The last person to see the problem is the alcoholic.
Alcoholism affects people of any race, sex, and class in England. If you have a problem with drug and alcohol, either binge drinking or excessive drinking there's a wide range of mental health services that can help.
Treatments offered for alcoholism may start with an intervention, discussion on 'moderation vs abstinence' and possibly the opinions of inpatient (Short-term residential rehab) or outpatient treatment (therapy), a detox may be required. A good residential addiction centre for alcohol or drug misuse with talking therapy, counselling and expertise in addiction is also a good step forward. Keeping the alcoholic apart from alcohol and all the triggers associated with acting out can mean hospitalisation or rehab counselling and therapy centre is the best solution. Not admitting to a drinking problem (denial) can often be an effective barrier to getting help for alcoholics.
There are many opportunities to go to rehab if you live in Newbury
The aim of executive-rehab-guide.co.uk is to equip you with the most effective an accessible tools and know how you need to confidently tackle drug and alcohol problems proactively in Newbury and at the earliest possible stage to avoid further damage to your career and/or your relationships.
We are a free help and assessment guide for selecting the right rehab counselling and therapy centre which can help you receive the best addiction treatment in Berkshire that is tailored to your problems caused by drug and alcohol. Complete confidentiality is guaranteed.
Get confidential help 24/7. Call 0808 1150 446 now. Access the top rehab counselling and therapy centres with the best counsellors. Access professional, caring, supportive guidance and learn about the many financial assistance options.
No matter where you live in Berkshire, many tried and tested drug or alcohol rehabilitation centres can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Looking for a tailored inpatient alcohol rehab near Newbury?
You will receive:
- 24-hour care at inpatient alcohol and drug rehabilitation centre
- internet, love bitcoin, food and shopping rehabilitation
- 1 Year complimentary aftercare support post inpatient alcohol and drug rehabilitation centre
- You won't have to feel alone anymore
- Access to hundreds of drug & alcohol rehab centres
- Treatment to suit all budgets
- residential treatment centres provide round-the-clock care to clients. This ensures your condition is being constantly monitored and the care you need is provided, as soon as required.
- Private drug and alcohol rehab centre
- Aftercare services are provided after patients are discharged. UK Studies indicate that the support provided via an aftercare service reduces the likelihood of patients suffering a relapse by over 300%.
- Detox medication & treatments
Guide to getting the best treatment
Perhaps you are looking for CQC approved addiction help for you or someone who desperately needs help who may have issues from drug and alcohol. This a very hard time for you.
No matter where you live in Berkshire or England, there is the perfect rehab, counselling and addiction therapy centre that can help you recover from your addiction. We'll help you find it. Our trained addiction admission staff are on hand 24 hours a day.
We are here to help. Call 0808 1150 446, we can offer advice on all aspects of accessing the right treatment for your problems with drug and alcohol.
The calls are free and there is no-obligation to purchase or commit to anything. The helpline is run by Castle Craig, one of the oldest and best rehabs in the UK. Complete confidentiality is guaranteed.
The process of getting into rehab
NHS rehab Process: First stop is GP. Ask to be referred for both counselling sessions for your drug and alcohol/addiction and to a local drug and alcohol team nearest to you in Berkshire. Although NHS resources are limited, it is still possible to receive funding for treatment.
Private rehab Process
Skip The Waiting List. Self-funding: you can self refer. This means literally call or turn up at your rehab counselling and therapy centre of choice with a credit card. See admissions.
Health insurance: choose your rehab and then ask GP to write a referral letter for you to take away. Alternatively, ask the doctor of advice on which hospital or clinic he recommends. More.
Arriving at the treatment centre
This will differ at different facilities but it is much the same everywhere
- You will be assessed so that your treatment needs and medical requirements are understood and a treatment plan is created
- You may need to detox
- You may be assigned a consultant psychiatrist near Newbury. They are in overall charge of your care and medication plan. They may make suggestions based on your diagnosis for additional medication or individual therapy on top of group work
- You may then assigned to a group of other alcoholics/addicts etc.
- You are then possibly assigned a therapist or support worker/nurse locally in Berkshire
- You may be given 12 step recovery literature
- You are probably shown your room which you may have to share
- You might then meet the rest of the addicts
Everyone is very friendly. The staff in Berkshire have seen it all before so you are just another addict trying to recover. As patients, you are all in the same boat as everyone feels as raw and vulnerable as each other so making friends is normally easy.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Does rehab work in Berkshire?
Yes it does. There is a strong evidence base to support the treatment methods used at Castle Craig, as well as in support of residential rehabilitation treatment for drug and alcohol/addictions.
What Are The Success Rates? "After Castle Craig's rehab programme, 91.8% of those questioned either living with reduced alcohol or drug use or totally abstinent. More."
What's it like? Click here for more information.
Two reasons why rehabs work so well
Tailored Treatment: Private clinics in Berkshire tend to use a bespoke treatment model rather than a one-size-fits-all approach. Many alcoholics have co-occurring issues like personality disorders or agoraphobia ADHD or ADD. Addiction is often seen as a response to inner turmoil.
Local community-based or local outpatient services based in Berkshire does not offer this opportunity or level or isolation. It is proven that taking a person out of their home and away from 'using friends' or 'dealers' offers a better chance of staying sober long term.
"No more drug and alcohol! I believe that having skilled and friendly therapists was essential in helping me find the right rehab centre to suit me. Along with the continual support, phone calls and great aftercare I have managed to stay clean and sober for over 6 years. I will forever be beholden to you." Mackenzie August 2017 Berkshire
Why rehab might not work:
- Poor qualified psychiatrists in Newbury
- Rehab is too close to home in Newbury
- See addiction myths
Want an Addiction Recovery Program that works? See Getting into the right long-term Residential rehab.
