End the Cycle of Binging and Guilt. If you have a problem with food or an eating disorder like binge eating disorder or compulsive overeating, there's a wide range of services that can help you recover. You are entitled to seek private health care or NHS care in the same way as anyone else who has a physical health problem near Old Town.
Treatments for eating disorders include Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), Interpersonal therapy (IPT), 12-step programs, CBT, DBT and general counselling. For severe disorders and body dysmorphia with or without an addiction hospital or residential video game addiction care is a common recourse. Denial can often be an effective barrier to getting help for patients.
There are many opportunities to go to rehab if you live in Old Town
Welcome: With a range of alcohol detox centres that cater for Edinburgh, executive-rehab-guide.co.uk will give you information on free counselling and support you need every stage of your recovery journey from gaming/mental health issues.
Get confidential help 24/7. Call 0808 1150 446 now. Access the top residential video game addiction cares with the best doctors. Access professional, caring, supportive guidance and learn about the many financial assistance options.
No matter where you live in Edinburgh, many successful addiction treatment centres can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Want more information on the latest food addiction rehab close to Old Town?
You will receive:
- Offer aftercare and ongoing support
- 12 Months free aftercare post 90 day alcohol treatment program
- the most effective drug addiction rehabilitation
- 90 day alcohol treatment program promotes the 90 days 'Gold Standard',
- Drug and alcohol rehabilitation
- Out of the 10,000 patients, we have helped, 73% make a long-term recovery (Castle Craig)
- Bespoke treatment options for all addictions
- Prescription of medications to help stop substance use
- Family telephone helpline
- Your 90 day alcohol treatment program will offer Advanced aftercare And Relapse Prevention
Perhaps you are looking for recommended addiction help for you or an employee who may have alcohol difficulties. We understand that this is very difficult for you to ask for help and advice for you or your family.
No matter where you live in Edinburgh or Scotland, there is the perfect drug rehab centre that can help you beat your addiction. We'll help you find it. Our trained addiction therapists are on hand 24 hours a day.
We are here to help. To book into your Edinburgh drug or alcohol rehab clinic of choice, call 0808 1150 446, we can offer advice on all aspects of accessing the right treatment for your issues from alcohol.
The calls are free and there is no-obligation to purchase or commit to anything. The helpline is run by Castle Craig, one of the oldest and best rehab, counselling or therapy providers in the UK.
The process of getting into rehab
NHS rehab Process: First stop is GP. Ask to be referred for both counselling sessions for your alcohol/addiction and to a local drug and alcohol team nearest to you in Edinburgh. Although NHS resources are limited, it is still possible to receive funding for treatment.
Private rehab Process
Skip The Waiting List. Self-funding: you can self refer. This means literally call or turn up at your residential video game addiction care of choice with a credit card. See admissions.
Health insurance: choose your rehab and then ask GP to write a referral letter for you to take away. Alternatively, ask the doctor of advice on which hospital or clinic he recommends. More.
Arriving at the treatment centre
This will differ at different facilities but it is much the same everywhere
- You will be assessed so that your treatment needs and medical requirements are understood and a treatment plan is created
- You may need to detox
- You may be assigned a consultant psychiatrist near Old Town. They are in overall charge of your care and medication plan. They may make suggestions based on your diagnosis for additional medication or individual therapy on top of group work
- You may then assigned to a group of other alcoholics/addicts etc.
- You are then possibly assigned a therapist or support worker/nurse locally in Edinburgh
- You may be given 12 step recovery literature
- You are probably shown your room which you may have to share
- You might then meet the rest of the alcoholics
Everyone is very friendly. The staff in Edinburgh have seen it all before so you are just another addict trying to recover. As patients, you are all in the same boat as everyone feels as raw and vulnerable as each other so making friends is normally easy.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
A typical day in rehab
Days will differ from rehab to rehab and gaming/addiction to addiction. However, most rehabs in Edinburgh will follow a similar pattern.
A significant focus during treatment is on achieving clarity about the issues, people and surroundings in your life that have fuelled the desire to abuse drugs or alcohol/problems with gambling, internet, love, sex and shopping.
Sleeping in is not part of the programme. You get up early, get dressed, attend breakfast. Some clinics have morning meditation. Some clinics ask patients to clear away breakfast things on a rota.
- Breakfast is followed by group (often 90 minutes)
- Another Group (60 minutes)
- One to one session or Group (60 minutes)
- Group, yoga or Pilates session or lecture; (60 minutes)
- Possible meeting with your consultant, social worker, help team
- There is often written step or life story work to do
Evening time: Normally patients are bused to a meeting of AA, NA or relevant 12 step programmes.
