggestions based on your diagnosis for additional medication or individual therapy on top of group work
- You may then assigned to a group of other clients etc.
- You are then possibly assigned a therapist or support worker/nurse locally in Argyll and Bute
- You may be given 12 step recovery literature
- You are probably shown your room which you may have to share
- You might then meet the rest of the alcoholics/addicts
Everyone is very friendly. The staff in Argyll and Bute have seen it all before so you are just another addict trying to recover. As patients, you are all in the same boat as everyone feels as raw and vulnerable as each other so making friends is normally easy.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Does rehab work in Argyll and Bute?
Yes it does. There is a strong evidence base to support the treatment methods used at Castle Craig, as well as in support of residential rehabilitation treatment for drug abuse/addictions.
What Are The Success Rates? "89% of those questioned after completing treatment at Castle Craig are either living with reduced alcohol or drug use or totally abstinent. More."
What's it like? Click here for more information.
Two reasons why rehabs work so well
Ownership: The treatment provided through UK hospital forces alcoholics to take ownership of their circumstances, feelings/emotions, actions and relationships, as opposed to blaming others.
Without anyone or anything else to blame, he or she must come to terms with the fact that they alone are responsible for changing their addictive behaviour AND they are responsible for their own recovery. Rehab quickly teaches that those who try and get better for others will ultimately fail.
Safe, Caring Environment: Residential treatment at a private clinic is conducted in a safe environment that is free of the distractions of everyday life. Clients are living in a bubble, they are completely insulated from the outside world. This means that there are fewer distractions or triggers. Addicts can concentrate all of their energies on getting well. They are effectively removed from all of the outside distractions and stressors and 'immersed in recovery'.
"If you think you can beat a drug addiction on the outside, think again. I couldn't. I needed inpatient. I needed tough love, structure. Am sober." Tomas September 2016 UK
Why rehab might not work:
- Lax screening process, i.e. taking anyone who will pay
- Lack of support system at the patient's home near Baravullin
- See addiction myths
Want an Addiction Recovery Program that works? See Getting into the right drug rehab centre.
How long does rehab take?
The duration of your drug and alcohol inpatient rehab centre stay will depend on the severity of your dependency, your own commitment, family support and willingness to live a life free from dependency, and the amount of time and money you have available to spend. If you have insurance then it will generally be 28-days.
Generally, the longer the rehab programme the less likely you are to relapse. NHS rehab normally accommodates longer inpatient treatments sometimes up to a year. More.
Average UK inpatient times
- Detox: 7-10 days (Methadone/20 days and Benzodiazepines/2-8 weeks).
- Hospital residential treatment, general mental health issues, depression/anxiety etc.: 7-14 days
- Most common Addiction programme/residential treatment: 28-days
- long-term residential treatment: 90 days
- NHS funded treatment, non private: 3months - 1 year
- Long term Outpatient treatment (including treatment for drug abuse: 130 days
Call now: 0808 1150 446
A typical day in rehab
Days will differ from rehab to rehab and drug abuse/addiction to addiction. However, most rehabs in Argyll and Bute will follow a similar pattern.
A significant focus during treatment is on achieving clarity about the issues, people and surroundings in your life that have fuelled the desire to abuse drugs or alcohol/problems with shopping, sex or love.
Sleeping in is not part of the programme. You get up early, get dressed, attend breakfast. Some clinics have morning meditation. Some clinics ask patients to clear away breakfast things on a rota.
- Breakfast is followed by group (often 90 minutes)
- Another Group (60 minutes)
- One to one session or Group (60 minutes)
- Group, yoga or Pilates session or lecture; (60 minutes)
- Possible meeting with your consultant, social worker, help team
- There is often written step or life story work to do
Evening time: Normally patients are bused to a meeting of AA, NA or relevant 12 step programmes.
Diet: A number of rehabs have adopted nutritional diets to combat mental health issues. There may be an absence of sugar and caffeine. Smoking is still allowed outside as it is said that alcoholics/addicts would not attend otherwise.
