If you have a problem with food in Edinburgh or rage, there's a wide range of mental health services that can help. You're entitled to seek private health care or NHS care in the same way as anyone else who has a physical health problem in Barnton.
Treatments offered for anger include talking therapy and counselling, anger management programmes local to EH4 and help for abusive and violent behaviour. Anger can often be an effective barrier to getting help for alcoholics/addicts.
Common mental illnesses include anxiety disorders like panic attacks, mood disorders/persistent depression, psychotic disorders like schizophrenia and eating disorders like anorexia nervosa
There are many opportunities to go to rehab if you live in Barnton
We are a free help and assessment guide for selecting the right food addiction rehabilitation that can help you access residential addiction centre for alcohol or drug misuse near Barnton that is tailored to your problems caused by food.
Get confidential help 24/7. Call 0808 1150 446 now. Access the top food addiction rehabilitations with the best doctors. Access professional, caring, supportive guidance and learn about the many financial assistance options.
No matter where you live in Edinburgh, many professional rehabilitation services for drug uses can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Looking for a life changing anger management treatment near Barnton?
You will receive:
- 12 Months free aftercare post rehabilitation services for drug use
- Medical detox with 24/7 care & support
- En-suite Rooms available at your rehabilitation services for drug use
- Effective psychological interventions including cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Look, feel, sleep better & regain confidence
- A Focus on both mental and physical Health
- Full physical and psychological assessments
- Free, no-obligation addiction assessment
- Trauma therapy
- Prescription of medications to help stop substance use
Guide to rehab
Perhaps you are looking for the very best addiction help for you or someone close who may have drug abuse issues. We understand that this is very difficult for you to ask for help and advice for you or your family.
No matter where you live in Edinburgh or Scotland, there is the perfect 12 step addiction centre that can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it. Our trained addiction counsellors are on hand 24 hours a day.
We are here to help. Call 0808 1150 446, we can offer advice on all aspects of accessing the right treatment for your issues and mental health problems caused by drug abuse.
The calls are free and there is no-obligation to purchase or commit to anything. The helpline is run by Castle Craig, one of the oldest and best rehab, counselling or therapy providers in the UK. Complete confidentiality is guaranteed.
The process of getting into rehab
NHS rehab Process: First stop is GP. Ask to be referred for both counselling sessions for your drug abuse/addiction and to a local drug and alcohol team nearest to you in Edinburgh. Although NHS resources are limited, it is still possible to receive funding for treatment.
Private rehab Process
Skip The Waiting List. Self-funding: you can self refer. This means literally call or turn up at your food addiction rehabilitation of choice with a credit card. See admissions.
Health insurance: choose your rehab and then ask GP to write a referral letter for you to take away. Alternatively, ask the doctor of advice on which hospital or clinic he recommends. More.
Arriving at the treatment centre
This will differ at different facilities but it is much the same everywhere
- You will be assessed so that your treatment needs and medical requirements are understood and a treatment plan is created
- You may need to detox
- You may be assigned a consultant psychiatrist near Barnton. They are in overall charge of your care and medication plan. They may make suggestions based on your diagnosis for additional medication or individual therapy on top of group work
- You may then assigned to a group of other addicts etc.
- You are then possibly assigned a therapist or support worker/nurse locally in Edinburgh
- You may be given 12 step recovery literature
- You are probably shown your room which you may have to share
- You might then meet the rest of the alcoholics
Everyone is very friendly. The staff in Edinburgh have seen it all before so you are just another addict trying to recover. As patients, you are all in the same boat as everyone feels as raw and vulnerable as each other so making friends is normally easy.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
How long does rehab take?
The duration of your food addiction rehabilitation stay will depend on the severity of your dependency, your own commitment, family support and willingness to live a life free from dependency, and the amount of time and money you have available to spend. If you have insurance then it will generally be 28-days.
Generally, the longer the rehab programme the less likely you are to relapse. NHS rehab normally accommodates longer inpatient treatments sometimes up to a year. More.
Average UK inpatient times
- Detox: 7-10 days (Methadone/20 days and Benzodiazepines/2-8 weeks).
- Hospital residential treatment, general mental health issues, depression/anxiety etc.: 7-14 days
- Most common Addiction programme/residential treatment: 28-days
- long-term residential treatment: 90 days
- NHS funded treatment, non private: 3months - 1 year
- Long term Outpatient treatment (including treatment for food: 130 days
Call now: 0808 1150 446
A typical day in rehab
Days will differ from rehab to rehab and food/addiction to addiction. However, most rehabs in Edinburgh will follow a similar pattern.
