Alcoholism affects people of any race, sex, and class in Scotland. If you have a problem with alcohol, either binge drinking or excessive drinking there's a wide range of mental health services that can help.
Treatments offered for alcoholism may start with an intervention, discussion on 'moderation vs abstinence' and possibly the opinions of inpatient (28-day rehab) or outpatient treatment (therapy), a detox may be required. A good rehab with talking therapy, counselling and expertise in addiction is also recommended. Keeping the alcoholic apart from alcohol and all the triggers associated with acting out can mean hospitalisation or weekend alcohol rehab is the best solution. Not admitting to a drinking problem (denial) can often be an effective barrier to getting help for addicts.
Other mental illnesses include anxiety disorders like panic attacks, mood disorders/Seasonal depression (SAD) or postnatal depression, psychotic disorders like suffering from delusions and eating disorders.
We have found 12 Short-term residential rehabs near Meadowbank
We are a free help and assessment guide for selecting the right weekend alcohol rehab that can help you with an addiction or a mental health issue that is tailored to your problems with alcohol.
Here at the Executive Rehab Guide, we recognise that more prevalent addictions, including drug addiction, as well as other behavioural addictions such as bitcoin, food, sex and shopping can have an adverse impact on all areas of your life.
Find Out More about alcohol
Get confidential help 24/7. Call 0808 1150 446 now. Access the top weekend alcohol rehabs with the best qualified psychiatrists. Access professional, caring, supportive guidance and learn about the many financial assistance options.
No matter where you live in Edinburgh, many successful substance treatment hospitals can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Looking for a successful weekend alcohol rehab near Oxgangs?
You will receive:
- Established in 1988
- Look, feel, sleep better & regain confidence
- Individualised or tailored treatment that best matches the needs of a alcoholics can be provided in a inpatient rehab centre. This ensures the clients's recovery is more comprehensive, as no aspect of their addiction is left untreated.
- You improve more than just your mental health
- Residential and medically supported withdrawal (detox)
- One of the largest rehabs in the UK
- Your assessment will be*completely confidential*
- Prescribed medical detoxification
- Access to both on and off-site 12-Step support groups
- You get guilt-free self-care at the weekend alcohol rehab you choose
Guide to getting help
No matter where you live in Edinburgh or Scotland, there is the perfect rehab, counselling and addiction therapy centre that can help you beat your addiction. We'll help you find it.
We are here to help. Call 0808 1150 446, we can offer advice on all aspects of accessing the right treatment for your alcohol issues.
The calls are free and there is no-obligation to purchase or commit to anything. The helpline is run by Castle Craig, one of the oldest and best substance treatment hospitals in the UK. Complete confidentiality is guaranteed.
The process of getting into rehab
NHS rehab Process: A GP is a good place to start. They can discuss your alcohol problems with you and get you into treatment. They may offer you treatment at the practice or refer you to your local drug service. If you're not comfortable talking to a GP, you can approach your local alcohol treatment service yourself.
Private rehab Process
Skip The Waiting List. Self-funding: you can self refer. This means literally call or turn up at your weekend alcohol rehab of choice with a credit card. See admissions.
Health insurance: choose your rehab and then ask GP to write a referral letter for you to take away. Alternatively, ask the doctor of advice on which hospital or clinic he recommends. More.
Arriving at the treatment centre
This will differ at different facilities but it is much the same everywhere
- You will be assessed so that your treatment needs and medical requirements are understood and a treatment plan is created
- You may need to detox
- You may be assigned a consultant psychiatrist near Meadowbank. They are in overall charge of your care and medication plan. They may make suggestions based on your diagnosis for additional medication or individual therapy on top of group work
- You may then assigned to a group of other patients etc.
- You are then possibly assigned a therapist or support worker/nurse locally in Edinburgh
- You may be given 12 step recovery literature
- You are probably shown your room which you may have to share
- You might then meet the rest of the alcoholics/addicts
Everyone is very friendly. The staff in Edinburgh have seen it all before so you are just another addict trying to recover. As patients, you are all in the same boat as everyone feels as raw and vulnerable as each other so making friends is normally easy.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
A typical day in rehab
Days will differ from rehab to rehab and alcohol/addiction to addiction. However, most rehabs in Edinburgh will follow a similar pattern.
