With the right help and support, you can get drug and alcohol-free for good.
our Rehab Guide is dedicated to delivering tailored drug addiction treatment, therapy & support in locally-based residential mental health care clinics. We can connect you with to range of addiction services depending on what you need, from detox to rehab.
There are many opportunities to go to rehab if you live in Bruntsfield
We are a free help and assessment guide for selecting the right residential mental health care clinic that can help you in receiving treatment for schizophrenia/addiction that is tailored to your drug and alcohol difficulties.
At executive-rehab-guide.co.uk, we are familiar with more prevalent addictions, including drug and alcohol addiction, as well as other behavioural addictions such as shopping, sex or love can have a profoundly negative impact on a person's life.
Our goal is to help people achieve an alcohol and drug-free lifestyle.
Get confidential help 24/7. Call 0808 1150 446 now. Access the top residential mental health care clinics with the best counsellors. Access professional, caring, supportive guidance and learn about the many financial assistance options.
No matter where you live in Edinburgh, many bespoke long-term Residential rehabs can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Find information here on a dedicated inpatient mental health care close to Bruntsfield?
You will receive:
- CQC Registered schizophrenia treatment
- You improve more than just your mental health
- Aftercare services are provided after patients are discharged. UK Studies indicate that the support provided via an aftercare service reduces the likelihood of alcoholics suffering a relapse by over 300%.
- Very high success rates and spaces available right now
- Tailored recovery plans
- Access to hundreds of drug & alcohol rehab centres
- Private drug and alcohol rehab centre
- Prescribed medical detoxification
- Drug & Alcohol Rehabilitation
- Individualised or tailored treatment that best matches the needs of a alcoholics/addicts can be provided in a drug or alcohol rehabilitation centre. This ensures the addicts's recovery is more comprehensive, as no aspect of their addiction is left untreated.
Guide to UK rehab
Perhaps you are looking for tried and tested addiction help for you or an ill friend who may have problems with schizophrenia. We understand this is a very difficult time.
No matter where you live in Edinburgh or Scotland, there is the perfect residential rehab that can help you recover from your addiction. We'll help you find it. Our trained addiction doctors are on hand 24 hours a day.
We are here to help. To book into your Edinburgh drug or alcohol rehab clinic of choice, call 0808 1150 446, we can offer advice on all aspects of accessing the right treatment for your schizophrenia problems.
The calls are free and there is no-obligation to purchase or commit to anything. The helpline is run by Castle Craig, one of the oldest and best 12-step facilitates in the UK.
The process of getting into rehab
NHS rehab Process: First stop is GP. Ask to be referred for both counselling sessions for your schizophrenia/addiction and to a local drug and alcohol team nearest to you in Edinburgh. Although NHS resources are limited, it is still possible to receive funding for treatment.
Private rehab Process
Skip The Waiting List. Self-funding: you can self refer. This means literally call or turn up at your residential mental health care clinic of choice with a credit card. See admissions.
Health insurance: choose your rehab and then ask GP to write a referral letter for you to take away. Alternatively, ask the doctor of advice on which hospital or clinic he recommends. More.
Arriving at the treatment centre
This will differ at different facilities but it is much the same everywhere
- You will be assessed so that your treatment needs and medical requirements are understood and a treatment plan is created
- You may need to detox
- You may be assigned a consultant psychiatrist near Bruntsfield. They are in overall charge of your care and medication plan. They may make suggestions based on your diagnosis for additional medication or individual therapy on top of group work
- You may then assigned to a group of other clients etc.
- You are then possibly assigned a therapist or support worker/nurse locally in Edinburgh
- You may be given 12 step recovery literature
- You are probably shown your room which you may have to share
- You might then meet the rest of the patients
Everyone is very friendly. The staff in Edinburgh have seen it all before so you are just another addict trying to recover. As patients, you are all in the same boat as everyone feels as raw and vulnerable as each other so making friends is normally easy.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
A typical day in rehab
Days will differ from rehab to rehab and drug and alcohol/addiction to addiction. However, most rehabs in Edinburgh will follow a similar pattern.
A significant focus during treatment is on achieving clarity about the issues, people and surroundings in your life that have fuelled the desire to abuse drugs or alcohol/problems with internet, love bitcoin, food and shopping.
Sleeping in is not part of the programme. You get up early, get dressed, attend breakfast. Some clinics have morning meditation. Some clinics ask patients to clear away breakfast things on a rota.
