With our right help and support, you can recover and get free from that sense of unease you may feel about a possible a mismatch between your biological sex and your gender identity
executive-rehab-guide.co.uk is dedicated to delivering tailored behavioural treatment, therapy & support in locally-based residential gender dysphoria treatments. We can connect you with to range of services depending on what you need, from detox to residential rehab.
We Have Found seven rehabs
Welcome: With a range of alcohol detox centres that cater for Cardiff, Castle Craig will give you information on free counselling and support you need every stage of your recovery journey from gender/mental health issues.
Get confidential help 24/7. Call 0808 1150 446 now. Access the top residential gender dysphoria treatments with the best therapists. Access professional, caring, supportive guidance and learn about the many financial assistance options.
No matter where you live in Cardiff, many accessible rehabs can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Find information here on a CQC approved residential gender dysphoria treatment local to Rumney?
You will receive:
- inpatient mental health care providers provide round-the-clock care to clients. This ensures your condition is being constantly monitored and the care you need is provided, as soon as required.
- 24-hour care at residential gender dysphoria treatment
- Immediate admission to the residential gender dysphoria treatment you choose
- Full physical and psychological assessments
- Advanced levels of care at residential gender dysphoria treatment
- Your residential gender dysphoria treatment will offer Advanced aftercare And Relapse Prevention
- Individual 1:1 therapy and structured group therapy programmes
- Motivational Interviewing
- Proven counselling treatments
- They arrange everything
Guide to recovery
Wherever you live in Cardiff or Wales, there is the perfect 12 step addiction centre that can help you beat your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Starting the rehab process
NHS rehab Process: A GP is a good place to start. They can discuss your gender problems with you and get you into treatment. They may offer you treatment at the practice or refer you to your local drug service. If you're not comfortable talking to a GP, you can approach your local gender treatment service yourself.
Private rehab Process
Self-funding: you can self refer. This means you can literally call and book, or simply turn up with a credit card to your residential gender dysphoria treatment of choice. See admissions.
Health insurance: choose your rehab and then ask GP to write a referral letter for you to take away. Alternatively, ask the doctor of advice on which hospital or clinic he recommends. More.
Arriving at the treatment centre
This will differ at different facilities but it is much the same everywhere
- You will be assessed so that your treatment needs and medical requirements are understood and a treatment plan is created
- You may need to detox
- You may be assigned a consultant psychiatrist near Llandaff. They are in overall charge of your care and medication plan. They may make suggestions based on your diagnosis for additional medication or individual therapy on top of group work
- You may then assigned to a group of other addicts etc.
- You are then possibly assigned a therapist or support worker/nurse locally in Cardiff
- You may be given 12 step recovery literature
- You are probably shown your room which you may have to share
- You might then meet the rest of the alcoholics
Everyone is very friendly. The staff in Cardiff have seen it all before so you are just another addict trying to recover. As patients, you are all in the same boat as everyone feels as raw and vulnerable as each other so making friends is normally easy.
Components of a rehab programme
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Does rehab work in Cardiff?
Yes it does. There is a strong evidence base to support the treatment methods used at Castle Craig, as well as in support of residential rehabilitation treatment for gender/addictions.
What Are The Success Rates? "One most recent independent research (2019) shows 73% of patients achieving long-term abstinence with 93% showing overall improvements.'"
What's it like? Click here for more information.
Two reasons why rehabs work so well
Ownership: The treatment provided through UK hospital forces alcoholics/addicts to take ownership of their circumstances, feelings/emotions, actions and relationships, as opposed to blaming others.
Without anyone or anything else to blame, he or she must come to terms with the fact that they alone are responsible for changing their addictive behaviour AND they are responsible for their own recovery. Rehab quickly teaches that those who try and get better for others will ultimately fail.
Tailored Treatment: Private clinics in Cardiff tend to use a bespoke treatment model rather than a one-size-fits-all approach. Many clients have co-occurring issues like shopping and spending behavioural problems or post-traumatic stress disorders. Addiction is often seen as a response to inner turmoil.
"I am so lucky to have had the chance to go into rehab. Without it would surely be dead. Have kept up my daily care routine." Archie May 2021 UK
Why rehab might not work:
- Poor consultants in St Fagans
- Co-occurring disorders such as gender dysphoria and body dysmorphic disorders are not identified
- See addiction myths
Want an Addiction Recovery Program that works? See Getting into the right addiction rehab centre.
How long does rehab take?
The duration of your residential gender dysphoria treatment stay will depend on the severity of your dependency, your own commitment, family support and willingness to live a life free from dependency, and the amount of time and money you have available to spend. If you have insurance then it will generally be 28-days.
