Alcohol addiction is self-destruction. Alcoholism affects people of any race, sex, and class in Scotland. If you have a problem with alcohol, either binge drinking or excessive drinking there's a wide range of mental health services that can help.
Treatments offered for alcoholism may start with an intervention, discussion on 'moderation vs abstinence' and possibly the opinions of inpatient (12 step addiction centre) or outpatient treatment (therapy), often a detox may be required. A good 12-step facility with talking therapy, counselling and expertise in addiction is also highly recommended. Keeping the alcoholic apart from alcohol and all the triggers associated with acting out can mean hospitalisation or alcohol clinic is the best solution. Not admitting to a drinking problem (denial) can often be an effective barrier to getting help for patients.
The 10 most common mental disorders are Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Anxiety Disorders and phobias, Addiction/Substance Use, Bulimia/anorexia, Personality Disorders and finally mood disorders which include depression. If you suffer from any of these you are not alone.
We Have Found six residential treatment centres near Edinburgh
We are a free help and assessment guide for selecting the right alcohol clinic that can help you in getting help that is tailored to your problems with alcohol.
Here at Castle Craig, we recognise that substance addiction, including drug addiction, as well as other behavioural addictions such as internet, love bitcoin, food and shopping can have a very unfortunate impact on all areas of an addicts life.
What options are available for alcohol/mental health problems?
Get confidential help 24/7. Call 0808 1150 446 now. Access the top alcohol clinics with the best psychologists. Access professional, caring, supportive guidance and learn about the many financial assistance options.
No matter where you live in Edinburgh, many specialist residential addiction centre for alcohol or drug misuses can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Discover more about a professional alcohol clinic near Pilton?
You will receive:
- Immediate admission to the alcohol clinic you choose
- Thousands of people from all over the UK and the world have turned to rehab for high-quality treatment,
- Effective detox, you don't have to go cold-turkey
- Treatment for any associated psychological issues
- A Focus on both mental and physical Health
- Aftercare services are provided after patients are discharged. UK Studies indicate that the support provided via an aftercare service reduces the likelihood of alcoholics/addicts suffering a relapse by over 300%.
- Overcome the root causes of addiction
- a flexible drug and alcohol addiction rehabilitation
- 7 - 10 day medically assisted withdrawal detoxification for drug and alcohol addictions, if this is required
- Prescribed medical detoxification
Guide to recovery
Perhaps you are looking for CQC approved addiction help for you or a loved one who may have problems caused by alcohol. We understand this is a very difficult time for you or your family.
No matter where you live in Edinburgh or Scotland, there is the perfect residential rehab that can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it. Our trained addiction doctors are on hand 24 hours a day.
We are here to help. Call 0808 1150 446, we can offer advice on all aspects of accessing the right treatment for your issues and mental health problems caused by alcohol.
The calls are free and there is no-obligation to purchase or commit to anything. The helpline is run by Castle Craig, one of the oldest and best long-term Residential rehabs in the UK. Complete confidentiality is guaranteed.
Starting the rehab process
NHS rehab Process: Your GP in Pilton is a good place to start. They can discuss your alcohol problems with you and help get you the right alcohol clinic in Edinburgh.
Private rehab Process
Self-funding: you can self refer. This means you can literally call and book, or simply turn up with a credit card to your alcohol clinic of choice. See admissions.
Health insurance: choose your rehab and then ask GP to write a referral letter for you to take away. Alternatively, ask the doctor of advice on which hospital or clinic he recommends. More.
Arriving at the treatment centre
This will differ at different facilities but it is much the same everywhere
- You will be assessed so that your treatment needs and medical requirements are understood and a treatment plan is created
- You may need to detox
- You may be assigned a consultant psychiatrist near Pilton. They are in overall charge of your care and medication plan. They may make suggestions based on your diagnosis for additional medication or individual therapy on top of group work
- You may then assigned to a group of other addicts etc.
- You are then possibly assigned a therapist or support worker/nurse locally in Edinburgh
- You may be given 12 step recovery literature
- You are probably shown your room which you may have to share
- You might then meet the rest of the alcoholics
Everyone is very friendly. The staff in Edinburgh have seen it all before so you are just another addict trying to recover. As patients, you are all in the same boat as everyone feels as raw and vulnerable as each other so making friends is normally easy.
Components of a rehab programme
Call now: 0808 1150 446
There are many different ways to treat addiction, including weekly hour-long group discussion groups and full 12-week programme residential stays.
Usually, clients come to rehab when they have either a) exhausted all other options or b) are conscious that their case is severe enough that they require the full support of a residential programme.
One of the reasons why residential rehab is so much more effective than outpatient treatment alone is that it usually incorporates all of the benefits of outpatient treatment (group therapy, reintegration, a space to share your experience with a supportive community) while it also removes you from the everyday stresses that can often trigger substance use. or other behavioural addiction issues. More.
How else can going to a local alcohol clinic help with?
