We have found that work is a relatively common behavioural addiction. our Rehab Guide can connect you with the best local service in Ceredigion that can deliver personalised treatment programmes designed to address the reasons and emotions behind compulsive buying and work addiction.
Successful treatment programmes to treat work addiction comprise of medication, counselling and therapy often within a clinical environment.
Addiction often combines other health problems both physical and mental. Mental health problems we deal with every day include depression/anxiety disorders OCD and post-traumatic stress disorder (called PTSD for short).
There are many opportunities to go to rehab if you live in Penmorfa
The aim of executive-rehab-guide.co.uk is to equip you with effective knowledge you need to confidently tackle depression problems proactively in Penmorfa and at the earliest possible stage to avoid further damage to your work and/or your relationships.
Here at Castle Craig, we are familiar with substance addiction, including drug addiction, as well as other behavioural addictions such as shopping, sex or love can have a disadvantageous impact on a life.
Find Out More about depression
Get confidential help 24/7. Call 0808 1150 446 now. Access the top depression help clinics with the best consultants. Access professional, caring, supportive guidance and learn about the many financial assistance options.
No matter where you live in Ceredigion, many successful inpatient rehab centres can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Providing a lifeline of safe and caring support to families, friends and partners affected by someone else's drug or alcohol us
Want to know more about the best work addiction treatment centre close by Penmorfa?
You will receive:
- Enjoy support 24-hours a day
- Direct access to treatment counsellors
- Access to both on and off-site 12-Step support groups
- Proven counselling treatments
- Provide compassionate care to those suffering from alcoholism and other addictions
- Psychiatric assessments
- Full clinical assessment when arriving at your residential depression clinic
- Effective detox, you don't have to go cold-turkey
- Trauma therapy
- One-to-one therapy
Guide to recovery
Wherever you live in Ceredigion or Wales, there is the perfect rehab that can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
The process of getting into rehab
NHS rehab Process: Your GP in Penmorfa is a good place to start. They can discuss your depression problems with you and help get you the right residential depression clinic in Ceredigion.
Private rehab Process
Skip The Waiting List. Self-funding: you can self refer. This means literally call or turn up at your depression help clinic of choice with a credit card. See admissions.
Health insurance: choose your rehab and then ask GP to write a referral letter for you to take away. Alternatively, ask the doctor of advice on which hospital or clinic he recommends. More.
Arriving at the treatment centre
This will differ at different facilities but it is much the same everywhere
- You will be assessed so that your treatment needs and medical requirements are understood and a treatment plan is created
- You may need to detox
- You may be assigned a consultant psychiatrist near Penmorfa. They are in overall charge of your care and medication plan. They may make suggestions based on your diagnosis for additional medication or individual therapy on top of group work
- You may then assigned to a group of other addicts etc.
- You are then possibly assigned a therapist or support worker/nurse locally in Ceredigion
- You may be given 12 step recovery literature
- You are probably shown your room which you may have to share
- You might then meet the rest of the clients
Everyone is very friendly. The staff in Ceredigion have seen it all before so you are just another addict trying to recover. As patients, you are all in the same boat as everyone feels as raw and vulnerable as each other so making friends is normally easy.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Does rehab work in Ceredigion?
Yes it does. There is a strong evidence base to support the treatment methods used at Castle Craig, as well as in support of residential rehabilitation treatment for depression/addictions.
What Are The Success Rates? "98.5% of alcoholics/addicts from Castle Craig stated that they felt safe during their stay in hospital"
What's it like? Click here for more information.
Two reasons why rehabs work so well
Aftercare: UK Statistics always show that aftercare is an important component in achieving long-term abstinence from alcohol addiction. Recovering patients who do not receive appropriate aftercare are 10 times more likely to relapse within one year. Most clinics include aftercare as part of their treatment services in most cases. NHS clinics do not always have this facility
Safe, Caring Environment: Residential treatment at a private clinic is conducted in a safe environment that is free of the distractions of everyday life. Alcoholics and addicts are living in a bubble, they are completely insulated from the outside world. This means that there are fewer distractions or triggers. Addicts can concentrate all of their energies on getting well. They are effectively removed from all of the outside distractions and stressors and 'immersed in recovery'.
"If you think you can beat a drug addiction on the outside, think again. I couldn't. I needed inpatient. I needed tough love, structure. I am grateful but hope to never have to repeat the experience." Jayda August 2016 Catshill
Why rehab might not work:
- Lack of participation in groups and therapy
- Lack of education for family and friends in Penmorfa
- See addiction myths
Want an Addiction Recovery Program that works? See Getting into the right 28-day rehab.
How long does rehab take?
The duration of your depression help clinic stay will depend on the severity of your dependency, your own commitment, family support and willingness to live a life free from dependency, and the amount of time and money you have available to spend. If you have insurance then it will generally be 28-days.
