28 days in alcohol abuse is a very common solution for clients self-funding or paying for treatment for alcoholism in East Moors via health insurance.
A number of local insurers also offer an additional 14 days should this be required. Please check your policy. Four weeks can offer a firm foundation for getting better and connect addicts in East Moors to consultants and therapist for ongoing aftercare and it can provide a good introduction to recovery. patients are introduced to AA or NA and gain a firm understanding of what and how to change Want a diagnosis? Speak to a consultants for free, telephone 0808 1150 446
We Have Found eight Intensive Day Treatment rehabs near Cardiff
The aim of Castle Craig is to equip you with the latest addiction advice you need to confidently tackle alcohol problems proactively in Whitchurch and at the earliest possible stage to avoid further damage to your performance at work and/or your relationships.
We are a free help and assessment guide for selecting the right alcohol and drug abuse rehabilitation centre which can help you with advice for accessing drug or alcohol rehabilitation centre in Cardiff that is tailored to your problems caused by alcohol. Complete confidentiality is guaranteed.
Get confidential help 24/7. Call 0808 1150 446 now. Access the top alcohol and drug abuse rehabilitation centres with the best counsellors. Access professional, caring, supportive guidance and learn about the many financial assistance options.
No matter where you live in Cardiff, many exclusive residential rehabs can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Need the best alcohol and drug abuse rehabilitation centre near East Moors?
You will receive:
- Full clinical assessment when arriving at your alcohol and drug abuse rehabilitation centre
- Individual 1:1 therapy and structured group therapy programmes
- Aftercare & ongoing therapies
- Treatment for any associated psychological issues
- Experienced team of doctors & therapists
- En-suite Rooms available at your alcohol and drug abuse rehabilitation centre
- Coca registered
- Access to both on and off-site 12-Step support groups
- Arrangement for help with medical problems
- Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Guide to recovery
No matter where you live in Cardiff or Wales, there is the perfect 28-day rehab that can help you recover from your addiction. We'll help you find it.
We are here to help. Call 0808 1150 446, we can offer advice on all aspects of accessing the right treatment for your alcohol/mental health problems.
The calls are free and there is no-obligation to purchase or commit to anything. The helpline is run by Castle Craig, one of the oldest and best rehabs in the UK. Complete confidentiality is guaranteed.
The process of getting into rehab
NHS rehab Process: A GP is a good place to start. They can discuss your alcohol problems with you and get you into treatment. They may offer you treatment at the practice or refer you to your local drug service. If you're not comfortable talking to a GP, you can approach your local alcohol treatment service yourself.
Private rehab Process
Skip The Waiting List. Self-funding: you can self refer. This means literally call or turn up at your alcohol and drug abuse rehabilitation centre of choice with a credit card. See admissions.
Health insurance: choose your rehab and then ask GP to write a referral letter for you to take away. Alternatively, ask the doctor of advice on which hospital or clinic he recommends. More.
Arriving at the treatment centre
This will differ at different facilities but it is much the same everywhere
- You will be assessed so that your treatment needs and medical requirements are understood and a treatment plan is created
- You may need to detox
- You may be assigned a consultant psychiatrist near Whitchurch. They are in overall charge of your care and medication plan. They may make suggestions based on your diagnosis for additional medication or individual therapy on top of group work
- You may then assigned to a group of other alcoholics etc.
- You are then possibly assigned a therapist or support worker/nurse locally in Cardiff
- You may be given 12 step recovery literature
- You are probably shown your room which you may have to share
- You might then meet the rest of the alcoholics/addicts
Everyone is very friendly. The staff in Cardiff have seen it all before so you are just another addict trying to recover. As patients, you are all in the same boat as everyone feels as raw and vulnerable as each other so making friends is normally easy.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
How long does rehab take?
The duration of your alcohol and drug abuse rehabilitation centre stay will depend on the severity of your dependency, your own commitment, family support and willingness to live a life free from dependency, and the amount of time and money you have available to spend. If you have insurance then it will generally be 28-days.
Generally, the longer the rehab programme the less likely you are to relapse. NHS rehab normally accommodates longer inpatient treatments sometimes up to a year. More.
Average UK inpatient times
- Detox: 7-10 days (Methadone/20 days and Benzodiazepines/2-8 weeks).
