Every 60 minutes someone leaves a Cardiff rehab services drink or drugs free
With the right help and support, you can get drug and alcohol-free for good.
Castle Craig is dedicated to delivering tailored drug addiction treatment, therapy & support in locally-based rehab alcohol centres. We can connect you with to range of addiction services depending on what you need, from detox to residential rehab.
We have found 11 Intensive Day Treatment rehabs near Rumney
Welcome: With a range of alcohol detox centres that cater for Cardiff, our Rehab Guide will give you information on free counselling and support you need every stage of your recovery journey from drug and alcohol/mental health issues.
Here at executive-rehab-guide.co.uk, we understand that substance use, including alcohol and drug addiction, as well as other behavioural addictions such as gambling, internet and shopping can have an adverse impact on an addict's life.
Addiction Treatment (Rehab) Guide - Recovery Research in Cardiff
Get confidential help 24/7. Call 0808 1150 446 now. Access the top rehab alcohol centres with the best counsellors. Access professional, caring, supportive guidance and learn about the many financial assistance options.
No matter where you live in Cardiff, many specialist rehabs can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Need a long term rehab alcohol centre near Caerdydd?
You will receive:
- You're much more likely to recover if you complete rehab at rehab
- Drug & Alcohol Rehabilitation
- The Hospital and its staff are committed to offering skilled professional medical, nursing and therapeutic services to patients and their families
- Family support
- Bespoke treatment options for all addictions
- Your rehab alcohol centre is open 24 hours
- Effective detox, you don't have to go cold-turkey
- rehab alcohol centre's team is made up of qualified psychiatrists, psychologists, addiction therapists and other mental health professionals
- Highly recommended
- Cognitive behavioural therapy
Beat drug and alcohol
Wherever you live in Cardiff or Wales, there is the perfect long-term Residential rehab that can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
The process of getting into rehab
NHS rehab Process: Successfully dealing with addiction often requires outside help. Start by talking to your GP and asking to be referred. There's a wide range of NHS services that can help near Began and Portadown
Private rehab Process
Skip The Waiting List. Self-funding: you can self refer. This means literally call or turn up at your rehab alcohol centre of choice with a credit card. See admissions.
Health insurance: choose your rehab and then ask GP to write a referral letter for you to take away. Alternatively, ask the doctor of advice on which hospital or clinic he recommends. More.
Arriving at the treatment centre
This will differ at different facilities but it is much the same everywhere
- You will be assessed so that your treatment needs and medical requirements are understood and a treatment plan is created
- You may need to detox
- You may be assigned a consultant psychiatrist near Rumney. They are in overall charge of your care and medication plan. They may make suggestions based on your diagnosis for additional medication or individual therapy on top of group work
- You may then assigned to a group of other addicts etc.
- You are then possibly assigned a therapist or support worker/nurse locally in Cardiff
- You may be given 12 step recovery literature
- You are probably shown your room which you may have to share
- You might then meet the rest of the clients
Everyone is very friendly. The staff in Cardiff have seen it all before so you are just another addict trying to recover. As patients, you are all in the same boat as everyone feels as raw and vulnerable as each other so making friends is normally easy.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Does rehab work in Cardiff?
Yes it does. There is a strong evidence base to support the treatment methods used at Castle Craig, as well as in support of residential rehabilitation treatment for drug and alcohol/addictions.
What Are The Success Rates? "99% of alcoholics from the Castle Craig addiction treatment programme stated that when they arrived on site, numerous staff made them feel welcome for treating drug and alcohol issues"
What's it like? Click here for more information.
Two reasons why rehabs work so well
Professional Addiction Support: Rehab in Cardiff offers a level of group support not available through community-based services. Addicts have many similarities with other addicts regardless of the drug (or behaviour) of choice.
People with a range of mental health problems can be very different from patients suffering from an addiction, although their symptoms, depression, anxiety etc may appear similar. An addict can often only find solace in another addict. Many rehab qualified psychiatrists are recovering addicts/alcoholics.
AA and NA whilst very important as a way of staying sober are sometimes not sufficient in early sobriety, especially when detox is required. However, they are voluntary charities. They are not professional and cannot always identify or address other mental health issues. Members are not trained.
Tailored Treatment: Private clinics in Cardiff tend to use a bespoke treatment model rather than a one-size-fits-all approach. Many alcoholics/addicts have co-occurring issues like agoraphobia ADHD or ADD or eating disorders. Addiction is often seen as a response to inner turmoil.
"drug and alcohol was ruining my life. My experience in rehab was much more than I expected it to be. I came here broken and confused; I am leaving here, back in touch with my Higher Power. I am getting better, finally." Kingston March 2019 Cardiff
Why rehab might not work:
- Lack of 12 step programme
- Lack of support system at the patient's home near Began
- See addiction myths
Want an Addiction Recovery Program that works? See Getting into the right rehab alcohol centre.
How long does rehab take?
