Drug addiction: getting help
Although being addicted to drugs is becoming more common it is a serious condition that often requires urgent inpatient treatment in hospital. With the right help and support, you can get drug free.
At executive-rehab-guide.co.uk, we are dedicated to delivering individually tailored drug addiction treatment, therapy & support in Carrickfergus based alcohol abuse clinics near Bellahill.
Commonly abused drugs include Crack cocaine, cocaine, ecstasy (MDMA), heroin, LSD, ketamine, magic mushrooms, methadone, methamphetamine (crystal meth) and of course cannabis.
Commonly abused prescription medication include Oxycodone, Hydrocodone/Vicodin, Fentanyl, Codeine, Co-codamol, Tramadol and benzodiazepines (benzos), Diazepam/valium, Alprazolam/Xanex, Chlordiazepoxide/Librium, Zolpidem, Ritalin, Adderall and Dexedrine.
Abusing these drugs can lead to becoming physically and psychologically dependent.
We have found 7 rehabs near Bellahill
We are a free help and assessment guide for selecting the right alcohol abuse clinic that can help you in getting help that is tailored to your issues from alcohol.
Get confidential help 24/7. Call 0808 1150 446 now. Access the top alcohol abuse clinics with the best psychologists. Access professional, caring, supportive guidance and learn about the many financial assistance options.
No matter where you live in Carrickfergus, many flexible substance treatment hospitals can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Need a well respected drug alcohol rehab centre close to Bellahill?
You will receive:
- 12 Step recovery model
- alcohol rehab treatment offers a Safe and Supportive Environment
- One-to-one therapy
- professional guidance on co-occurring issues like depression
- Free advice including pHs & private options
- You can receive outpatient treatment if you prefer
- Coca registered
- gambling, internet and shopping rehabilitation
- Convenience and comfortable
- Immediate admission
Perhaps you are looking for exclusive addiction help for you or someone who desperately needs help who may have issues and mental health problems caused by alcohol. We understand that this is very difficult for you to ask for help and advice for you or your family.
No matter where you live in Carrickfergus or Northern Ireland, there is the perfect residential rehab that can help you recover from your addiction. We'll help you find it. Our trained addiction consultants are on hand 24 hours a day.
We are here to help. Call 0808 1150 446, we can offer advice on all aspects of accessing the right treatment for your alcohol difficulties.
The calls are free and there is no-obligation to purchase or commit to anything. The helpline is run by Castle Craig, one of the oldest and best addiction treatment centres in the UK. Complete confidentiality is guaranteed.
Starting the rehab process
NHS rehab Process: Successfully dealing with addiction often requires outside help. Start by talking to your GP and asking to be referred. There's a wide range of NHS services that can help near Bellahill and South Elphinstone
Private rehab Process
Self-funding: you can self refer. This means you can literally call and book, or simply turn up with a credit card to your alcohol abuse clinic of choice. See admissions.
Health insurance: choose your rehab and then ask GP to write a referral letter for you to take away. Alternatively, ask the doctor of advice on which hospital or clinic he recommends. More.
Arriving at the treatment centre
This will differ at different facilities but it is much the same everywhere
- You will be assessed so that your treatment needs and medical requirements are understood and a treatment plan is created
- You may need to detox
- You may be assigned a consultant psychiatrist near Bellahill. They are in overall charge of your care and medication plan. They may make suggestions based on your diagnosis for additional medication or individual therapy on top of group work
- You may then assigned to a group of other addicts etc.
- You are then possibly assigned a therapist or support worker/nurse locally in Carrickfergus
- You may be given 12 step recovery literature
- You are probably shown your room which you may have to share
- You might then meet the rest of the alcoholics/addicts
Everyone is very friendly. The staff in Carrickfergus have seen it all before so you are just another addict trying to recover. As patients, you are all in the same boat as everyone feels as raw and vulnerable as each other so making friends is normally easy.
Components of a rehab programme
Call now: 0808 1150 446
How long does rehab take?
The duration of your alcohol abuse clinic stay will depend on the severity of your dependency, your own commitment, family support and willingness to live a life free from dependency, and the amount of time and money you have available to spend. If you have insurance then it will generally be 28-days.
Generally, the longer the rehab programme the less likely you are to relapse. NHS rehab normally accommodates longer inpatient treatments sometimes up to a year. More.
Average UK inpatient times
- Detox: 7-10 days (Methadone/20 days and Benzodiazepines/2-8 weeks).
- Hospital residential treatment, general mental health issues, depression/anxiety etc.: 7-14 days
- Most common Addiction programme/residential treatment: 28-days
- long-term residential treatment: 90 days
- NHS funded treatment, non private: 3months - 1 year
- Long term Outpatient treatment (including treatment for alcohol: 130 days
Call now: 0808 1150 446
A 'normal' day in rehab
Days will differ from rehab to rehab and alcohol/addiction to addiction. However, most rehabs in Carrickfergus will follow a similar pattern.