- Hospital residential treatment, general mental health issues, depression/anxiety etc.: 7-14 days
- Most common Addiction programme/residential treatment: 28-days
- long-term residential treatment: 90 days
- NHS funded treatment, non private: 3months - 1 year
- Long term Outpatient treatment (including treatment for alcohol: 130 days
Call now: 0808 1150 446
A 'normal' day in rehab
Days will differ from rehab to rehab and alcohol/addiction to addiction. However, most rehabs in Cardiff will follow a similar pattern.
A significant focus during treatment is on achieving clarity about the issues, people and surroundings in your life that have fuelled the desire to abuse drugs or alcohol/problems with gaming, sex or food.
Sleeping in is not part of the programme. You get up early, get dressed, attend breakfast. Some clinics have morning meditation. Some clinics ask patients to clear away breakfast things on a rota.
- Breakfast is followed by group (often 90 minutes)
- Another Group (60 minutes)
- One to one session or Group ;(60 minutes)
- Group, yoga or Pilates session or lecture ;(60 minutes)
- Possible meeting with your consultant, social worker, help team
- There is often written step or life story work to do
Evening time: Normally patients are bused to a meeting of AA, NA, or relevant 12 step programme.
Diet: Several rehabs have adopted nutritional diets to combat mental health issues. There may be an absence of sugar and caffeine. Smoking is still allowed outside as it is said that addicts would not attend otherwise.
Devices: In some clinics phones or laptops use is forbidden or discouraged. Bear in mind that a person with internet or a gaming addiction may find other patient using their devices triggering.
Visitor/family contact: It was common for patients to be advised to limit any or all contact with friends or family during the first week of treatment. Again this differs by provider. NHS rehabs are often further from your home in Whitchurch as there are limited local resources which can make visiting difficult.
Can I leave my alcohol and drug abuse rehabilitation centre? Yes, there are not secure facilities.
Can I come back? Not always, the NHS is sometimes stricter, if you drink or use you may be barred from returning either, at all, or within 48 hours.
Effective treatment solutions:
- Art group therapy
- Creative writing therapy
- Drumming therapy
- Equine therapy
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Mindfulness Meditation & Relaxation Therapy
Call 0808 115 0608 today and get the help you need now.
Cost of rehab
Costs can range from £2,000 per week for a basic service to around £10,000 per week for a boutique service. Some clinics charge extras which have to be covered separately and which you may not anticipate in advance. More on Costs.
The Perfect location for treatment
Finding the best rehab programme for problems with alcohol is vital to long-term success. But where, close or far?
Every addiction client is different. However, most qualified psychiatrists often recommend that removing clients away from their local environment where they may have drunk, used or acted out is probably recommended.
It is better that the location is quiet and has an atmosphere that is both calm, peaceful and still 100% recovery-focused. However, that does not mean that city rehabs do not have appeal.
The difficulty with towns and city location is that offer easy access to alcohol and drugs, whereas locations without shops and fewer people make accessing substances that little bit harder. Perhaps this could be the difference between a moment's weakness leading to relapse or sobriety.
Recommended rehabs. One rehab that ticks all of these boxes is Castle Craig based outside Edinburgh. Only a 4-hour train ride or less from Cardiff. Over 10,000 patients have passed through our doors since 1988, and the majority have gone on to achieve, long-term abstinent recovery from their addictions. Another is Smarmore Castle in Ireland.
Why Castle Craig?
- Recommended alcohol and drug abuse rehabilitation centre
- One-to-one therapy
- Holistic therapies
- professional guidance on co-occurring issues like depression
- Proven counselling treatments
- 47% of patients treated in residential rehabilitation services achieved abstinence after five years vs. 35% of those in community-based services.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Many of the people we have helped have started their journey with us feeling hopeless, anxious, and severely depressed. We are here to help.
If you feel like you have lost your sense of control, and alcohol and drugs are having a detrimental impact on your life, it can be difficult to know where to begin when it comes to getting help.
If you have decided to attend a rehab centre, you are no longer in denial, and you have completed half of the battle.
Rehabs and addiction resources for Whitchurch/Cardiff include
The impact of substance use may be reduced with early intervention. Alcohol and other drug use is the principle contributor to poor quality of life and low moodOther local areas: Clogh, Bellahill, Potter's Green, Peppermoor, Seaton, Chapeltown, Wall, Newtown, Kirkliston, Creca, Yeaveley and Woolstanwood.
FAQs/alcohol and drug abuse rehabilitation centre
Please note Castle Craig does not treat sex addiction, however, treatment is available at other recommended UK rehabs.