28 days in alcohol treatment rehab is a very common solution for alcoholics self-funding or paying for treatment for alcoholism via health insurance.
A number of insurers also offer an additional 14 days should this be required. Please check your policy. Four weeks can offer a firm foundation for getting better and connect addicts to consultants and therapist for ongoing aftercare and it can provide a good introduction to recovery. clients are introduced to AA or NA and gain a firm understanding of what and how to change. alcoholism can be managed successfully, but not cured. Left alone without treatment the addict's illness/alcohol problems progresses and ultimately can lead to deal or insanity.
We Have Found a recommended long-term Residential rehabs near Edinburgh
We are a free help and assessment guide for selecting the right alcohol treatment rehab that can help you in receiving treatment for drug abuse/addiction that is tailored to your alcohol/mental health difficulties.
Get confidential help 24/7. Call 0808 1150 446 now. Access the top alcohol treatment rehabs with the best doctors. Access professional, caring, supportive guidance and learn about the many financial assistance options.
No matter where you live in Edinburgh, many exclusive rehabs can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Searching for a specialist 30 day alcohol rehab near Dalmeny?
You will receive:
- Immediate admission
- EDMR and PTSD treatments
- Immediate admission to the drug and alcohol rehabilitation you choose
- 24-hour care at drug and alcohol rehabilitation
- 24/7 recovery staffing
- Your assessment will be*completely confidential*
- addiction treatment centres provide round-the-clock care to alcoholics/addicts. This ensures your condition is being constantly monitored and the care you need is provided, as soon as required.
- Your drug and alcohol rehabilitation is open 24 hours
- Immediate admission to a safe and nurturing environment
- Detox medication & treatments
Guide to UK rehab
Perhaps you are looking for the most effective addiction help for you or an employee who may have issues from drug abuse. We understand that making a decision on any drug or alcohol rehabilitation centre is a very fraught and difficult decision..
No matter where you live in Edinburgh or Scotland, there is the perfect alcohol rehab centre that can help you recover from your addiction. We'll help you find it. Our trained addiction counsellors are on hand 24 hours a day.
We are here to help. To book into your Edinburgh drug or alcohol rehab clinic of choice, call 0808 1150 446, we can offer advice on all aspects of accessing the right treatment for your drug abuse/mental health issues.
The calls are free and there is no-obligation to purchase or commit to anything. The helpline is run by Castle Craig, one of the oldest and best 12-step facilitates in the UK.
Starting the rehab process
NHS rehab Process: Successfully dealing with addiction often requires outside help. Start by talking to your GP and asking to be referred. There's a wide range of NHS services that can help near Dalmeny and Didcot
Private rehab Process
Self-funding: you can self refer. This means you can literally call and book, or simply turn up with a credit card to your alcohol treatment rehab of choice. See admissions.
Health insurance: choose your rehab and then ask GP to write a referral letter for you to take away. Alternatively, ask the doctor of advice on which hospital or clinic he recommends. More.
Arriving at the treatment centre
This will differ at different facilities but it is much the same everywhere
- You will be assessed so that your treatment needs and medical requirements are understood and a treatment plan is created
- You may need to detox
- You may be assigned a consultant psychiatrist near Dalmeny. They are in overall charge of your care and medication plan. They may make suggestions based on your diagnosis for additional medication or individual therapy on top of group work
- You may then assigned to a group of other patients etc.
- You are then possibly assigned a therapist or support worker/nurse locally in Edinburgh
- You may be given 12 step recovery literature
- You are probably shown your room which you may have to share
- You might then meet the rest of the patients
Everyone is very friendly. The staff in Edinburgh have seen it all before so you are just another addict trying to recover. As patients, you are all in the same boat as everyone feels as raw and vulnerable as each other so making friends is normally easy.
Components of a rehab programme
Call now: 0808 1150 446
How long does rehab take?
The duration of your alcohol treatment rehab stay will depend on the severity of your dependency, your own commitment, family support and willingness to live a life free from dependency, and the amount of time and money you have available to spend. If you have insurance then it will generally be 28-days.
Generally, the longer the rehab programme the less likely you are to relapse. NHS rehab normally accommodates longer inpatient treatments sometimes up to a year. More.
Average UK inpatient times
- Detox: 7-10 days (Methadone/20 days and Benzodiazepines/2-8 weeks).
- Hospital residential treatment, general mental health issues, depression/anxiety etc.: 7-14 days
- Most common Addiction programme/residential treatment: 28-days
- long-term residential treatment: 90 days
- NHS funded treatment, non private: 3months - 1 year
- Long term Outpatient treatment (including treatment for alcohol: 130 days
Call now: 0808 1150 446
A typical day in rehab
Days will differ from rehab to rehab and alcohol/addiction to addiction. However, most rehabs in Edinburgh will follow a similar pattern.
