Mental health problems in Edinburgh can vary from common everyday low moods and worries up to more serious conditions/illnesses like OCD.
Addiction often combines other health problems both physical and mental. Mental health problems we deal with every day include depression/anxiety disorders OCD and post-traumatic stress disorder (called PTSD for short). .. OCD is very treatable. As a chronic condition, Obsessive-compulsive disorder will no disappear on its own their are effective treatments that work. We can connect you with to range of services depending on what you need, from detox to inpatient treatment centre that is close to Meadowbank.
There are many opportunities to go to rehab if you live in Drylaw
The aim of the Executive Rehab Guide is to equip you with tried and tested a first class knowledge and tools you need to confidently tackle OCD/Obsessive problems proactively in Drylaw and at the earliest possible stage to avoid further damage to your performance at work and/or your relationships.
Here at Castle Craig, we recognise that substance addiction, including alcohol addiction, as well as other behavioural addictions such as internet, love bitcoin, food and shopping can have a detrimental impact on your life.
Learn about OCD/Obsessive/Addiction in Edinburgh
Get confidential help 24/7. Call 0808 1150 446 now. Access the top obsessive compulsive disorder (cod) treatments with the best consultants. Access professional, caring, supportive guidance and learn about the many financial assistance options.
No matter where you live in Edinburgh, many CQC approved Short-term residential rehabs can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
What does a rehab do? a successful obsessive compulsive disorder (cod) treatment close to Meadowbank?
You will receive:
- Support for family members at your obsessive compulsive disorder (cod) treatment
- Experienced team of doctors & therapists
- Enjoy support 24-hours a day
- obsessive compulsive disorder (cod) treatment offers a Safe and Supportive Environment
- Individualised or tailored treatment that best matches the needs of a alcoholics can be provided in a substance treatment hospital. This ensures the clients's recovery is more comprehensive, as no aspect of their addiction is left untreated.
- Medical detox with 24/7 care & support
- Bespoke day case options
- Prescription of medications to help stop substance use
- Help & support for families
- a flexible alcohol and drug problems rehabilitation
Contact us now
Guide to getting help
Wherever you live in Edinburgh or Scotland, there is the perfect drug rehab centre that can help you beat your addiction. We'll help you find it.
The process of getting into rehab
NHS rehab Process: A GP is a good place to start. They can discuss your OCD/Obsessive problems with you and get you into treatment. They may offer you treatment at the practice or refer you to your local drug service. If you're not comfortable talking to a GP, you can approach your local OCD/Obsessive treatment service yourself.
Private rehab Process
Skip The Waiting List. Self-funding: you can self refer. This means literally call or turn up at your obsessive compulsive disorder (cod) treatment of choice with a credit card. See admissions.
Health insurance: choose your rehab and then ask GP to write a referral letter for you to take away. Alternatively, ask the doctor of advice on which hospital or clinic he recommends. More.
Arriving at the treatment centre
This will differ at different facilities but it is much the same everywhere
- You will be assessed so that your treatment needs and medical requirements are understood and a treatment plan is created
- You may need to detox
- You may be assigned a consultant psychiatrist near Drylaw. They are in overall charge of your care and medication plan. They may make suggestions based on your diagnosis for additional medication or individual therapy on top of group work
- You may then assigned to a group of other addicts etc.
- You are then possibly assigned a therapist or support worker/nurse locally in Edinburgh
- You may be given 12 step recovery literature
- You are probably shown your room which you may have to share
- You might then meet the rest of the patients
Everyone is very friendly. The staff in Edinburgh have seen it all before so you are just another addict trying to recover. As patients, you are all in the same boat as everyone feels as raw and vulnerable as each other so making friends is normally easy.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
A 'normal' day in rehab
Days will differ from rehab to rehab and OCD/Obsessive/addiction to addiction. However, most rehabs in Edinburgh will follow a similar pattern.
A significant focus during treatment is on achieving clarity about the issues, people and surroundings in your life that have fuelled the desire to abuse drugs or alcohol/problems with shopping, sex or love.
Sleeping in is not part of the programme. You get up early, get dressed, attend breakfast. Some clinics have morning meditation. Some clinics ask patients to clear away breakfast things on a rota.