A significant focus during treatment is on achieving clarity about the issues, people and surroundings in your life that have fuelled the desire to abuse drugs or alcohol/problems with bitcoin, food, sex and shopping.
Sleeping in is not part of the programme. You get up early, get dressed, attend breakfast. Some clinics have morning meditation. Some clinics ask patients to clear away breakfast things on a rota.
- Breakfast is followed by group (often 90 minutes)
- Another Group (60 minutes)
- One to one session or Group ;(60 minutes)
- Group, yoga or Pilates session or lecture ;(60 minutes)
- Possible meeting with your consultant, social worker, help team
- There is often written step or life story work to do
Evening time: Normally patients are bused to a meeting of AA, NA, or relevant 12 step programme.
Diet: Several rehabs have adopted nutritional diets to combat mental health issues. There may be an absence of sugar and caffeine. Smoking is still allowed outside as it is said that patients would not attend otherwise.
Devices: In some clinics phones or laptops use is forbidden or discouraged. Bear in mind that a person with internet or a gaming addiction may find other patient using their devices triggering.
Visitor/family contact: It was common for patients to be advised to limit any or all contact with friends or family during the first week of treatment. Again this differs by provider. NHS rehabs are often further from your home in Bellahill as there are limited local resources which can make visiting difficult.
Can I leave my alcohol abuse clinic? Yes, there are not secure facilities.
Can I come back? Not always, the NHS is sometimes stricter, if you drink or use you may be barred from returning either, at all, or within 48 hours.
Effective treatment solutions:
- Art group therapy
- Creative writing therapy
- Drumming therapy
- Equine therapy
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Mindfulness Meditation & Relaxation Therapy
Call 0808 115 0608 today and get the help you need now.
Cost of rehab
Costs can range from £2,000 per week for a basic service to around £10,000 per week for a boutique service. Some clinics charge extras which have to be covered separately and which you may not anticipate in advance. More on Costs.
The Perfect Rehab Location
Finding the best rehab programme for alcohol/mental health problems is vital to long-term success. But where close or far? Every alcoholic is different. However, most counsellors often recommend that removing alcoholics away from their local environment where they may have drunk, used or acted out is probably a good idea.
It is better that the location is quiet and has an atmosphere that is both calm, peaceful and still 100% recovery-focused. However, that does not mean that city rehabs do not have appeal.
The difficulty with towns and city location is that offer easy access to alcohol and drugs, whereas locations without shops and fewer people make accessing substances that little bit harder. Perhaps this could be the difference between a moment's weakness leading to relapse or sobriety.
Recommended rehabs. One rehab that ticks all of these boxes is Castle Craig based outside Edinburgh. Only a 4-hour train ride or less from Carrickfergus. Over 10,000 patients have passed through our doors since 1988, and the majority have gone on to achieve, long-term abstinent recovery from their addictions. Another is Smarmore Castle in Ireland.
Why is Castle Craig so popular
- Leading alcohol abuse clinic
- Highly recommended
- Prescribed medical detoxification
- En-suite rooms available
- CQC Registered
- Family intervention
- Offer therapy and detoxification
- Personalised rehabilitation programme
- 81.6% were classed as a good outcome by the independent reviewers after attending Castle Craig's residential rehab . More.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Executive Rehab provides people suffering from substance addictions and co-occurring issues such as depression and anxiety professional guidance on solutions to their problems.
Residential treatment aims to support you through the initial stages of detox, and equip you with the tools you need for long term abstinence. More.
For detailed information visit the Castle Craig website.
Aftercare can involve:
- Continuing counselling or group therapy
- Regular check-in meetings with a programme
- Avoid triggers that previously resulted in your substance use; whether that is certain people, situations or stress from over-working
- Referring regularly to the 12 Step Programme
- Getting enough sleep
- Regular exercise
- Maintaining a nutritious diet
Local addiction resources
alcohol and drug addiction often results in risk-taking behaviour due to intoxication: this could include violence, reckless driving or sexual behaviour, causing domestic violence, accidents and injuries.Other local areas: Llandaff, Lower Mains, Ardchullarie More, Penyrheol, Brading, Ollerton, Moorhole, Tullyallen, Broughshane, Tobermore, Silverton and Walberswick.
What happens if I ignore the problem?
It's a sad fact that that in 2019, there were 190,000 alcohol-related prescription items dispensed in Northern Ireland, 27% higher than in 2018.
Please note Castle Craig does not treat sex addiction, however, treatment is available at other recommended UK rehabs.