A significant focus during treatment is on achieving clarity about the issues, people and surroundings in your life that have fuelled the desire to abuse drugs or alcohol/problems with gambling, internet, and sex.
Sleeping in is not part of the programme. You get up early, get dressed, attend breakfast. Some clinics have morning meditation. Some clinics ask patients to clear away breakfast things on a rota.
- Breakfast is followed by group (often 90 minutes)
- Another Group (60 minutes)
- One to one session or Group (60 minutes)
- Group, yoga or Pilates session or lecture; (60 minutes)
- Possible meeting with your consultant, social worker, help team
- There is often written step or life story work to do
Evening time: Normally patients are bused to a meeting of AA, NA or relevant 12 step programmes.
Diet: A number of rehabs have adopted nutritional diets to combat mental health issues. There may be an absence of sugar and caffeine. Smoking is still allowed outside as it is said that addicts would not attend otherwise.
Devices: In some clinics phones or laptops use is forbidden or discouraged. Bear in mind that a person with internet or a gaming addiction may find other patient using their devices triggering.
Visitor/family contact: It was common for patients to be advised to limit any or all contact with friends or family during the first week of treatment. Again this differs by provider. NHS rehabs are often further from your home in Dalmeny as there are limited local resources which can make visiting difficult.
Can I leave: Yes, these are not secure facilities or locked wards.
Can I come back? Not always, the NHS is sometimes stricter, if you drink or use you may be barred from returning either, at all or within 48 hours.
Cost of rehab
Costs can range from £2,000 per week for a basic service to around £10,000 per week for a boutique service. Some clinics charge extras that have to be covered separately and which you may not anticipate in advance. More on Costs.
I can’t afford to go to rehab, what do I do?
The Executive Rehab Guide understand that every circumstance is different.
That’s why our package stays are competitively priced and have been voted the most affordable in recent years.
Ways to pay:
We offer our patients many different ways to pay for their treatment, you can cover the cost of your treatment with:
- Private Medical Insurer (BUPA)
- Pay-as-you go finance plans
- Weekly payments
- Discounts of long-term stays
The best Rehab Location
Finding the best rehab programme for drug abuse problems is vital to long-term success. But where close or far? Every patient is different. However, most therapists often recommend that removing addicts away from their local environment where they may have drunk, used or acted out is probably recommended.
It is better that the location is quiet and has an atmosphere that is both calm, peaceful and still 100% recovery-focused. However, that does not mean that city rehabs do not have appeal.
The difficulty with towns and city location is that offer easy access to alcohol and drugs, whereas locations without shops and fewer people make accessing substances that little bit harder. Perhaps this could be the difference between a moment's weakness leading to relapse or sobriety.
Recommended rehabs. One rehab that ticks all of these boxes is Castle Craig based outside Edinburgh. Only a 4-hour train ride or less from Edinburgh. Over 10,000 patients have passed through our doors since 1988, and the majority have gone on to achieve, long-term abstinent recovery from their addictions. Another is Smarmore Castle in Ireland.
Why Castle Craig so popular?
- Leading alcohol treatment rehab
- Established in 1988 Castle Craig is one of the UK's most established and respected addiction rehabilitation clinics.
- treatment plan should be tailored to fulfil the requirements of the addicts
- Family support
- Individual 1:1 therapy and structured group therapy programmes
- One of the largest rehabs in the UK
- Dual diagnosis care
- Medical detox with 24/7 care & support
- 81.6% were classed as a good outcome by the independent reviewers after attending Castle Craig's residential rehab . More.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Edinburgh drug and alcohol addiction resources
Alcoholics Anonymous Edinburgh & Midlothian | Official AA Website for Edinburgh & Midlothian
Edinburgh AA currently holds 79 meetings per week, click here for meetings.
Serenity Addiction Centres
Hudson House, 8 Albany Street, Edinburgh EH1 3QB, UK
Edinburgh Alcohol and Drugs Partnership
Supporting Drug and Alcohol recovery in Edinburgh
Priory Hospital Glasgow
38-40 Mansionhouse Rd, Shawlands, Glasgow G41 3DW
The first and foremost step in encouraging an alcoholic to get treatment is to stop all pretence.Other local areas: Dunkenny, Torr, Lennoxtown, Park Gate, Chapeltown, Maghera, Cross Street, Oakbank, Tanyfron, Chadkirk, Ballyclare and Morley.
FAQs/30 day alcohol rehab
Please note Castle Craig does not treat sex addiction, however, treatment is available at other recommended UK rehabs.