- Breakfast is followed by group (often 90 minutes)
- Another Group (60 minutes)
- One to one session or Group ;(60 minutes)
- Group, yoga or Pilates session or lecture ;(60 minutes)
- Possible meeting with your consultant, social worker, help team
- There is often written step or life story work to do
Evening time: Normally patients are bused to a meeting of AA, NA, or relevant 12 step programme.
Diet: Several rehabs have adopted nutritional diets to combat mental health issues. There may be an absence of sugar and caffeine. Smoking is still allowed outside as it is said that alcoholics/addicts would not attend otherwise.
Devices: In some clinics phones or laptops use is forbidden or discouraged. Bear in mind that a person with internet or a gaming addiction may find other patient using their devices triggering.
Visitor/family contact: It was common for patients to be advised to limit any or all contact with friends or family during the first week of treatment. Again this differs by provider. NHS rehabs are often further from your home in Drylaw as there are limited local resources which can make visiting difficult.
Can I leave my obsessive compulsive disorder (cod) treatment? Yes, there are not secure facilities.
Can I come back? Not always, the NHS is sometimes stricter, if you drink or use you may be barred from returning either, at all, or within 48 hours.
Effective treatment solutions:
- Art group therapy
- Creative writing therapy
- Drumming therapy
- Equine therapy
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Mindfulness Meditation & Relaxation Therapy
Call 0808 115 0608 today and get the help you need now.
Cost of rehab
Costs can range from £2,000 per week for a basic service to around £10,000 per week for a boutique service. Some clinics charge extras which have to be covered separately and which you may not anticipate in advance. More on Costs.
Ideal location for treatment
Finding the best rehab programme for OCD/Obsessive/mental health difficulties is vital to long-term success. But where, close or far?
Every alcoholic/addict is different. However, most counsellors often recommend that removing alcoholics/addicts away from their local environment where they may have drunk, used or acted out is probably a good idea.
It is better that the location is quiet and has an atmosphere that is both calm, peaceful and still 100% recovery-focused. However, that does not mean that city rehabs do not have appeal.
The difficulty with towns and city location is that offer easy access to alcohol and drugs, whereas locations without shops and fewer people make accessing substances that little bit harder. Perhaps this could be the difference between a moment's weakness leading to relapse or sobriety.
Recommended rehabs. One rehab that ticks all of these boxes is Castle Craig based outside Edinburgh. Only a 4-hour train ride or less from Edinburgh. Over 10,000 patients have passed through our doors since 1988, and the majority have gone on to achieve, long-term abstinent recovery from their addictions. Another is Smarmore Castle in Ireland.
Why Castle Craig?
- Recommended obsessive compulsive disorder (cod) treatment
- Proven counselling treatments
- Arrangement for help with medical problems
- Castle Craig offer a Safe and Supportive Environment
- Advanced levels of care
- 73.4% of those who attended treatment at Castle Craig were totally abstinent from all drugs or alcohol at follow-up (after about 1 year). More.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Many of the people we have helped have started their journey with us feeling hopeless, anxious, and severely depressed. We are here to help.
If you feel like you have lost your sense of control, and alcohol and drugs are having a detrimental impact on your life, it can be difficult to know where to begin when it comes to getting help.
If you have decided to attend a rehab centre, you are no longer in denial, and you have completed half of the battle.
Rehabs and addiction resources for Drylaw/Edinburgh include
Mental health and addiction – The City of Edinburgh Council
EADP Strategy and Planning
Edinburgh Alcohol and Drug Partnership (EADP) oversees the development and implementation of an alcohol and drug strategy for the city. More.
alcoholism often results sexual exposure (particularly among young UK women) and the possibility of contracting sexually transmitted diseasesOther local areas: Barmston, Rashielee, Fourlanes End, Rockbourne, Castleford, Flackley Ash, Abertillery, Seven Star Green, Dunston Hill, Ballymoney, Shepperton and Westcliff on Sea.
There is a real cost of ignoring your problems
It's a sad fact that that 26% of adults in Scotland and Scotland regularly drink over the chief medical officer's low-risk guidelines and 29% of drinkers in the ul binge drink on their heaviest drinking days.
Please note Castle Craig does not treat sex addiction, however, treatment is available at other recommended UK rehabs.