A significant focus during treatment is on achieving clarity about the issues, people and surroundings in your life that have fuelled the desire to abuse drugs or alcohol/problems with gambling, internet and shopping.
Sleeping in is not part of the programme. You get up early, get dressed, attend breakfast. Some clinics have morning meditation. Some clinics ask patients to clear away breakfast things on a rota.
- Breakfast is followed by group (often 90 minutes)
- Another Group (60 minutes)
- One to one session or Group (60 minutes)
- Group, yoga or Pilates session or lecture; (60 minutes)
- Possible meeting with your consultant, social worker, help team
- There is often written step or life story work to do
Evening time: Normally patients are bused to a meeting of AA, NA or relevant 12 step programmes.
Diet: A number of rehabs have adopted nutritional diets to combat mental health issues. There may be an absence of sugar and caffeine. Smoking is still allowed outside as it is said that patients would not attend otherwise.
Devices: In some clinics phones or laptops use is forbidden or discouraged. Bear in mind that a person with internet or a gaming addiction may find other patient using their devices triggering.
Visitor/family contact: It was common for patients to be advised to limit any or all contact with friends or family during the first week of treatment. Again this differs by provider. NHS rehabs are often further from your home in Barnton as there are limited local resources which can make visiting difficult.
Can I leave: Yes, these are not secure facilities or locked wards.
Can I come back? Not always, the NHS is sometimes stricter, if you drink or use you may be barred from returning either, at all or within 48 hours.
Cost of rehab
Costs can range from £2,000 per week for a basic service to around £10,000 per week for a boutique service. Some clinics charge extras that have to be covered separately and which you may not anticipate in advance. More on Costs.
I can’t afford to go to rehab, what do I do?
The Executive Rehab Guide understand that every circumstance is different.
That’s why our package stays are competitively priced and have been voted the most affordable in recent years.
Ways to pay:
We offer our patients many different ways to pay for their treatment, you can cover the cost of your treatment with:
- Private Medical Insurer (BUPA)
- Pay-as-you go finance plans
- Weekly payments
- Discounts of long-term stays
Ideal location for treatment
Finding the best rehab programme for drug abuse difficulties is vital to long-term success. But where, close or far?
Every patient is different. However, most therapists often recommend that removing addicts away from their local environment where they may have drunk, used or acted out is probably sensible.
It is better that the location is quiet and has an atmosphere that is both calm, peaceful and still 100% recovery-focused. However, that does not mean that city rehabs do not have appeal.
The difficulty with towns and city location is that offer easy access to alcohol and drugs, whereas locations without shops and fewer people make accessing substances that little bit harder. Perhaps this could be the difference between a moment's weakness leading to relapse or sobriety.
Recommended rehabs. One rehab that ticks all of these boxes is Castle Craig based outside Edinburgh. Only a 4-hour train ride or less from Edinburgh. Over 10,000 patients have passed through our doors since 1988, and the majority have gone on to achieve, long-term abstinent recovery from their addictions. Another is Smarmore Castle in Ireland.
Why Castle Craig?
- Recommended food addiction rehabilitation
- Consultation about the problem and feedback provided on recovery
- One-to-one therapy
- Castle Craig offer a Safe and Supportive Environment
- a fast and effective drug addiction rehabilitation
- 73.4% of those who attended treatment at Castle Craig were totally abstinent from all drugs or alcohol at follow-up (after about 1 year). More.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Executive Rehab provides people suffering from substance addictions and co-occurring issues such as depression and anxiety professional guidance on solutions to their problems.
Residential treatment aims to support you through the initial stages of detox, and equip you with the tools you need for long term abstinence. More.
For detailed information visit the Castle Craig website.
Aftercare can involve:
- Continuing counselling or group therapy
- Regular check-in meetings with a programme
- Avoid triggers that previously resulted in your substance use; whether that is certain people, situations or stress from over-working
- Referring regularly to the 12 Step Programme
- Getting enough sleep
- Regular exercise
- Maintaining a nutritious diet
Local addiction resources
Substance use can have an impact on health for the user, their social network, their community, society, and the economy.Other local areas: Besthorpe, Seion, Cowes, Desertmartin, Staylittle, Castell y bwch, East Moors, Torthorwald, Rathfriland, Pershall, Eye Green and Brick Houses.
FAQs/anger management treatment
Please note Castle Craig does not treat sex addiction, however, treatment is available at other recommended UK rehabs.