Drug addiction: getting help
Although being addicted to drugs is becoming more common it is a serious condition that often requires urgent inpatient treatment in hospital. With the right help and support, you can get drug free.
At Castle Craig, we are dedicated to delivering individually tailored drug addiction treatment, therapy & support in Dundee based addiction hospitals near West Ferry.
Commonly abused drugs include Crack cocaine, cocaine, ecstasy (MDMA), heroin, LSD, ketamine, magic mushrooms, methadone, methamphetamine (crystal meth) and of course cannabis.
Commonly abused prescription medication include Oxycodone, Hydrocodone/Vicodin, Fentanyl, Codeine, Co-codamol, Tramadol and benzodiazepines (benzos), Diazepam/valium, Alprazolam/Xanex, Chlordiazepoxide/Librium, Zolpidem, Ritalin, Adderall and Dexedrine.
Abusing these drugs can lead to becoming physically and psychologically dependent.
We have found 3 rehabs near West Ferry
The aim of the Executive Rehab Guide is to equip you with immediate help, advice and knowledge you need to confidently tackle alcohol or drugs problems proactively in West Ferry and at the earliest possible stage to avoid further damage to your ability at work and/or your relationships.
At executive-rehab-guide.co.uk, we recognise that substance use, including alcohol and drug problems, as well as other behavioural addictions such as internet, love bitcoin, food and shopping can have a profoundly negative impact on all areas of your life.
Find Dundee's best rehabs near DD5
Get confidential help 24/7. Call 0808 1150 446 now. Access the top addiction hospitals with the best therapists. Access professional, caring, supportive guidance and learn about the many financial assistance options.
No matter where you live in Dundee, many CQC approved 12 step addiction centres can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Help and Advice a CQC/SCSWIS approved drug and alcohol rehab close by West Ferry?
You will receive:
- Access to Castle Craig, established in 1988 rehab, one of the UK's most established and respected addiction rehabilitation clinics.
- Family telephone helpline
- Detox medication & treatments
- Your assessment will be*completely confidential*
- Offer aftercare and ongoing support
- Effective detox, you don't have to go cold-turkey
- En-suite Rooms available at your computer gaming addiction rehabilitation
- You won't have to feel alone anymore
- Coca registered
- You get guilt-free self-care at the computer gaming addiction rehabilitation you choose
Get in Touch Today
For professionals looking to make a referral click here.
Guide to getting better fast
No matter where you live in Dundee or Scotland, there is the perfect Treatment Facility that can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
We are here to help. To book into your Dundee drug or alcohol rehab clinic of choice, call 0808 1150 446, we can offer advice on all aspects of accessing the right treatment for your gaming/mental health issues.
The calls are free and there is no-obligation to purchase or commit to anything. The helpline is run by Castle Craig, one of the oldest and best residential care for alcohol or drug misuse in the UK.
The process of getting into rehab
NHS rehab Process: A GP is a good place to start. They can discuss your gaming problems with you and get you into treatment. They may offer you treatment at the practice or refer you to your local drug service. If you're not comfortable talking to a GP, you can approach your local gaming treatment service yourself.
Private rehab Process
Skip The Waiting List. Self-funding: you can self refer. This means literally call or turn up at your addiction hospital of choice with a credit card. See admissions.
Health insurance: choose your rehab and then ask GP to write a referral letter for you to take away. Alternatively, ask the doctor of advice on which hospital or clinic he recommends. More.
Arriving at the treatment centre
This will differ at different facilities but it is much the same everywhere
- You will be assessed so that your treatment needs and medical requirements are understood and a treatment plan is created
- You may need to detox
- You may be assigned a consultant psychiatrist near West Ferry. They are in overall charge of your care and medication plan. They may make suggestions based on your diagnosis for additional medication or individual therapy on top of group work
- You may then assigned to a group of other alcoholics/addicts etc.
- You are then possibly assigned a therapist or support worker/nurse locally in Dundee
- You may be given 12 step recovery literature
- You are probably shown your room which you may have to share
- You might then meet the rest of the addicts
Everyone is very friendly. The staff in Dundee have seen it all before so you are just another addict trying to recover. As patients, you are all in the same boat as everyone feels as raw and vulnerable as each other so making friends is normally easy.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
How long does rehab take?
Patients are usually admitted into treatment at a private clinic or hospital from four weeks to 6 months, depending on the severity of the addiction. The best results are achieved when people stay in treatment for at least 12 weeks. Detox can take place before admission or on arrival alongside other therapies. More.