Generally, the longer the rehab programme the less likely you are to relapse. NHS rehab normally accommodates longer inpatient treatments sometimes up to a year. More.
Average UK inpatient times
- Detox: 7-10 days (Methadone/20 days and Benzodiazepines/2-8 weeks).
- Hospital residential treatment, general mental health issues, depression/anxiety etc.: 7-14 days
- Most common Addiction programme/residential treatment: 28-days
- long-term residential treatment: 90 days
- NHS funded treatment, non private: 3months - 1 year
- Long term Outpatient treatment (including treatment for gender: 130 days
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Cost of rehab
Costs can range from £2,000 per week for a basic service to around £10,000 per week for a boutique service. Some clinics charge extras that have to be covered separately and which you may not anticipate in advance. More on Costs.
I can’t afford to go to rehab, what do I do?
The Executive Rehab Guide understand that every circumstance is different.
That’s why our package stays are competitively priced and have been voted the most affordable in recent years.
Ways to pay:
We offer our patients many different ways to pay for their treatment, you can cover the cost of your treatment with:
- Private Medical Insurer (BUPA)
- Pay-as-you go finance plans
- Weekly payments
- Discounts of long-term stays
The best location for treatment
Finding the best rehab programme for issues and mental health problems caused by gender is vital to long-term success. But where, close or far?
Every addict is different. However, most qualified psychiatrists often recommend that removing clients away from their local environment where they may have drunk, used or acted out is probably recommended.
It is better that the location is quiet and has an atmosphere that is both calm, peaceful and still 100% recovery-focused. However, that does not mean that city rehabs do not have appeal.
The difficulty with towns and city location is that offer easy access to alcohol and drugs, whereas locations without shops and fewer people make accessing substances that little bit harder. Perhaps this could be the difference between a moment's weakness leading to relapse or sobriety.
Recommended rehabs. One rehab that ticks all of these boxes is Castle Craig based outside Edinburgh. Only a 4-hour train ride or less from Cardiff. Over 10,000 patients have passed through our doors since 1988, and the majority have gone on to achieve, long-term abstinent recovery from their addictions. Another is Smarmore Castle in Ireland.
Why Castle Craig?
- Recommended residential gender dysphoria treatment
- Immediate admission to a safe and nurturing environment
- Help & support for families
- Private drug and alcohol rehab centre
- Castle Craig's team is made up of qualified psychiatrists, psychologists, addiction therapists and other mental health professionals
- 94% of addicts from the Castle Craig Addiction Treatment Programme would recommend us to a friend or family member
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Many of the people we have helped have started their journey with us feeling hopeless, anxious, and severely depressed. We are here to help.
If you feel like you have lost your sense of control, and alcohol and drugs are having a detrimental impact on your life, it can be difficult to know where to begin when it comes to getting help.
If you have decided to attend a rehab centre, you are no longer in denial, and you have completed half of the battle.
Executive Rehab provides people suffering from substance addictions and co-occurring issues such as depression and anxiety professional guidance on solutions to their problems.
Residential treatment aims to support you through the initial stages of detox, and equip you with the tools you need for long term abstinence. More.
For detailed information visit the Castle Craig website.
Aftercare can involve:
- Continuing counselling or group therapy
- Regular check-in meetings with a programme
- Avoid triggers that previously resulted in your substance use; whether that is certain people, situations or stress from over-working
- Referring regularly to the 12 Step Programme
- Getting enough sleep
- Regular exercise
- Maintaining a nutritious diet
Local addiction resources
Smarmore Castle Private Clinic | Alcohol & Drug Addiction Rehab Detox & Treatment | Ireland
Alcohol and Drugs - Cardiff.gov.uk
Cardiff Alcohol and Drug Team (C.A.D.T.) - Cardiff and The Vale Mental Health Development Project
Cardiff Alcohol and Drug Team funding cut opposed by thousands on a new petition pleading for funding to continue to be given to alcohol and drug counselling services in Cardiff has attracted almost 5,000 signatures. Full story.
alcohol and drug addiction can cause general health problems: liver damage (alcohol abuse), lung cancer (tobacco abuse), and damage to the nervous system (drug abuse). Alcohol and tobacco users are at a greater risk of developing cancer and other non-communicable diseases.Other local areas: Old Blair, Ynysboeth, Trottick, Coalhall, Lugar, Ty fry, Kilkenneth, Grantshouse, Siddal, Shadwell, Kinloid and Stoke End.
Please note Castle Craig does not treat sex addiction, however, treatment is available at other recommended UK rehabs.