Generally, the longer the rehab programme the less likely you are to relapse. NHS rehab normally accommodates longer inpatient treatments sometimes up to a year. More.
Average UK inpatient times
- Detox: 7-10 days (Methadone/20 days and Benzodiazepines/2-8 weeks).
- Hospital residential treatment, general mental health issues, depression/anxiety etc.: 7-14 days
- Most common Addiction programme/residential treatment: 28-days
- long-term residential treatment: 90 days
- NHS funded treatment, non private: 3months - 1 year
- Long term Outpatient treatment (including treatment for depression: 130 days
Call now: 0808 1150 446
A 'normal' day in rehab
Days will differ from rehab to rehab and depression/addiction to addiction. However, most rehabs in Ceredigion will follow a similar pattern.
A significant focus during treatment is on achieving clarity about the issues, people and surroundings in your life that have fuelled the desire to abuse drugs or alcohol/problems with internet, love and sex and shopping.
Sleeping in is not part of the programme. You get up early, get dressed, attend breakfast. Some clinics have morning meditation. Some clinics ask patients to clear away breakfast things on a rota.
- Breakfast is followed by group (often 90 minutes)
- Another Group (60 minutes)
- One to one session or Group ;(60 minutes)
- Group, yoga or Pilates session or lecture ;(60 minutes)
- Possible meeting with your consultant, social worker, help team
- There is often written step or life story work to do
Evening time: Normally patients are bused to a meeting of AA, NA, or relevant 12 step programme.
Diet: Several rehabs have adopted nutritional diets to combat mental health issues. There may be an absence of sugar and caffeine. Smoking is still allowed outside as it is said that alcoholics would not attend otherwise.
Devices: In some clinics phones or laptops use is forbidden or discouraged. Bear in mind that a person with internet or a gaming addiction may find other patient using their devices triggering.
Visitor/family contact: It was common for patients to be advised to limit any or all contact with friends or family during the first week of treatment. Again this differs by provider. NHS rehabs are often further from your home in Penmorfa as there are limited local resources which can make visiting difficult.
Can I leave my depression help clinic? Yes, there are not secure facilities.
Can I come back? Not always, the NHS is sometimes stricter, if you drink or use you may be barred from returning either, at all, or within 48 hours.
Effective treatment solutions:
- Art group therapy
- Creative writing therapy
- Drumming therapy
- Equine therapy
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Mindfulness Meditation & Relaxation Therapy
Call 0808 115 0608 today and get the help you need now.
Cost of rehab
Costs can range from £2,000 per week for a basic service to around £10,000 per week for a boutique service. Some clinics charge extras that have to be covered separately and which you may not anticipate in advance. More on Costs.
I can’t afford to go to rehab, what do I do?
The Executive Rehab Guide understand that every circumstance is different.
That’s why our package stays are competitively priced and have been voted the most affordable in recent years.
Ways to pay:
We offer our patients many different ways to pay for their treatment, you can cover the cost of your treatment with:
- Private Medical Insurer (BUPA)
- Pay-as-you go finance plans
- Weekly payments
- Discounts of long-term stays
The Perfect Rehab Location
Finding the best rehab programme for depression/mental health issues is vital to long-term success. But where close or far? Every alcoholic/addict is different. However, most counsellors often recommend that removing addicts away from their local environment where they may have drunk, used or acted out is probably a good idea.
It is better that the location is quiet and has an atmosphere that is both calm, peaceful and still 100% recovery-focused. However, that does not mean that city rehabs do not have appeal.
The difficulty with towns and city location is that offer easy access to alcohol and drugs, whereas locations without shops and fewer people make accessing substances that little bit harder. Perhaps this could be the difference between a moment's weakness leading to relapse or sobriety.
Recommended rehabs. One rehab that ticks all of these boxes is Castle Craig based outside Edinburgh. Only a 4-hour train ride or less from Ceredigion. Over 10,000 patients have passed through our doors since 1988, and the majority have gone on to achieve, long-term abstinent recovery from their addictions. Another is Smarmore Castle in Ireland.
A top reason why rehab works
- Leading depression help clinic
- Open 24 hours
- Learn techniques for relapse prevention
- Individual 1:1 therapy and structured group therapy programmes
- Family and couples programmes
- Highly recommended
- Free aftercare for 12 months following treatment
- Offer therapy and detoxification
- 61% of those who attended treatment at Castle Craig were totally abstinent from all drugs or alcohol at follow-up (after 67 weeks). More.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Local addiction resources
Getting a loved one into rehab: you may need to implement a strategy of what seems like 'tough love', which involves letting them know the course of action you will take if they refuse to get help"Other local areas: Methil, Ladywell, St Anthony's, Ickenham, Bangor, East Leake, Aldgate, Mauricewood, Eastoke, Boardmills, Craigielaw and Hindon.
Common Questions on work addiction treatment centre in Wales
Please note Castle Craig does not treat sex addiction, however, treatment is available at other recommended UK rehabs.