Drug addiction: getting help
Although being addicted to drugs is becoming more common it is a serious condition that often requires urgent inpatient treatment in hospital. With the right help and support, you can get drug free.
At executive-rehab-guide.co.uk, we are dedicated to delivering individually tailored drug addiction treatment, therapy & support in Dorset based alcohol treatment rehabs near Affpuddle.
Commonly abused drugs include Crack cocaine, cocaine, ecstasy (MDMA), heroin, LSD, ketamine, magic mushrooms, methadone, methamphetamine (crystal meth) and of course cannabis.
Commonly abused prescription medication include Oxycodone, Hydrocodone/Vicodin, Fentanyl, Codeine, Co-codamol, Tramadol and benzodiazepines (benzos), Diazepam/valium, Alprazolam/Xanex, Chlordiazepoxide/Librium, Zolpidem, Ritalin, Adderall and Dexedrine.
Abusing these drugs can lead to becoming physically and psychologically dependent.
We Have Found three Treatment Facilities in Dorset
Welcome: With a range of alcohol detox centres that cater for Dorset, our Rehab Guide will give you information on free counselling and support you need every stage of your recovery journey from alcohol/mental health difficulties.
Get confidential help 24/7. Call 0808 1150 446 now. Access the top alcohol treatment rehabs with the best therapists. Access professional, caring, supportive guidance and learn about the many financial assistance options.
No matter where you live in Dorset, many flexible inpatient rehab centres can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Providing a lifeline of safe and caring support to families, friends and partners affected by addiction
What does a rehab do? a CQC approved drug and alcohol rehab near Affpuddle?
You will receive:
- Thousands of people from all over the UK and the world have turned to rehab for high-quality treatment,
- Prescription of medications to help stop substance use
- alcohol rehabilitation treatment's team is made up of qualified psychiatrists, psychologists, addiction therapists and other mental health professionals
- 7 - 10 day medically assisted withdrawal detoxification for drug and alcohol addictions, if this is required
- Arrangement for help with medical problems
- Prescribed medical detoxification
- Proven counselling treatment
- 24-hour care at alcohol rehabilitation treatment
- Aftercare & ongoing therapies
- alcohol rehabilitation treatment promotes the 90 days 'Gold Standard',
No matter where you live in Dorset or England, there is the perfect rehab that can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
We are here to help. To book into your Dorset drug or alcohol rehab clinic of choice, call 0808 1150 446, we can offer advice on all aspects of accessing the right treatment for your alcohol difficulties.
The calls are free and there is no-obligation to purchase or commit to anything. The helpline is run by Castle Craig, one of the oldest and best private rehab centres in the UK.
The process of getting into rehab
NHS rehab Process: Successfully dealing with addiction often requires outside help. Start by talking to your GP and asking to be referred. There's a wide range of NHS services that can help near Shillingstone and Tre gynwr
Private rehab Process
Skip The Waiting List. Self-funding: you can self refer. This means literally call or turn up at your alcohol treatment rehab of choice with a credit card. See admissions.
Health insurance: choose your rehab and then ask GP to write a referral letter for you to take away. Alternatively, ask the doctor of advice on which hospital or clinic he recommends. More.
Arriving at the treatment centre
This will differ at different facilities but it is much the same everywhere
- You will be assessed so that your treatment needs and medical requirements are understood and a treatment plan is created
- You may need to detox
- You may be assigned a consultant psychiatrist near Worbarrow. They are in overall charge of your care and medication plan. They may make suggestions based on your diagnosis for additional medication or individual therapy on top of group work
- You may then assigned to a group of other addicts etc.
- You are then possibly assigned a therapist or support worker/nurse locally in Dorset
- You may be given 12 step recovery literature
- You are probably shown your room which you may have to share
- You might then meet the rest of the alcoholics
Everyone is very friendly. The staff in Dorset have seen it all before so you are just another addict trying to recover. As patients, you are all in the same boat as everyone feels as raw and vulnerable as each other so making friends is normally easy.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Does rehab work in Dorset?
Yes it does. There is a strong evidence base to support the treatment methods used at Castle Craig, as well as in support of residential rehabilitation treatment for alcohol/addictions.
What Are The Success Rates? "98.5% of patients from Castle Craig stated that they felt safe during their stay in hospital"
What's it like? Click here for more information.
Two reasons why rehabs work so well
Tailored Treatment: Private clinics in Dorset tend to use a bespoke treatment model rather than a one-size-fits-all approach. Many clients have co-occurring issues like post-traumatic stress disorders or gender dysphoria. Addiction is often seen as a response to inner turmoil.
The ability to custom tailor a treatment plan enables clinic staff to achieve maximum benefits from every therapy chosen. Remember time is limited to 28-days if you have health insurance.
Local community-based or local outpatient services based in Dorset does not offer this opportunity or level or isolation. It is proven that taking a person out of their home and away from 'using friends' or 'dealers' offers a better chance of staying sober long term.
"Rehab gave me a new lease on life. The experience allowed me to pull my soul out of the dark abyss that was my drug addiction. I am deeply grateful to everyone who played a role in my recovery. I will forever be beholden to you." Cadence November 2016 Cwm Penmachno
Why rehab might not work:
- Inadequate or absence of medical detox
- Lack of support system at the patient's home near Shillingstone
- See addiction myths
Want an Addiction Recovery Program that works? See Getting into the right substance treatment hospital.
How long does rehab take?