A significant focus during treatment is on achieving clarity about the issues, people and surroundings in your life that have fuelled the desire to abuse drugs or alcohol/problems with gambling, internet and shopping.
Sleeping in is not part of the programme. You get up early, get dressed, attend breakfast. Some clinics have morning meditation. Some clinics ask patients to clear away breakfast things on a rota.
- Breakfast is followed by group (often 90 minutes)
- Another Group (60 minutes)
- One to one session or Group (60 minutes)
- Group, yoga or Pilates session or lecture; (60 minutes)
- Possible meeting with your consultant, social worker, help team
- There is often written step or life story work to do
Evening time: Normally patients are bused to a meeting of AA, NA or relevant 12 step programmes.
Diet: A number of rehabs have adopted nutritional diets to combat mental health issues. There may be an absence of sugar and caffeine. Smoking is still allowed outside as it is said that patients would not attend otherwise.
Devices: In some clinics phones or laptops use is forbidden or discouraged. Bear in mind that a person with internet or a gaming addiction may find other patient using their devices triggering.
Visitor/family contact: It was common for patients to be advised to limit any or all contact with friends or family during the first week of treatment. Again this differs by provider. NHS rehabs are often further from your home in Meadowbank as there are limited local resources which can make visiting difficult.
Can I leave: Yes, these are not secure facilities or locked wards.
Can I come back? Not always, the NHS is sometimes stricter, if you drink or use you may be barred from returning either, at all or within 48 hours.
Cost of rehab
Costs can range from £2,000 per week for a basic service to around £10,000 per week for a boutique service. Some clinics charge extras that have to be covered separately and which you may not anticipate in advance. More on Costs.
I can’t afford to go to rehab, what do I do?
The Executive Rehab Guide understand that every circumstance is different.
That’s why our package stays are competitively priced and have been voted the most affordable in recent years.
Ways to pay:
We offer our patients many different ways to pay for their treatment, you can cover the cost of your treatment with:
- Private Medical Insurer (BUPA)
- Pay-as-you go finance plans
- Weekly payments
- Discounts of long-term stays
The best Rehab Location
Finding the best rehab programme for problems caused by alcohol is vital to long-term success. But where close or far? Every patient is different. However, most counsellors often recommend that removing alcoholics/addicts away from their local environment where they may have drunk, used or acted out is probably a good idea.
It is better that the location is quiet and has an atmosphere that is both calm, peaceful and still 100% recovery-focused. However, that does not mean that city rehabs do not have appeal.
The difficulty with towns and city location is that offer easy access to alcohol and drugs, whereas locations without shops and fewer people make accessing substances that little bit harder. Perhaps this could be the difference between a moment's weakness leading to relapse or sobriety.
Recommended rehabs. One rehab that ticks all of these boxes is Castle Craig based outside Edinburgh. Only a 4-hour train ride or less from Edinburgh. Over 10,000 patients have passed through our doors since 1988, and the majority have gone on to achieve, long-term abstinent recovery from their addictions. Another is Smarmore Castle in Ireland.
- Leading weekend alcohol rehab
- Offer after care and ongoing support
- You can receive outpatient treatment if you prefer
- Learn techniques for relapse prevention
- They will arrange everything
- Consultation about the problem and feedback provided on recovery
- Treatment for any associated psychological issues
- 24/7 recovery staffing
- 89% of those questioned after completing treatment at Castle Craig are either living with reduced alcohol or drug use or totally abstinent. More.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Executive Rehab provides people suffering from substance addictions and co-occurring issues such as depression and anxiety professional guidance on solutions to their problems.
Residential treatment aims to support you through the initial stages of detox, and equip you with the tools you need for long term abstinence. More.For detailed information visit the Castle Craig website.
Edinburgh drug and alcohol addiction resources
Substance use can have an impact on health for the user, their social network, their community, society, and the economy.Other local areas: Ballynafeigh, Alloway, Potter's Green, New Town, Craigs Upper, Killin, Llanberis, Nantyglo, Castlewellan, Bamfurlong, Lower Milton and Heathryfold.
Does ignoring a problem make it go away?
It's a sad fact that that choosing the right residential rehab is imperative to recovery.
Please note Castle Craig does not treat sex addiction, however, treatment is available at other recommended UK rehabs.