Drug addiction: getting help
Although being addicted to drugs is becoming more common it is a serious condition that often requires urgent inpatient treatment in hospital. With the right help and support, you can get drug free.
At Castle Craig, we are dedicated to delivering individually tailored drug addiction treatment, therapy & support in Cardiff based residential prescription drugs centres near Cyncoed.
Commonly abused drugs include Crack cocaine, cocaine, ecstasy (MDMA), heroin, LSD, ketamine, magic mushrooms, methadone, methamphetamine (crystal meth) and of course cannabis.
Commonly abused prescription medication include Oxycodone, Hydrocodone/Vicodin, Fentanyl, Codeine, Co-codamol, Tramadol and benzodiazepines (benzos), Diazepam/valium, Alprazolam/Xanex, Chlordiazepoxide/Librium, Zolpidem, Ritalin, Adderall and Dexedrine.
Abusing these drugs can lead to becoming physically and psychologically dependent.
We have found 7 rehabs near Canton
We are a free help and assessment guide for selecting the right residential prescription drugs centre that can help you with advice for accessing drug or alcohol rehabilitation centre in Cardiff that is tailored to your drug abuse/mental health issues.
Get confidential help 24/7. Call 0808 1150 446 now. Access the top residential prescription drugs centres with the best counsellors. Access professional, caring, supportive guidance and learn about the many financial assistance options.
No matter where you live in Cardiff, many CQC/SCSWIS approved inpatient drug and alcohol treatments can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Want more information on exclusive residential prescription drugs centre close to Cyncoed?
You will receive:
- EDMR and PTSD treatments
- Their support teams can help during your difficult moments
- residential prescription drugs centre offers a Safe and Supportive Environment
- Free, no-obligation addiction assessment
- Support for family members at your residential prescription drugs centre
- Effective psychological interventions including cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Personalised rehabilitation programme
- Individualised or tailored treatment that best matches the needs of a addicts can be provided in a residential prescription drugs centre. This ensures the alcoholics's recovery is more comprehensive, as no aspect of their addiction is left untreated.
- professional guidance on co-occurring issues like depression
- Psychiatric assessments
Guide to rehab
Wherever you live in Cardiff or Wales, there is the perfect inpatient rehab centre that can help you beat your addiction. We'll help you find it.
The process of getting into rehab
NHS rehab Process: Your GP in Mynachdy is a good place to start. They can discuss your drug abuse problems with you and help get you the right residential prescription drugs centre in Cardiff.
Private rehab Process
Skip The Waiting List. Self-funding: you can self refer. This means literally call or turn up at your residential prescription drugs centre of choice with a credit card. See admissions.
Health insurance: choose your rehab and then ask GP to write a referral letter for you to take away. Alternatively, ask the doctor of advice on which hospital or clinic he recommends. More.
Arriving at the treatment centre
This will differ at different facilities but it is much the same everywhere
- You will be assessed so that your treatment needs and medical requirements are understood and a treatment plan is created
- You may need to detox
- You may be assigned a consultant psychiatrist near Canton. They are in overall charge of your care and medication plan. They may make suggestions based on your diagnosis for additional medication or individual therapy on top of group work
- You may then assigned to a group of other patients etc.
- You are then possibly assigned a therapist or support worker/nurse locally in Cardiff
- You may be given 12 step recovery literature
- You are probably shown your room which you may have to share
- You might then meet the rest of the alcoholics/addicts
Everyone is very friendly. The staff in Cardiff have seen it all before so you are just another addict trying to recover. As patients, you are all in the same boat as everyone feels as raw and vulnerable as each other so making friends is normally easy.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Does rehab work in Cardiff?
Yes it does. There is a strong evidence base to support the treatment methods used at Castle Craig, as well as in support of residential rehabilitation treatment for drug abuse/addictions.
What Are The Success Rates? "73.4% of those who attended treatment at Castle Craig were totally abstinent from all drugs or alcohol at follow-up (after about 1 year). More."
What's it like? Click here for more information.
Two reasons why rehabs work so well
Aftercare: UK Statistics show that aftercare is an important component in achieving long-term abstinence. Recovering clients who do not receive appropriate aftercare are 10 times more likely to relapse within one year.
Tailored Treatment: Private clinics in Cardiff tend to use a bespoke treatment model rather than a one-size-fits-all approach. Many addicts have co-occurring issues like mood disorders or depression. Addiction is often seen as a response to inner turmoil.
The ability to custom tailor a treatment plan enables clinic staff to achieve maximum benefits from every therapy chosen. Remember time is limited to 28-days if you have health insurance.
"I don't think a clinic type hospital, or smaller rehab setting would have worked for me. The personalisation of care I received from the staff here made my early sobriety bearable. Thank you from the bottom of my heart." Kali July 2019 Cardiff
Why rehab might not work:
- Poor consultants in Mynachdy
- patients going to rehab for someone other than themselves
- See addiction myths
Want an Addiction Recovery Program that works? See Getting into the right rehab.
How long does rehab take?
The duration of your residential prescription drugs centre stay will depend on the severity of your dependency, your own commitment, family support and willingness to live a life free from dependency, and the amount of time and money you have available to spend. If you have insurance then it will generally be 28-days.
Generally, the longer the rehab programme the less likely you are to relapse. NHS rehab normally accommodates longer inpatient treatments sometimes up to a year. More.
Average UK inpatient times
- Detox: 7-10 days (Methadone/20 days and Benzodiazepines/2-8 weeks).
- Hospital residential treatment, general mental health issues, depression/anxiety etc.: 7-14 days
- Most common Addiction programme/residential treatment: 28-days
- long-term residential treatment: 90 days
- NHS funded treatment, non private: 3months - 1 year
- Long term Outpatient treatment (including treatment for drug abuse: 130 days
Call now: 0808 1150 446
A 'normal' day in rehab
Days will differ from rehab to rehab and drug abuse/addiction to addiction. However, most rehabs in Cardiff will follow a similar pattern.
