Are you ready to stop drinking? Alcoholism affects people of any race, sex, and class in Wales. If you have a problem with gaming, either binge drinking or excessive drinking there's a wide range of mental health services that can help.
Treatments offered for alcoholism may start with an intervention, discussion on 'moderation vs abstinence' and possibly the opinions of inpatient (residential rehab) or outpatient treatment (therapy), a detox may be required. A good residential treatment centre with talking therapy, counselling and expertise in addiction is also highly recommended. Keeping the alcoholic apart from alcohol and all the triggers associated with acting out can mean hospitalisation or residential video game addiction care is the best solution. Not admitting to a drinking problem (denial) can often be an effective barrier to getting help for patients.
Drugs like psilocybin/psilocyn (magic mushrooms) and hallucinogens can cause depression, anxiety, paranoia and hallucinations
We Have Found multiple residential mental health care agencies near Cardiff
We are a free help and assessment guide for selecting the right residential video game addiction care that can help you with an addiction or a mental health issue that is tailored to your issues from drug and alcohol.
Get confidential help 24/7. Call 0808 1150 446 now. Access the top residential video game addiction cares with the best qualified psychiatrists. Access professional, caring, supportive guidance and learn about the many financial assistance options.
No matter where you live in Cardiff, many high end Short-term residential rehabs can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Discover more about a well-known most effective alcohol treatment near Began?
You will receive:
- Family intervention
- Your inpatient mental health care will offer Advanced aftercare And Relapse Prevention
- Thousands of people from all over the UK and the world have turned to rehab for high-quality treatment,
- inpatient rehab centres allow for a safe and conducive environment for addiction recovery and ensure you're not distracted by the typical stressors and triggers that normally cause you to crave or abuse drugs.
- 24/7 Medical Support
- Look, feel, sleep better & regain confidence
- Effective psychological interventions including cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Coca registered
- Treatment for any associated psychological issues
- A Focus on both mental and physical Health
Wherever you live in Cardiff or Wales, there is the perfect rehab that can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
The process of getting into rehab
NHS rehab Process: Your GP in Began is a good place to start. They can discuss your drug and alcohol problems with you and help get you the right inpatient mental health care in Cardiff.
Private rehab Process
Skip The Waiting List. Self-funding: you can self refer. This means literally call or turn up at your residential video game addiction care of choice with a credit card. See admissions.
Health insurance: choose your rehab and then ask GP to write a referral letter for you to take away. Alternatively, ask the doctor of advice on which hospital or clinic he recommends. More.
Arriving at the treatment centre
This will differ at different facilities but it is much the same everywhere
- You will be assessed so that your treatment needs and medical requirements are understood and a treatment plan is created
- You may need to detox
- You may be assigned a consultant psychiatrist near Began. They are in overall charge of your care and medication plan. They may make suggestions based on your diagnosis for additional medication or individual therapy on top of group work
- You may then assigned to a group of other alcoholics/addicts etc.
- You are then possibly assigned a therapist or support worker/nurse locally in Cardiff
- You may be given 12 step recovery literature
- You are probably shown your room which you may have to share
- You might then meet the rest of the addicts
Everyone is very friendly. The staff in Cardiff have seen it all before so you are just another addict trying to recover. As patients, you are all in the same boat as everyone feels as raw and vulnerable as each other so making friends is normally easy.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
How long does rehab take?
The duration of your residential video game addiction care stay will depend on the severity of your dependency, your own commitment, family support and willingness to live a life free from dependency, and the amount of time and money you have available to spend. If you have insurance then it will generally be 28-days.
Generally, the longer the rehab programme the less likely you are to relapse. NHS rehab normally accommodates longer inpatient treatments sometimes up to a year. More.
Average UK inpatient times
- Detox: 7-10 days (Methadone/20 days and Benzodiazepines/2-8 weeks).
- Hospital residential treatment, general mental health issues, depression/anxiety etc.: 7-14 days
- Most common Addiction programme/residential treatment: 28-days
- long-term residential treatment: 90 days
- NHS funded treatment, non private: 3months - 1 year
- Long term Outpatient treatment (including treatment for gaming: 130 days
Call now: 0808 1150 446
A typical day in rehab
Days will differ from rehab to rehab and gaming/addiction to addiction. However, most rehabs in Cardiff will follow a similar pattern.
A significant focus during treatment is on achieving clarity about the issues, people and surroundings in your life that have fuelled the desire to abuse drugs or alcohol/problems with gambling, internet and shopping.
Sleeping in is not part of the programme. You get up early, get dressed, attend breakfast. Some clinics have morning meditation. Some clinics ask patients to clear away breakfast things on a rota.
