With the right help and support, you can get drug and alcohol-free for good.
the Executive Rehab Guide is dedicated to delivering tailored drug addiction treatment, therapy & support in locally-based inpatient alcohol and drug rehabilitation centres. We can connect you with to range of addiction services depending on what you need, from detox to 12 step addiction centre.
We Have Found a high end rehabs
Welcome: With a range of alcohol detox centres that cater for Edinburgh, executive-rehab-guide.co.uk will give you information on free counselling and support you need every stage of your recovery journey from problems with drug and alcohol.
Get confidential help 24/7. Call 0808 1150 446 now. Access the top inpatient alcohol and drug rehabilitation centres with the best doctors. Access professional, caring, supportive guidance and learn about the many financial assistance options.
No matter where you live in Edinburgh, many professional rehab, counselling and addiction therapy centres can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Find information here on a tailored inpatient alcohol and drug rehabilitation centre local to Barnton?
You will receive:
- You won't have to feel alone anymore
- Set Goals and Build New Habits
- 7 - 10 day medically assisted withdrawal detoxification for drug and alcohol addictions, if this is required
- Consultation about the problem and feedback provided on recovery
- Full clinical assessment when arriving at your inpatient alcohol and drug rehabilitation centre
- Free advice including pHs & private options
- Bespoke day case options
- Psychiatric assessments
- Direct access to treatment counsellors
- Individualised or tailored treatment that best matches the needs of a addicts can be provided in a residential treatment centre. This ensures the alcoholics's recovery is more comprehensive, as no aspect of their addiction is left untreated.
Contact us now
Guide to UK rehab
Wherever you live in Edinburgh or Scotland, there is the perfect rehab that can help you recover from your addiction. We'll help you find it.
The process of getting into rehab
NHS rehab Process: Your GP in Abbeyhill is a good place to start. They can discuss your drug and alcohol problems with you and help get you the right inpatient alcohol and drug rehabilitation centre in Edinburgh.
Private rehab Process
Skip The Waiting List. Self-funding: you can self refer. This means literally call or turn up at your inpatient alcohol and drug rehabilitation centre of choice with a credit card. See admissions.
Health insurance: choose your rehab and then ask GP to write a referral letter for you to take away. Alternatively, ask the doctor of advice on which hospital or clinic he recommends. More.
Arriving at the treatment centre
This will differ at different facilities but it is much the same everywhere
- You will be assessed so that your treatment needs and medical requirements are understood and a treatment plan is created
- You may need to detox
- You may be assigned a consultant psychiatrist near City of Edinburgh. They are in overall charge of your care and medication plan. They may make suggestions based on your diagnosis for additional medication or individual therapy on top of group work
- You may then assigned to a group of other patients etc.
- You are then possibly assigned a therapist or support worker/nurse locally in Edinburgh
- You may be given 12 step recovery literature
- You are probably shown your room which you may have to share
- You might then meet the rest of the alcoholics/addicts
Everyone is very friendly. The staff in Edinburgh have seen it all before so you are just another addict trying to recover. As patients, you are all in the same boat as everyone feels as raw and vulnerable as each other so making friends is normally easy.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Does rehab work in Edinburgh?
Yes it does. There is a strong evidence base to support the treatment methods used at Castle Craig, as well as in support of residential rehabilitation treatment for drug and alcohol/addictions.
What Are The Success Rates? "99% of addicts from the Castle Craig addiction treatment programme stated that when they arrived on site, numerous staff made them feel welcome for treating drug and alcohol issues"
What's it like? Click here for more information.
Two reasons why rehabs work so well
Tailored Treatment: Private clinics in Edinburgh tend to use a bespoke treatment model rather than a one-size-fits-all approach. Many clients have co-occurring issues like body dysmorphic disorders or shopping and spending behavioural problems. Addiction is often seen as a response to inner turmoil.
The ability to custom tailor a treatment plan enables clinic staff to achieve maximum benefits from every therapy chosen. Remember time is limited to 28-days if you have health insurance.
Tailored Treatment: Private clinics in Edinburgh tend to use a bespoke treatment model rather than a one-size-fits-all approach. Many addicts have co-occurring issues like personality disorders or sleep disorders. Addiction is often seen as a response to inner turmoil.
"I have made many friends and hope to continue the road of recovery after I leave here.. I'm humbled and grateful." Holland December 2020 London
Why rehab might not work:
- Under-qualified addiction treatment staff
- Rehab is too close to home in Abbeyhill
- See addiction myths
Want an Addiction Recovery Program that works? See Getting into the right long-term Residential rehab.
How long does rehab take?
Patients are usually admitted into treatment at a private clinic or hospital from four weeks to 6 months, depending on the severity of the addiction. The best results are achieved when people stay in treatment for at least 12 weeks. Detox can take place before admission or on arrival alongside other therapies. More.
A typical day in rehab
Days will differ from rehab to rehab and drug and alcohol/addiction to addiction. However, most rehabs in Edinburgh will follow a similar pattern.