How long does rehab take?
The duration of your rehab counselling and therapy centre stay will depend on the severity of your dependency, your own commitment, family support and willingness to live a life free from dependency, and the amount of time and money you have available to spend. If you have insurance then it will generally be 28-days.
Generally, the longer the rehab programme the less likely you are to relapse. NHS rehab normally accommodates longer inpatient treatments sometimes up to a year. More.
Average UK inpatient times
- Detox: 7-10 days (Methadone/20 days and Benzodiazepines/2-8 weeks).
- Hospital residential treatment, general mental health issues, depression/anxiety etc.: 7-14 days
- Most common Addiction programme/residential treatment: 28-days
- long-term residential treatment: 90 days
- NHS funded treatment, non private: 3months - 1 year
- Long term Outpatient treatment (including treatment for drug and alcohol: 130 days
Call now: 0808 1150 446
A typical day in rehab
Days will differ from rehab to rehab and drug and alcohol/addiction to addiction. However, most rehabs in Berkshire will follow a similar pattern.
A significant focus during treatment is on achieving clarity about the issues, people and surroundings in your life that have fuelled the desire to abuse drugs or alcohol/problems with gaming, sex or food.
Sleeping in is not part of the programme. You get up early, get dressed, attend breakfast. Some clinics have morning meditation. Some clinics ask patients to clear away breakfast things on a rota.
- Breakfast is followed by group (often 90 minutes)
- Another Group (60 minutes)
- One to one session or Group (60 minutes)
- Group, yoga or Pilates session or lecture; (60 minutes)
- Possible meeting with your consultant, social worker, help team
- There is often written step or life story work to do
Evening time: Normally patients are bused to a meeting of AA, NA or relevant 12 step programmes.
Diet: A number of rehabs have adopted nutritional diets to combat mental health issues. There may be an absence of sugar and caffeine. Smoking is still allowed outside as it is said that addicts would not attend otherwise.
Devices: In some clinics phones or laptops use is forbidden or discouraged. Bear in mind that a person with internet or a gaming addiction may find other patient using their devices triggering.
Visitor/family contact: It was common for patients to be advised to limit any or all contact with friends or family during the first week of treatment. Again this differs by provider. NHS rehabs are often further from your home in Newbury as there are limited local resources which can make visiting difficult.
Can I leave: Yes, these are not secure facilities or locked wards.
Can I come back? Not always, the NHS is sometimes stricter, if you drink or use you may be barred from returning either, at all or within 48 hours.
Cost of rehab
Costs can range from £2,000 per week for a basic service to around £10,000 per week for a boutique service. Some clinics charge extras that have to be covered separately and which you may not anticipate in advance. More on Costs.
I can’t afford to go to rehab, what do I do?
The Executive Rehab Guide understand that every circumstance is different.
That’s why our package stays are competitively priced and have been voted the most affordable in recent years.
Ways to pay:
We offer our patients many different ways to pay for their treatment, you can cover the cost of your treatment with:
- Private Medical Insurer (BUPA)
- Pay-as-you go finance plans
- Weekly payments
- Discounts of long-term stays
The best Rehab Location
Finding the best rehab programme for drug and alcohol/mental health issues is vital to long-term success. But where close or far? Every alcoholic/addict is different. However, most psychologists often recommend that removing patients away from their local environment where they may have drunk, used or acted out is probably recommended.
It is better that the location is quiet and has an atmosphere that is both calm, peaceful and still 100% recovery-focused. However, that does not mean that city rehabs do not have appeal.
The difficulty with towns and city location is that offer easy access to alcohol and drugs, whereas locations without shops and fewer people make accessing substances that little bit harder. Perhaps this could be the difference between a moment's weakness leading to relapse or sobriety.
Recommended rehabs. One rehab that ticks all of these boxes is Castle Craig based outside Edinburgh. Only a 4-hour train ride or less from Berkshire. Over 10,000 patients have passed through our doors since 1988, and the majority have gone on to achieve, long-term abstinent recovery from their addictions. Another is Smarmore Castle in Ireland.
Why people go to rehab from Newbury
- Leading rehab counselling and therapy centre
- Family telephone helpline
- Experienced team of doctors & therapists
- 1 Year complimentary aftercare support
- Cognitive behavioural therapy
- Provide compassionate care to those suffering from alcoholism and other addictions
- Established in 1988
- CQC Registered
- One most recent independent research (2019) shows 73% of clients achieving long-term abstinence with 93% showing overall improvements.'
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Berkshire alcohol and drug problems resources
Smarmore Castle Private Clinic | Alcohol & Drug Addiction Rehab Detox & Treatment | Ireland
West Berkshire Council - Alcohol and Drug Support - Information
Drug and Alcohol Action Team
Phone: 01344 312360
Swanswell is a specialist organisation that provides support and services to adults (over 18) who wish to change their drug and/or alcohol use.
1 Station Road, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 7LP
Timing also plays an essential part in coaxing a person who won't agree to treatment into getting the help they so desperately need. The best time to approach them is shortly after their last bout of drinking has occurredOther local areas: Great Horton, Merthyr Tydfil, Cutlers Green, Glenarm, Maryhill, Harrogate, West Ferry, Caheny, Ashley, Maudlin, Pitcot and Melmerby.
Please note Castle Craig does not treat sex addiction, however, treatment is available at other recommended UK rehabs.