- Breakfast is followed by group (often 90 minutes)
- Another Group (60 minutes)
- One to one session or Group (60 minutes)
- Group, yoga or Pilates session or lecture; (60 minutes)
- Possible meeting with your consultant, social worker, help team
- There is often written step or life story work to do
Evening time: Normally patients are bused to a meeting of AA, NA or relevant 12 step programmes.
Diet: A number of rehabs have adopted nutritional diets to combat mental health issues. There may be an absence of sugar and caffeine. Smoking is still allowed outside as it is said that alcoholics would not attend otherwise.
Devices: In some clinics phones or laptops use is forbidden or discouraged. Bear in mind that a person with internet or a gaming addiction may find other patient using their devices triggering.
Visitor/family contact: It was common for patients to be advised to limit any or all contact with friends or family during the first week of treatment. Again this differs by provider. NHS rehabs are often further from your home in Began as there are limited local resources which can make visiting difficult.
Can I leave: Yes, these are not secure facilities or locked wards.
Can I come back? Not always, the NHS is sometimes stricter, if you drink or use you may be barred from returning either, at all or within 48 hours.
Cost of rehab
Costs can range from £2,000 per week for a basic service to around £10,000 per week for a boutique service. Some clinics charge extras which have to be covered separately and which you may not anticipate in advance. More on Costs.
The Perfect location for treatment
Finding the best rehab programme for issues and mental health problems caused by drug and alcohol is vital to long-term success. But where, close or far?
Every alcoholic/addict is different. However, most therapists often recommend that removing clients away from their local environment where they may have drunk, used or acted out is probably sensible.
It is better that the location is quiet and has an atmosphere that is both calm, peaceful and still 100% recovery-focused. However, that does not mean that city rehabs do not have appeal.
The difficulty with towns and city location is that offer easy access to alcohol and drugs, whereas locations without shops and fewer people make accessing substances that little bit harder. Perhaps this could be the difference between a moment's weakness leading to relapse or sobriety.
Recommended rehabs. One rehab that ticks all of these boxes is Castle Craig based outside Edinburgh. Only a 4-hour train ride or less from Cardiff. Over 10,000 patients have passed through our doors since 1988, and the majority have gone on to achieve, long-term abstinent recovery from their addictions. Another is Smarmore Castle in Ireland.
Why Castle Craig?
- Recommended residential video game addiction care
- Bespoke day case options
- Access to hundreds of drug & alcohol rehab centres
- Prescription of medications to help stop substance use
- Drug & Alcohol Rehabilitation
- 89% of those questioned after completing treatment at Castle Craig are either living with reduced alcohol or drug use or totally abstinent. More.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Many of the people we have helped have started their journey with us feeling hopeless, anxious, and severely depressed. We are here to help.
If you feel like you have lost your sense of control, and alcohol and drugs are having a detrimental impact on your life, it can be difficult to know where to begin when it comes to getting help.
If you have decided to attend a rehab centre, you are no longer in denial, and you have completed half of the battle.
Executive Rehab provides people suffering from substance addictions and co-occurring issues such as depression and anxiety professional guidance on solutions to their problems.
Residential treatment aims to support you through the initial stages of detox, and equip you with the tools you need for long term abstinence. More.
For detailed information visit the Castle Craig website.
Aftercare can involve:
- Continuing counselling or group therapy
- Regular check-in meetings with a programme
- Avoid triggers that previously resulted in your substance use; whether that is certain people, situations or stress from over-working
- Referring regularly to the 12 Step Programme
- Getting enough sleep
- Regular exercise
- Maintaining a nutritious diet
Rehabs and addiction resources for Began/Cardiff include
Alcohol and Drugs - Cardiff.gov.uk
Cardiff Alcohol and Drug Team (C.A.D.T.) - Cardiff and The Vale Mental Health Development Project
Cardiff Alcohol and Drug Team funding cut opposed by thousands on a new petition pleading for funding to continue to be given to alcohol and drug counselling services in Cardiff has attracted almost 5,000 signatures. Full story.
The impact of substance use may be reduced with early intervention. Alcohol and other drug use is the principle contributor to poor quality of life and low moodOther local areas: Litlington, Wigginton Heath, Sandhill, Darlton, Heolgerrig, Scotland End, Seagoe, Dundee, Armagh, Dromore, Blanchland and Whiteside.
Some issues that if you just ignore them they go away?
It's a fact that that addiction can cause problems like seizures, stroke, mental confusion and possible permanent brain damage.
Executive Rehab Guide 2020 aspires to deliver the highest quality of care in Cardiff across our range of acute services, which include immediate acute mental healthcare for drug and alcohol addiction and bitcoin, food, sex and shopping.
Please note Castle Craig does not treat sex addiction, however, treatment is available at other recommended UK rehabs.