A 'normal' day in rehab
Days will differ from rehab to rehab and alcohol or drugs/addiction to addiction. However, most rehabs in Dundee will follow a similar pattern.
A significant focus during treatment is on achieving clarity about the issues, people and surroundings in your life that have fuelled the desire to abuse drugs or alcohol/problems with bitcoin, food, sex and shopping.
Sleeping in is not part of the programme. You get up early, get dressed, attend breakfast. Some clinics have morning meditation. Some clinics ask patients to clear away breakfast things on a rota.
- Breakfast is followed by group (often 90 minutes)
- Another Group (60 minutes)
- One to one session or Group ;(60 minutes)
- Group, yoga or Pilates session or lecture ;(60 minutes)
- Possible meeting with your consultant, social worker, help team
- There is often written step or life story work to do
Evening time: Normally patients are bused to a meeting of AA, NA, or relevant 12 step programme.
Diet: Several rehabs have adopted nutritional diets to combat mental health issues. There may be an absence of sugar and caffeine. Smoking is still allowed outside as it is said that patients would not attend otherwise.
Devices: In some clinics phones or laptops use is forbidden or discouraged. Bear in mind that a person with internet or a gaming addiction may find other patient using their devices triggering.
Visitor/family contact: It was common for patients to be advised to limit any or all contact with friends or family during the first week of treatment. Again this differs by provider. NHS rehabs are often further from your home in West Ferry as there are limited local resources which can make visiting difficult.
Can I leave my addiction hospital? Yes, there are not secure facilities.
Can I come back? Not always, the NHS is sometimes stricter, if you drink or use you may be barred from returning either, at all, or within 48 hours.
Effective treatment solutions:
- Art group therapy
- Creative writing therapy
- Drumming therapy
- Equine therapy
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Mindfulness Meditation & Relaxation Therapy
Call 0808 115 0608 today and get the help you need now.
Cost of rehab
Costs can range from £2,000 per week for a basic service to around £10,000 per week for a boutique service. Some clinics charge extras that have to be covered separately and which you may not anticipate in advance. More on Costs.
I can’t afford to go to rehab, what do I do?
The Executive Rehab Guide understand that every circumstance is different.
That’s why our package stays are competitively priced and have been voted the most affordable in recent years.
Ways to pay:
We offer our patients many different ways to pay for their treatment, you can cover the cost of your treatment with:
- Private Medical Insurer (BUPA)
- Pay-as-you go finance plans
- Weekly payments
- Discounts of long-term stays
The Perfect Rehab Location
Finding the best rehab programme for gaming problems is vital to long-term success. But where close or far? Every addiction client is different. However, most consultants often recommend that removing alcoholics away from their local environment where they may have drunk, used or acted out is probably sensible.
It is better that the location is quiet and has an atmosphere that is both calm, peaceful and still 100% recovery-focused. However, that does not mean that city rehabs do not have appeal.
The difficulty with towns and city location is that offer easy access to alcohol and drugs, whereas locations without shops and fewer people make accessing substances that little bit harder. Perhaps this could be the difference between a moment's weakness leading to relapse or sobriety.
Recommended rehabs. One rehab that ticks all of these boxes is Castle Craig based outside Edinburgh. Only a 4-hour train ride or less from Dundee. Over 10,000 patients have passed through our doors since 1988, and the majority have gone on to achieve, long-term abstinent recovery from their addictions. Another is Smarmore Castle in Ireland.
Why computer gaming addiction rehabilitation works
- Leading addiction hospital
- Direct access to treatment counsellors
- Consultation about the problem and feedback provided on recovery
- A Focus on both mental and physical Health
- Offer therapy and detoxification
- Thousands of people from all over the UK and the world have turned to Castle Craig because of their high-quality treatment
- Drug & Alcohol Rehabilitation
- Access to both on and off-site 12-Step support groups
- 47% of alcoholics treated in residential rehabilitation services achieved abstinence after five years vs. 35% of those in community-based services.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Dundee alcoholism resources
drug and alcohol addiction causes vulnerability to psychotic disorders, mental and behavioural problemsOther local areas: The Diamond, Johnstone, Knowes of Elrick, Rhos ddAĽ, Toome, Bohemia, Abertridwr, Lackagh, Stoneley Green, New Duston, Maxwelltown and Whissendine.
FAQs/drug and alcohol rehab
Common Questions on drug and alcohol rehab in Scotland
Please note Castle Craig does not treat sex addiction, however, treatment is available at other recommended UK rehabs.