A significant focus during treatment is on achieving clarity about the issues, people and surroundings in your life that have fuelled the desire to abuse drugs or alcohol/problems with gambling, internet, and sex.
Sleeping in is not part of the programme. You get up early, get dressed, attend breakfast. Some clinics have morning meditation. Some clinics ask patients to clear away breakfast things on a rota.
- Breakfast is followed by group (often 90 minutes)
- Another Group (60 minutes)
- One to one session or Group (60 minutes)
- Group, yoga or Pilates session or lecture; (60 minutes)
- Possible meeting with your consultant, social worker, help team
- There is often written step or life story work to do
Evening time: Normally patients are bused to a meeting of AA, NA or relevant 12 step programmes.
Diet: A number of rehabs have adopted nutritional diets to combat mental health issues. There may be an absence of sugar and caffeine. Smoking is still allowed outside as it is said that clients would not attend otherwise.
Devices: In some clinics phones or laptops use is forbidden or discouraged. Bear in mind that a person with internet or a gaming addiction may find other patient using their devices triggering.
Visitor/family contact: It was common for patients to be advised to limit any or all contact with friends or family during the first week of treatment. Again this differs by provider. NHS rehabs are often further from your home in City of Edinburgh as there are limited local resources which can make visiting difficult.
Can I leave: Yes, these are not secure facilities or locked wards.
Can I come back? Not always, the NHS is sometimes stricter, if you drink or use you may be barred from returning either, at all or within 48 hours.
Cost of rehab
Costs can range from £2,000 per week for a basic service to around £10,000 per week for a boutique service. Some clinics charge extras that have to be covered separately and which you may not anticipate in advance. More on Costs.
I can’t afford to go to rehab, what do I do?
The Executive Rehab Guide understand that every circumstance is different.
That’s why our package stays are competitively priced and have been voted the most affordable in recent years.
Ways to pay:
We offer our patients many different ways to pay for their treatment, you can cover the cost of your treatment with:
- Private Medical Insurer (BUPA)
- Pay-as-you go finance plans
- Weekly payments
- Discounts of long-term stays
The Perfect Rehab Location
Finding the best rehab programme for drug and alcohol difficulties is vital to long-term success. But where close or far? Every patient is different. However, most qualified psychiatrists often recommend that removing patients away from their local environment where they may have drunk, used or acted out is probably recommended.
It is better that the location is quiet and has an atmosphere that is both calm, peaceful and still 100% recovery-focused. However, that does not mean that city rehabs do not have appeal.
The difficulty with towns and city location is that offer easy access to alcohol and drugs, whereas locations without shops and fewer people make accessing substances that little bit harder. Perhaps this could be the difference between a moment's weakness leading to relapse or sobriety.
Recommended rehabs. One rehab that ticks all of these boxes is Castle Craig based outside Edinburgh. Only a 4-hour train ride or less from Edinburgh. Over 10,000 patients have passed through our doors since 1988, and the majority have gone on to achieve, long-term abstinent recovery from their addictions. Another is Smarmore Castle in Ireland.
One reason why rehab works
- Leading inpatient alcohol and drug rehabilitation centre
- En-suite Rooms
- Offer therapy and detoxification
- Access to hundreds of drug & alcohol rehab centres
- One-to-one therapy
- 24/7 Medical Support
- Motivational Interviewing
- 12 Step recovery model
- One most recent independent research (2019) shows 73% of alcoholics achieving long-term abstinence with 93% showing overall improvements.'
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Executive Rehab provides people suffering from substance addictions and co-occurring issues such as depression and anxiety professional guidance on solutions to their problems.
Residential treatment aims to support you through the initial stages of detox, and equip you with the tools you need for long term abstinence. More.
For detailed information visit the Castle Craig website.
Aftercare can involve:
- Continuing counselling or group therapy
- Regular check-in meetings with a programme
- Avoid triggers that previously resulted in your substance use; whether that is certain people, situations or stress from over-working
- Referring regularly to the 12 Step Programme
- Getting enough sleep
- Regular exercise
- Maintaining a nutritious diet
Local addiction resources
Smarmore Castle Private Clinic
Smarmore near Ardee County Louth Ireland A92 YY22
Mental health and addiction – The City of Edinburgh Council
EADP Strategy and Planning
Edinburgh Alcohol and Drug Partnership (EADP) oversees the development and implementation of an alcohol and drug strategy for the city. More.
The impact of substance use may be reduced with early intervention. Alcohol and other drug use is the principle contributor to poor quality of life and low moodOther local areas: Rigsby, Denmead, Drope, Town Green, Keresforth Hill, Rich Hill, Sefton, Rahony, Kilmarnock, Aithsetter, Gelli gaer and Glenariff.
Ignoring Problems Can Lead to Serious Consequences
It is true that that at Castle Craig the success rates of 62% or better were found among patients who successfully completing rehab.
Don't waste another day. Call now: 0808 1150 446
Please note Castle Craig does not treat sex addiction, however, treatment is available at other recommended UK rehabs.