- Breakfast is followed by group (often 90 minutes)
- Another Group (60 minutes)
- One to one session or Group (60 minutes)
- Group, yoga or Pilates session or lecture; (60 minutes)
- Possible meeting with your consultant, social worker, help team
- There is often written step or life story work to do
Evening time: Normally patients are bused to a meeting of AA, NA or relevant 12 step programmes.
Diet: A number of rehabs have adopted nutritional diets to combat mental health issues. There may be an absence of sugar and caffeine. Smoking is still allowed outside as it is said that clients would not attend otherwise.
Devices: In some clinics phones or laptops use is forbidden or discouraged. Bear in mind that a person with internet or a gaming addiction may find other patient using their devices triggering.
Visitor/family contact: It was common for patients to be advised to limit any or all contact with friends or family during the first week of treatment. Again this differs by provider. NHS rehabs are often further from your home in Bruntsfield as there are limited local resources which can make visiting difficult.
Can I leave: Yes, these are not secure facilities or locked wards.
Can I come back? Not always, the NHS is sometimes stricter, if you drink or use you may be barred from returning either, at all or within 48 hours.
Cost of rehab
Costs can range from £2,000 per week for a basic service to around £10,000 per week for a boutique service. Some clinics charge extras that have to be covered separately and which you may not anticipate in advance. More on Costs.
I can’t afford to go to rehab, what do I do?
The Executive Rehab Guide understand that every circumstance is different.
That’s why our package stays are competitively priced and have been voted the most affordable in recent years.
Ways to pay:
We offer our patients many different ways to pay for their treatment, you can cover the cost of your treatment with:
- Private Medical Insurer (BUPA)
- Pay-as-you go finance plans
- Weekly payments
- Discounts of long-term stays
inpatient (residential) treatment programme in Scotland" />
The best location for treatment
Finding the best rehab programme for problems caused by schizophrenia is vital to long-term success. But where, close or far?
Every alcoholic is different. However, most qualified psychiatrists often recommend that removing addicts away from their local environment where they may have drunk, used or acted out is probably recommended.
It is better that the location is quiet and has an atmosphere that is both calm, peaceful and still 100% recovery-focused. However, that does not mean that city rehabs do not have appeal.
The difficulty with towns and city location is that offer easy access to alcohol and drugs, whereas locations without shops and fewer people make accessing substances that little bit harder. Perhaps this could be the difference between a moment's weakness leading to relapse or sobriety.
Recommended rehabs. One rehab that ticks all of these boxes is Castle Craig based outside Edinburgh. Only a 4-hour train ride or less from Edinburgh. Over 10,000 patients have passed through our doors since 1988, and the majority have gone on to achieve, long-term abstinent recovery from their addictions. Another is Smarmore Castle in Ireland.
Why Castle Craig?
- Recommended residential mental health care clinic
- Detox medication & treatments
- Castle Craig's team is made up of qualified psychiatrists, psychologists, addiction therapists and other mental health professionals
- Established in 1988
- Free, no-obligation addiction assessment
- 73.4% of those who attended treatment at Castle Craig were totally abstinent from all drugs or alcohol at follow-up (after about 1 year). More.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Many of the people we have helped have started their journey with us feeling hopeless, anxious, and severely depressed. We are here to help.
If you feel like you have lost your sense of control, and alcohol and drugs are having a detrimental impact on your life, it can be difficult to know where to begin when it comes to getting help.
If you have decided to attend a rehab centre, you are no longer in denial, and you have completed half of the battle.
Executive Rehab provides people suffering from substance addictions and co-occurring issues such as depression and anxiety professional guidance on solutions to their problems.
Residential treatment aims to support you through the initial stages of detox, and equip you with the tools you need for long term abstinence. More.For detailed information visit the Castle Craig website.
Local addiction resources
Alcoholics Anonymous Edinburgh & Midlothian | Official AA Website for Edinburgh & Midlothian
Edinburgh AA currently holds 79 meetings per week, click here for meetings.
Serenity Addiction Centres
Hudson House, 8 Albany Street, Edinburgh EH1 3QB, UK
Edinburgh Alcohol and Drugs Partnership
Supporting Drug and Alcohol recovery in Edinburgh
Priory Hospital Glasgow
38-40 Mansionhouse Rd, Shawlands, Glasgow G41 3DW
The first and foremost step in encouraging an alcoholic to get treatment is to stop all pretence.Other local areas: Sutton Gault, Oatlands, Articlave, Farnhill, Ryhall, Stoke Goldington, Tobermore, Slades Green, Katesbridge, The Trench, Bellshill and Brickfields.
What happens if I ignore the problem?
It is true that that addiction affects ever aspect of you being.
Please note Castle Craig does not treat sex addiction, however, treatment is available at other recommended UK rehabs.