- Dual addiction
- Depression Help
- Gender Dysphoria Treatment
- Bipolar Disorder Treatment
- Anger Management Treatment
- Treatment for alcoholism
Call now: 0808 1150 446
A 'normal' day in rehab
Days will differ from rehab to rehab and alcohol/addiction to addiction. However, most rehabs in Edinburgh will follow a similar pattern.
A significant focus during treatment is on achieving clarity about the issues, people and surroundings in your life that have fuelled the desire to abuse drugs or alcohol/problems with shopping, sex or love.
Sleeping in is not part of the programme. You get up early, get dressed, attend breakfast. Some clinics have morning meditation. Some clinics ask patients to clear away breakfast things on a rota.
- Breakfast is followed by group (often 90 minutes)
- Another Group (60 minutes)
- One to one session or Group ;(60 minutes)
- Group, yoga or Pilates session or lecture ;(60 minutes)
- Possible meeting with your consultant, social worker, help team
- There is often written step or life story work to do
Evening time: Normally patients are bused to a meeting of AA, NA, or relevant 12 step programme.
Diet: Several rehabs have adopted nutritional diets to combat mental health issues. There may be an absence of sugar and caffeine. Smoking is still allowed outside as it is said that clients would not attend otherwise.
Devices: In some clinics phones or laptops use is forbidden or discouraged. Bear in mind that a person with internet or a gaming addiction may find other patient using their devices triggering.
Visitor/family contact: It was common for patients to be advised to limit any or all contact with friends or family during the first week of treatment. Again this differs by provider. NHS rehabs are often further from your home in Pilton as there are limited local resources which can make visiting difficult.
Can I leave my alcohol clinic? Yes, there are not secure facilities.
Can I come back? Not always, the NHS is sometimes stricter, if you drink or use you may be barred from returning either, at all, or within 48 hours.
Effective treatment solutions:
- Art group therapy
- Creative writing therapy
- Drumming therapy
- Equine therapy
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Mindfulness Meditation & Relaxation Therapy
Call 0808 115 0608 today and get the help you need now.
Cost of rehab
Costs can range from £2,000 per week for a basic service to around £10,000 per week for a boutique service. Some clinics charge extras which have to be covered separately and which you may not anticipate in advance. More on Costs.
The Perfect location for treatment
Finding the best rehab programme for alcohol difficulties is vital to long-term success. But where, close or far?
Every addiction client is different. However, most therapists often recommend that removing patients away from their local environment where they may have drunk, used or acted out is probably recommended.
It is better that the location is quiet and has an atmosphere that is both calm, peaceful and still 100% recovery-focused. However, that does not mean that city rehabs do not have appeal.
The difficulty with towns and city location is that offer easy access to alcohol and drugs, whereas locations without shops and fewer people make accessing substances that little bit harder. Perhaps this could be the difference between a moment's weakness leading to relapse or sobriety.
Recommended rehabs. One rehab that ticks all of these boxes is Castle Craig based outside Edinburgh. Only a 4-hour train ride or less from Edinburgh. Over 10,000 patients have passed through our doors since 1988, and the majority have gone on to achieve, long-term abstinent recovery from their addictions. Another is Smarmore Castle in Ireland.
Why Castle Craig?
- Recommended alcohol clinic
- Residential and medically supported withdrawal (detox)
- They will arrange everything
- Proven counselling treatment
- Support for family members.
- Compared to going it alone, alcoholics/addicts who attend rehab are 5 times more likely to recover
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Executive Rehab provides people suffering from substance addictions and co-occurring issues such as depression and anxiety professional guidance on solutions to their problems.
Residential treatment aims to support you through the initial stages of detox, and equip you with the tools you need for long term abstinence. More.
For detailed information visit the Castle Craig website.
Aftercare can involve:
- Continuing counselling or group therapy
- Regular check-in meetings with a programme
- Avoid triggers that previously resulted in your substance use; whether that is certain people, situations or stress from over-working
- Referring regularly to the 12 Step Programme
- Getting enough sleep
- Regular exercise
- Maintaining a nutritious diet
Rehabs and addiction resources for Pilton/Edinburgh include
Alcoholics Anonymous Edinburgh & Midlothian | Official AA Website for Edinburgh & Midlothian
Edinburgh AA currently holds 79 meetings per week, click here for meetings.
Serenity Addiction Centres
Hudson House, 8 Albany Street, Edinburgh EH1 3QB, UK
Edinburgh Alcohol and Drugs Partnership
Supporting Drug and Alcohol recovery in Edinburgh
Priory Hospital Glasgow
38-40 Mansionhouse Rd, Shawlands, Glasgow G41 3DW
alcoholism often results in risk-taking behaviour due to intoxication: this could include violence, reckless driving or sexual behaviour, causing domestic violence, accidents and injuries.Other local areas: Edwardsville, Pevensey, Pen llyn, Bracklesham, Broom, Polesden Lacey, Exfords Green, Littletown, Castleton, Kirkton of Glenisla, Cefn y Garth and Talwrn.
Can't find what you're looking for? Call now: 0808 1150 446
Please note Castle Craig does not treat sex addiction, however, treatment is available at other recommended UK rehabs.