Diet: A number of rehabs have adopted nutritional diets to combat mental health issues. There may be an absence of sugar and caffeine. Smoking is still allowed outside as it is said that addicts would not attend otherwise.
Devices: In some clinics phones or laptops use is forbidden or discouraged. Bear in mind that a person with internet or a gaming addiction may find other patient using their devices triggering.
Visitor/family contact: It was common for patients to be advised to limit any or all contact with friends or family during the first week of treatment. Again this differs by provider. NHS rehabs are often further from your home in Old Town as there are limited local resources which can make visiting difficult.
Can I leave: Yes, these are not secure facilities or locked wards.
Can I come back? Not always, the NHS is sometimes stricter, if you drink or use you may be barred from returning either, at all or within 48 hours.
Cost of rehab
Costs can range from £2,000 per week for a basic service to around £10,000 per week for a boutique service. Some clinics charge extras that have to be covered separately and which you may not anticipate in advance. More on Costs.
I can’t afford to go to rehab, what do I do?
The Executive Rehab Guide understand that every circumstance is different.
That’s why our package stays are competitively priced and have been voted the most affordable in recent years.
Ways to pay:
We offer our patients many different ways to pay for their treatment, you can cover the cost of your treatment with:
- Private Medical Insurer (BUPA)
- Pay-as-you go finance plans
- Weekly payments
- Discounts of long-term stays
The Perfect location for treatment
Finding the best rehab programme for problems caused by alcohol is vital to long-term success. But where, close or far?
Every alcoholic/addict is different. However, most qualified psychiatrists often recommend that removing clients away from their local environment where they may have drunk, used or acted out is probably sensible.
It is better that the location is quiet and has an atmosphere that is both calm, peaceful and still 100% recovery-focused. However, that does not mean that city rehabs do not have appeal.
The difficulty with towns and city location is that offer easy access to alcohol and drugs, whereas locations without shops and fewer people make accessing substances that little bit harder. Perhaps this could be the difference between a moment's weakness leading to relapse or sobriety.
Recommended rehabs. One rehab that ticks all of these boxes is Castle Craig based outside Edinburgh. Only a 4-hour train ride or less from Edinburgh. Over 10,000 patients have passed through our doors since 1988, and the majority have gone on to achieve, long-term abstinent recovery from their addictions. Another is Smarmore Castle in Ireland.
Why Castle Craig?
- Recommended residential video game addiction care
- Private drug and alcohol rehab centre
- Free aftercare for 12 months following treatment
- Learn techniques for relapse prevention
- Offer after care and ongoing support
- Castle Craig's treatment is very successful. It is evidence-based, and the evidence is independently verified. More.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Many of the people we have helped have started their journey with us feeling hopeless, anxious, and severely depressed. We are here to help.
If you feel like you have lost your sense of control, and alcohol and drugs are having a detrimental impact on your life, it can be difficult to know where to begin when it comes to getting help.
If you have decided to attend a rehab centre, you are no longer in denial, and you have completed half of the battle.
Executive Rehab provides people suffering from substance addictions and co-occurring issues such as depression and anxiety professional guidance on solutions to their problems.
Residential treatment aims to support you through the initial stages of detox, and equip you with the tools you need for long term abstinence. More.
For detailed information visit the Castle Craig website.
Aftercare can involve:
- Continuing counselling or group therapy
- Regular check-in meetings with a programme
- Avoid triggers that previously resulted in your substance use; whether that is certain people, situations or stress from over-working
- Referring regularly to the 12 Step Programme
- Getting enough sleep
- Regular exercise
- Maintaining a nutritious diet
Edinburgh alcohol addiction resources
Alcoholics Anonymous Edinburgh & Midlothian | Official AA Website for Edinburgh & Midlothian
Edinburgh AA currently holds 79 meetings per week, click here for meetings.
Serenity Addiction Centres
Hudson House, 8 Albany Street, Edinburgh EH1 3QB, UK
Edinburgh Alcohol and Drugs Partnership
Supporting Drug and Alcohol recovery in Edinburgh
Priory Hospital Glasgow
38-40 Mansionhouse Rd, Shawlands, Glasgow G41 3DW
drug and alcohol addiction often results in risk-taking behaviour due to intoxication: this could include violence, reckless driving or sexual behaviour, causing domestic violence, accidents and injuries.Other local areas: Newtownabbey, Kingsclere Woodlands, Renfrew, Killaloo, Compton Abbas, Cheltenham, Bromley, Penmark, Spratton, Ludchurch, The Trench and Cynonville.
FAQs/food addiction rehab
Please note Castle Craig does not treat sex addiction, however, treatment is available at other recommended UK rehabs.