The duration of your rehab alcohol centre stay will depend on the severity of your dependency, your own commitment, family support and willingness to live a life free from dependency, and the amount of time and money you have available to spend. If you have insurance then it will generally be 28-days.
Generally, the longer the rehab programme the less likely you are to relapse. NHS rehab normally accommodates longer inpatient treatments sometimes up to a year. More.
Average UK inpatient times
- Detox: 7-10 days (Methadone/20 days and Benzodiazepines/2-8 weeks).
- Hospital residential treatment, general mental health issues, depression/anxiety etc.: 7-14 days
- Most common Addiction programme/residential treatment: 28-days
- long-term residential treatment: 90 days
- NHS funded treatment, non private: 3months - 1 year
- Long term Outpatient treatment (including treatment for drug and alcohol: 130 days
Call now: 0808 1150 446
A typical day in rehab
Days will differ from rehab to rehab and drug and alcohol/addiction to addiction. However, most rehabs in Cardiff will follow a similar pattern.
A significant focus during treatment is on achieving clarity about the issues, people and surroundings in your life that have fuelled the desire to abuse drugs or alcohol/problems with internet, love and sex and shopping.
Sleeping in is not part of the programme. You get up early, get dressed, attend breakfast. Some clinics have morning meditation. Some clinics ask patients to clear away breakfast things on a rota.
- Breakfast is followed by group (often 90 minutes)
- Another Group (60 minutes)
- One to one session or Group (60 minutes)
- Group, yoga or Pilates session or lecture; (60 minutes)
- Possible meeting with your consultant, social worker, help team
- There is often written step or life story work to do
Evening time: Normally patients are bused to a meeting of AA, NA or relevant 12 step programmes.
Diet: A number of rehabs have adopted nutritional diets to combat mental health issues. There may be an absence of sugar and caffeine. Smoking is still allowed outside as it is said that addicts would not attend otherwise.
Devices: In some clinics phones or laptops use is forbidden or discouraged. Bear in mind that a person with internet or a gaming addiction may find other patient using their devices triggering.
Visitor/family contact: It was common for patients to be advised to limit any or all contact with friends or family during the first week of treatment. Again this differs by provider. NHS rehabs are often further from your home in Rumney as there are limited local resources which can make visiting difficult.
Can I leave: Yes, these are not secure facilities or locked wards.
Can I come back? Not always, the NHS is sometimes stricter, if you drink or use you may be barred from returning either, at all or within 48 hours.
Cost of rehab
Costs can range from £2,000 per week for a basic service to around £10,000 per week for a boutique service. Some clinics charge extras which have to be covered separately and which you may not anticipate in advance. More on Costs.
The Perfect Rehab Location
Finding the best rehab programme for issues and mental health problems caused by drug and alcohol is vital to long-term success. But where close or far? Every patient is different. However, most consultants often recommend that removing addicts away from their local environment where they may have drunk, used or acted out is probably a good idea.
It is better that the location is quiet and has an atmosphere that is both calm, peaceful and still 100% recovery-focused. However, that does not mean that city rehabs do not have appeal.
The difficulty with towns and city location is that offer easy access to alcohol and drugs, whereas locations without shops and fewer people make accessing substances that little bit harder. Perhaps this could be the difference between a moment's weakness leading to relapse or sobriety.
Recommended rehabs. One rehab that ticks all of these boxes is Castle Craig based outside Edinburgh. Only a 4-hour train ride or less from Cardiff. Over 10,000 patients have passed through our doors since 1988, and the majority have gone on to achieve, long-term abstinent recovery from their addictions. Another is Smarmore Castle in Ireland.
One reason why rehab works
- Leading rehab alcohol centre
- Arrangement for help with medical problems
- En-suite Rooms
- Aftercare and ongoing therapies
- Tailored recovery plans
- Dual diagnosis care
- Treatment for any associated psychological issues
- Effective psychological interventions including cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- One most recent independent research (2019) shows 73% of patients achieving long-term abstinence with 93% showing overall improvements.'
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Rehabs and addiction resources for Rumney/Cardiff include
Smarmore Castle Private Clinic | Alcohol & Drug Addiction Rehab Detox & Treatment | Ireland
Alcohol and Drugs - Cardiff.gov.uk
Cardiff Alcohol and Drug Team (C.A.D.T.) - Cardiff and The Vale Mental Health Development Project
Cardiff Alcohol and Drug Team funding cut opposed by thousands on a new petition pleading for funding to continue to be given to alcohol and drug counselling services in Cardiff has attracted almost 5,000 signatures. Full story.
Getting a loved one into rehab: you may need to implement a strategy of what seems like 'tough love', which involves letting them know the course of action you will take if they refuse to get help"Other local areas: Ballinamallard, Wolvercote, Salperton Park, New Grimsby, y Ffrith, Gun Hill, Auchenreoch, Ballynafeigh, Troedyrhiw, Mapperton, Addiewell and Nether Kirkton.
Please note Castle Craig does not treat sex addiction, however, treatment is available at other recommended UK rehabs.