Drug addiction: getting help
Although being addicted to drugs is becoming more common it is a serious condition that often requires urgent inpatient treatment in hospital. With the right help and support, you can get drug free.
At our Rehab Guide, we are dedicated to delivering individually tailored drug addiction treatment, therapy & support in Cambridgeshire based alcohol rehabilitation clinics near Christchurch.
Commonly abused drugs include Crack cocaine, cocaine, ecstasy (MDMA), heroin, LSD, ketamine, magic mushrooms, methadone, methamphetamine (crystal meth) and of course cannabis.
Commonly abused prescription medication include Oxycodone, Hydrocodone/Vicodin, Fentanyl, Codeine, Co-codamol, Tramadol and benzodiazepines (benzos), Diazepam/valium, Alprazolam/Xanex, Chlordiazepoxide/Librium, Zolpidem, Ritalin, Adderall and Dexedrine.
Abusing these drugs can lead to becoming physically and psychologically dependent.
We Have Found seven inpatient mental health care providers
The aim of executive-rehab-guide.co.uk is to equip you with specialist tools and know how you need to confidently tackle alcohol problems proactively in Great Green and at the earliest possible stage to avoid further damage to your performance at work and/or your relationships.
Get confidential help 24/7. Call 0808 1150 446 now. Access the top alcohol rehabilitation clinics with the best consultants. Access professional, caring, supportive guidance and learn about the many financial assistance options.
No matter where you live in Cambridgeshire, many tried and tested residential rehabs can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Want to know more about a medically approved drug detox centre near Christchurch?
You will receive:
- Bespoke day case options
- One of the largest rehabs in the UK
- Individual 1:1 therapy and structured group therapy programmes
- Drug & Alcohol Rehabilitation
- The Hospital and its staff are committed to offering skilled professional medical, nursing and therapeutic services to alcoholics/addicts and their families
- professional guidance on co-occurring issues like depression
- Bespoke treatment options for all addictions
- Prescribed medical detoxification
- Individualised or tailored treatment that best matches the needs of a addicts can be provided in a rehab. This ensures the patients's recovery is more comprehensive, as no aspect of their addiction is left untreated.
- A Focus on both mental and physical Health
Where to start
Wherever you live in Cambridgeshire or England, there is the perfect substance treatment hospital that can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Starting the rehab process
NHS rehab Process: Your GP in St Ives is a good place to start. They can discuss your ketamine problems with you and help get you the right ketamine addiction treatment in Cambridgeshire.
Private rehab Process
Self-funding: you can self refer. This means you can literally call and book, or simply turn up with a credit card to your alcohol rehabilitation clinic of choice. See admissions.
Health insurance: choose your rehab and then ask GP to write a referral letter for you to take away. Alternatively, ask the doctor of advice on which hospital or clinic he recommends. More.
Arriving at the treatment centre
This will differ at different facilities but it is much the same everywhere
- You will be assessed so that your treatment needs and medical requirements are understood and a treatment plan is created
- You may need to detox
- You may be assigned a consultant psychiatrist near Great Green. They are in overall charge of your care and medication plan. They may make suggestions based on your diagnosis for additional medication or individual therapy on top of group work
- You may then assigned to a group of other alcoholics etc.
- You are then possibly assigned a therapist or support worker/nurse locally in Cambridgeshire
- You may be given 12 step recovery literature
- You are probably shown your room which you may have to share
- You might then meet the rest of the alcoholics/addicts
Everyone is very friendly. The staff in Cambridgeshire have seen it all before so you are just another addict trying to recover. As patients, you are all in the same boat as everyone feels as raw and vulnerable as each other so making friends is normally easy.
Components of a rehab programme
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Does rehab work in Cambridgeshire?
Yes it does. There is a strong evidence base to support the treatment methods used at Castle Craig, as well as in support of residential rehabilitation treatment for alcohol/addictions.
What Are The Success Rates? "One most recent independent research (2019) shows 73% of clients achieving long-term abstinence with 93% showing overall improvements.'"
What's it like? Click here for more information.
Two reasons why rehabs work so well
Aftercare: UK Statistics always show that aftercare is an important component in achieving long-term abstinence from alcohol addiction. Recovering patients who do not receive appropriate aftercare are 10 times more likely to relapse within one year. Most clinics include aftercare as part of their treatment services in most cases. NHS clinics do not always have this facility
Tailored Treatment: Private clinics in Cambridgeshire tend to use a bespoke treatment model rather than a one-size-fits-all approach. Many patients have co-occurring issues like anxiety disorders or sex and love issues. Addiction is often seen as a response to inner turmoil.