Devices: In some clinics phones or laptops use is forbidden or discouraged. Bear in mind that a person with internet or a gaming addiction may find other patient using their devices triggering.
Visitor/family contact: It was common for patients to be advised to limit any or all contact with friends or family during the first week of treatment. Again this differs by provider. NHS rehabs are often further from your home in Keillbeg as there are limited local resources which can make visiting difficult.
Can I leave: Yes, these are not secure facilities or locked wards.
Can I come back? Not always, the NHS is sometimes stricter, if you drink or use you may be barred from returning either, at all or within 48 hours.
Cost of rehab
Costs can range from £2,000 per week for a basic service to around £10,000 per week for a boutique service. Some clinics charge extras which have to be covered separately and which you may not anticipate in advance. More on Costs.
The best Rehab Location
Finding the best rehab programme for problems caused by alcohol or drugs is vital to long-term success. But where close or far? Every addict is different. However, most therapists often recommend that removing addicts away from their local environment where they may have drunk, used or acted out is probably recommended.
It is better that the location is quiet and has an atmosphere that is both calm, peaceful and still 100% recovery-focused. However, that does not mean that city rehabs do not have appeal.
The difficulty with towns and city location is that offer easy access to alcohol and drugs, whereas locations without shops and fewer people make accessing substances that little bit harder. Perhaps this could be the difference between a moment's weakness leading to relapse or sobriety.
Recommended rehabs. One rehab that ticks all of these boxes is Castle Craig based outside Edinburgh. Only a 4-hour train ride or less from Argyll and Bute. Over 10,000 patients have passed through our doors since 1988, and the majority have gone on to achieve, long-term abstinent recovery from their addictions. Another is Smarmore Castle in Ireland.
Why are more patients in Argyll and Bute choosing Castle Craig
- Leading drug and alcohol inpatient rehab centre
- Motivational Interviewing
- Offer after care and ongoing support
- Help & support for families
- treatment plan should be tailored to fulfil the requirements of the addicts
- Castle Craig promotes the 90 days 'Gold Standard',
- 12 Months free aftercare
- Cravings management
- 47% of addicts treated in residential rehabilitation services achieved abstinence after five years vs. 35% of those in community-based services.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Executive Rehab provides people suffering from substance addictions and co-occurring issues such as depression and anxiety professional guidance on solutions to their problems.
Residential treatment aims to support you through the initial stages of detox, and equip you with the tools you need for long term abstinence. More.
For detailed information visit the Castle Craig website.
Aftercare can involve:
- Continuing counselling or group therapy
- Regular check-in meetings with a programme
- Avoid triggers that previously resulted in your substance use; whether that is certain people, situations or stress from over-working
- Referring regularly to the 12 Step Programme
- Getting enough sleep
- Regular exercise
- Maintaining a nutritious diet
Rehabs and addiction resources for Keillbeg/Argyll and Bute include
Argyll & Bute Alcohol & Drug Partnership, Comraich Centre, Blarbuie Road, Lochgilphead, PA31 8LD
Argyll and Bute Council, Kilmory, Lochgilphead, Argyll, PA31 8RT
Telephone: 01546 605522
Ardrishaig Parish Church Hall, Tarbert Rd. Postcode: PA30 8EP
Timing also plays an essential part in coaxing a person who won't agree to treatment into getting the help they so desperately need. The best time to approach them is shortly after their last bout of drinking has occurredOther local areas: Kirkton, Gelli, Tibshelf, Harestanes, Chadlington, Pencraig, Bellahill, Artigarvan, Moss Side, Dunure, Bridgend and Porth y felin.
There is a real cost of ignoring your problems
It's a fact that that in 2019/20 in Scotland, around 40% of people who successfully completed addiction treatment centre did not return within 6 months.
Executive Rehab Guide 2020 aspires to deliver the highest quality of care in Argyll and Bute across our range of acute services, which include immediate acute mental healthcare for alcohol addiction and gambling, internet and shopping.
Please note Castle Craig does not treat sex addiction, however, treatment is available at other recommended UK rehabs.