The duration of your alcohol treatment rehab stay will depend on the severity of your dependency, your own commitment, family support and willingness to live a life free from dependency, and the amount of time and money you have available to spend. If you have insurance then it will generally be 28-days.
Generally, the longer the rehab programme the less likely you are to relapse. NHS rehab normally accommodates longer inpatient treatments sometimes up to a year. More.
Average UK inpatient times
- Detox: 7-10 days (Methadone/20 days and Benzodiazepines/2-8 weeks).
- Hospital residential treatment, general mental health issues, depression/anxiety etc.: 7-14 days
- Most common Addiction programme/residential treatment: 28-days
- long-term residential treatment: 90 days
- NHS funded treatment, non private: 3months - 1 year
- Long term Outpatient treatment (including treatment for alcohol: 130 days
Call now: 0808 1150 446
A 'normal' day in rehab
Days will differ from rehab to rehab and alcohol/addiction to addiction. However, most rehabs in Dorset will follow a similar pattern.
A significant focus during treatment is on achieving clarity about the issues, people and surroundings in your life that have fuelled the desire to abuse drugs or alcohol/problems with internet, love and sex and shopping.
Sleeping in is not part of the programme. You get up early, get dressed, attend breakfast. Some clinics have morning meditation. Some clinics ask patients to clear away breakfast things on a rota.
- Breakfast is followed by group (often 90 minutes)
- Another Group (60 minutes)
- One to one session or Group ;(60 minutes)
- Group, yoga or Pilates session or lecture ;(60 minutes)
- Possible meeting with your consultant, social worker, help team
- There is often written step or life story work to do
Evening time: Normally patients are bused to a meeting of AA, NA, or relevant 12 step programme.
Diet: Several rehabs have adopted nutritional diets to combat mental health issues. There may be an absence of sugar and caffeine. Smoking is still allowed outside as it is said that alcoholics/addicts would not attend otherwise.
Devices: In some clinics phones or laptops use is forbidden or discouraged. Bear in mind that a person with internet or a gaming addiction may find other patient using their devices triggering.
Visitor/family contact: It was common for patients to be advised to limit any or all contact with friends or family during the first week of treatment. Again this differs by provider. NHS rehabs are often further from your home in Worbarrow as there are limited local resources which can make visiting difficult.
Can I leave my alcohol treatment rehab? Yes, there are not secure facilities.
Can I come back? Not always, the NHS is sometimes stricter, if you drink or use you may be barred from returning either, at all, or within 48 hours.
Effective treatment solutions:
- Art group therapy
- Creative writing therapy
- Drumming therapy
- Equine therapy
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Mindfulness Meditation & Relaxation Therapy
Call 0808 115 0608 today and get the help you need now.
Cost of rehab
Costs can range from £2,000 per week for a basic service to around £10,000 per week for a boutique service. Some clinics charge extras that have to be covered separately and which you may not anticipate in advance. More on Costs.
I can’t afford to go to rehab, what do I do?
The Executive Rehab Guide understand that every circumstance is different.
That’s why our package stays are competitively priced and have been voted the most affordable in recent years.
Ways to pay:
We offer our patients many different ways to pay for their treatment, you can cover the cost of your treatment with:
- Private Medical Insurer (BUPA)
- Pay-as-you go finance plans
- Weekly payments
- Discounts of long-term stays
Ideal Rehab Location
Finding the best rehab programme for alcohol/mental health problems is vital to long-term success. But where close or far? Every patient is different. However, most consultants often recommend that removing addicts away from their local environment where they may have drunk, used or acted out is probably a good idea.
It is better that the location is quiet and has an atmosphere that is both calm, peaceful and still 100% recovery-focused. However, that does not mean that city rehabs do not have appeal.
The difficulty with towns and city location is that offer easy access to alcohol and drugs, whereas locations without shops and fewer people make accessing substances that little bit harder. Perhaps this could be the difference between a moment's weakness leading to relapse or sobriety.
Recommended rehabs. One rehab that ticks all of these boxes is Castle Craig based outside Edinburgh. Only a 4-hour train ride or less from Dorset. Over 10,000 patients have passed through our doors since 1988, and the majority have gone on to achieve, long-term abstinent recovery from their addictions. Another is Smarmore Castle in Ireland.
Why is Castle Craig so popular
- Leading alcohol treatment rehab
- Bespoke day case options
- Immediate admission to your alcohol rehabilitation treatment
- Look, feel, sleep better & regain confidence
- 24-hour care
- Castle Craig's team is made up of qualified psychiatrists, psychologists, addiction therapists and other mental health professionals
- Established in 1988
- 24/7 Medical Support
- 67% of addicts who attend rehab plus continued attendance at Alcoholics Anonymous in the patient's home community in Shillingstone recovery?.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Dorset drug and alcohol addiction resources
Carrickfergus Alcohol Rehabs & Drug Treatment Centres | RehabPath
Carrick 1 Addiction Unit | Northern Ireland Drug and Alcohol Services
Timing also plays an essential part in coaxing a person who won't agree to treatment into getting the help they so desperately need. The best time to approach them is shortly after their last bout of drinking has occurredOther local areas: Flood's Ferry, Llansanffraid ym Mechain, Tullymurry, Glasgow, Butler's Hill, Anwoth, Newbigging, Old Grimsby, Ross on Wye, Paulerspury, Weethley and Seaford.
The Price of Ignoring Our Problems of addiction
It's a fact that that at Castle Craig the success rates of 62% or better were found among addicts who successfully completing rehab.
Please note Castle Craig does not treat sex addiction, however, treatment is available at other recommended UK rehabs.