A significant focus during treatment is on achieving clarity about the issues, people and surroundings in your life that have fuelled the desire to abuse drugs or alcohol/problems with shopping, sex or love.
Sleeping in is not part of the programme. You get up early, get dressed, attend breakfast. Some clinics have morning meditation. Some clinics ask patients to clear away breakfast things on a rota.
- Breakfast is followed by group (often 90 minutes)
- Another Group (60 minutes)
- One to one session or Group ;(60 minutes)
- Group, yoga or Pilates session or lecture ;(60 minutes)
- Possible meeting with your consultant, social worker, help team
- There is often written step or life story work to do
Evening time: Normally patients are bused to a meeting of AA, NA, or relevant 12 step programme.
Diet: Several rehabs have adopted nutritional diets to combat mental health issues. There may be an absence of sugar and caffeine. Smoking is still allowed outside as it is said that alcoholics/addicts would not attend otherwise.
Devices: In some clinics phones or laptops use is forbidden or discouraged. Bear in mind that a person with internet or a gaming addiction may find other patient using their devices triggering.
Visitor/family contact: It was common for patients to be advised to limit any or all contact with friends or family during the first week of treatment. Again this differs by provider. NHS rehabs are often further from your home in Canton as there are limited local resources which can make visiting difficult.
Can I leave my residential prescription drugs centre? Yes, there are not secure facilities.
Can I come back? Not always, the NHS is sometimes stricter, if you drink or use you may be barred from returning either, at all, or within 48 hours.
Effective treatment solutions:
- Art group therapy
- Creative writing therapy
- Drumming therapy
- Equine therapy
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Mindfulness Meditation & Relaxation Therapy
Call 0808 115 0608 today and get the help you need now.
Cost of rehab
Costs can range from £2,000 per week for a basic service to around £10,000 per week for a boutique service. Some clinics charge extras that have to be covered separately and which you may not anticipate in advance. More on Costs.
I can’t afford to go to rehab, what do I do?
The Executive Rehab Guide understand that every circumstance is different.
That’s why our package stays are competitively priced and have been voted the most affordable in recent years.
Ways to pay:
We offer our patients many different ways to pay for their treatment, you can cover the cost of your treatment with:
- Private Medical Insurer (BUPA)
- Pay-as-you go finance plans
- Weekly payments
- Discounts of long-term stays
The best Rehab Location
Finding the best rehab programme for drug abuse difficulties is vital to long-term success. But where close or far? Every addiction client is different. However, most qualified psychiatrists often recommend that removing alcoholics away from their local environment where they may have drunk, used or acted out is probably a good idea.
It is better that the location is quiet and has an atmosphere that is both calm, peaceful and still 100% recovery-focused. However, that does not mean that city rehabs do not have appeal.
The difficulty with towns and city location is that offer easy access to alcohol and drugs, whereas locations without shops and fewer people make accessing substances that little bit harder. Perhaps this could be the difference between a moment's weakness leading to relapse or sobriety.
Recommended rehabs. One rehab that ticks all of these boxes is Castle Craig based outside Edinburgh. Only a 4-hour train ride or less from Cardiff. Over 10,000 patients have passed through our doors since 1988, and the majority have gone on to achieve, long-term abstinent recovery from their addictions. Another is Smarmore Castle in Ireland.
Why Castle Craig so popular?
- Leading residential prescription drugs centre
- The Hospital and its staff are committed to offering skilled professional medical, nursing and therapeutic services to patients and their families
- You get round-the-clock professional support
- 7 - 10 day medically assisted withdrawal detoxification for drug and alcohol addictions, if this is required
- 24-hour care
- One-to-one therapy
- Free aftercare for 12 months following treatment
- Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Compared to going it alone, patients who attend rehab are 5 times more likely to recover
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Executive Rehab provides people suffering from substance addictions and co-occurring issues such as depression and anxiety professional guidance on solutions to their problems.
Residential treatment aims to support you through the initial stages of detox, and equip you with the tools you need for long term abstinence. More.
For detailed information visit the Castle Craig website.
Aftercare can involve:
- Continuing counselling or group therapy
- Regular check-in meetings with a programme
- Avoid triggers that previously resulted in your substance use; whether that is certain people, situations or stress from over-working
- Referring regularly to the 12 Step Programme
- Getting enough sleep
- Regular exercise
- Maintaining a nutritious diet
Local addiction resources
Alcohol and Drugs - Cardiff.gov.uk
Cardiff Alcohol and Drug Team (C.A.D.T.) - Cardiff and The Vale Mental Health Development Project
Cardiff Alcohol and Drug Team funding cut opposed by thousands on a new petition pleading for funding to continue to be given to alcohol and drug counselling services in Cardiff has attracted almost 5,000 signatures. Full story.
The first and foremost step in encouraging an alcoholic to get treatment is to stop all pretence.Other local areas: Stowe, Reeth, Bready, Lee, Draycott, Stareton, Raffrey, Kirknewton, Trezelah, Low Blantyre, Fair Cross and Bryniau.
Some issues that if you just ignore them they go away?
It is true that that in 2020, it is estimated that 258,500 people received treatment from drug misuse agencies in Wales alone.
Executive Rehab Guide 2020 aspires to deliver the highest quality of care in Cardiff across our range of acute services, which include easily accessible acute mental healthcare for drug and alcohol addiction and internet, love bitcoin, food and shopping.
Please note Castle Craig does not treat sex addiction, however, treatment is available at other recommended UK rehabs.