The ability to custom tailor a treatment plan enables clinic staff to achieve maximum benefits from every therapy chosen. Remember time is limited to 28-days if you have health insurance.
Every patient receiving treatment at a UK residential facility is part of a group that is constantly in one another presence, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
"I just got back from spending five weeks at rehab, very tired, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. I am all gratitude." Destiny January 2019 Parc Seymour
Why rehab might not work:
- Absence of dual diagnosis residential treatment
- Lack of education for family and friends in St Ives
- See addiction myths
Want an Addiction Recovery Program that works? See Getting into the right residential addiction centre for alcohol or drug misuse.
How long does rehab take?
The duration of your alcohol rehabilitation clinic stay will depend on the severity of your dependency, your own commitment, family support and willingness to live a life free from dependency, and the amount of time and money you have available to spend. If you have insurance then it will generally be 28-days.
Generally, the longer the rehab programme the less likely you are to relapse. NHS rehab normally accommodates longer inpatient treatments sometimes up to a year. More.
Average UK inpatient times
- Detox: 7-10 days (Methadone/20 days and Benzodiazepines/2-8 weeks).
- Hospital residential treatment, general mental health issues, depression/anxiety etc.: 7-14 days
- Most common Addiction programme/residential treatment: 28-days
- long-term residential treatment: 90 days
- NHS funded treatment, non private: 3months - 1 year
- Long term Outpatient treatment (including treatment for alcohol: 130 days
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Cost of rehab
Costs can range from £2,000 per week for a basic service to around £10,000 per week for a boutique service. Some clinics charge extras that have to be covered separately and which you may not anticipate in advance. More on Costs.
I can’t afford to go to rehab, what do I do?
The Executive Rehab Guide understand that every circumstance is different.
That’s why our package stays are competitively priced and have been voted the most affordable in recent years.
Ways to pay:
We offer our patients many different ways to pay for their treatment, you can cover the cost of your treatment with:
- Private Medical Insurer (BUPA)
- Pay-as-you go finance plans
- Weekly payments
- Discounts of long-term stays
cannabis addiction help in England" />
Ideal Rehab Location
Finding the best rehab programme for ketamine issues is vital to long-term success. But where close or far? Every patient is different. However, most doctors often recommend that removing clients away from their local environment where they may have drunk, used or acted out is probably recommended.
It is better that the location is quiet and has an atmosphere that is both calm, peaceful and still 100% recovery-focused. However, that does not mean that city rehabs do not have appeal.
The difficulty with towns and city location is that offer easy access to alcohol and drugs, whereas locations without shops and fewer people make accessing substances that little bit harder. Perhaps this could be the difference between a moment's weakness leading to relapse or sobriety.
Recommended rehabs. One rehab that ticks all of these boxes is Castle Craig based outside Edinburgh. Only a 4-hour train ride or less from Cambridgeshire. Over 10,000 patients have passed through our doors since 1988, and the majority have gone on to achieve, long-term abstinent recovery from their addictions. Another is Smarmore Castle in Ireland.
Why are more alcoholics choosing Castle Craig
- Leading alcohol rehabilitation clinic
- Set Goals and Build New Habits
- Motivational Interviewing
- Access to both on and off-site 12-Step support groups
- Effective detox, you don't have to go cold-turkey
- En-suite Rooms
- You get round-the-clock professional support
- Access to hundreds of drug & alcohol rehab centres
- 73.4% of those who attended treatment at Castle Craig were totally abstinent from all drugs or alcohol at follow-up (after about 1 year). More.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Local addiction resources
Smarmore Castle Private Clinic
Smarmore near Ardee County Louth Ireland A92 YY22
New support service brings drug and alcohol treatment to the door of communities - Cambridgeshire County Council
Timing also plays an essential part in coaxing a person who won't agree to treatment into getting the help they so desperately need. The best time to approach them is shortly after their last bout of drinking has occurredOther local areas: Barnsdale, Bransty, Stretton on Dunsmore, Dunmore, Tichborne, Pen y groes, Mulben, RhAīs, Aberaman, Artigarvan, Belfast and Great Missenden.
Please note Castle Craig does not treat sex addiction, however, treatment is available at other recommended UK rehabs.