Drug addiction: getting help
Although being addicted to drugs is becoming more common it is a serious condition that often requires urgent inpatient treatment in hospital. With the right help and support, you can get drug free.
At executive-rehab-guide.co.uk, we are dedicated to delivering individually tailored drug addiction treatment, therapy & support in Herefordshire based alcohol rehabilitation treatments near Letton.
Commonly abused drugs include Crack cocaine, cocaine, ecstasy (MDMA), heroin, LSD, ketamine, magic mushrooms, methadone, methamphetamine (crystal meth) and of course cannabis.
Commonly abused prescription medication include Oxycodone, Hydrocodone/Vicodin, Fentanyl, Codeine, Co-codamol, Tramadol and benzodiazepines (benzos), Diazepam/valium, Alprazolam/Xanex, Chlordiazepoxide/Librium, Zolpidem, Ritalin, Adderall and Dexedrine.
Abusing these drugs can lead to becoming physically and psychologically dependent.
We have found eight Treatment Facilities near Herefordshire and Dumbarton
We are a free help and assessment guide for selecting the right alcohol rehabilitation treatment that can help you with an addiction or a mental health issue that is tailored to your problems caused by drug abuse.
At our Rehab Guide, we know that more prevalent addictions, including alcoholism, as well as other behavioural addictions such as gambling, internet and shopping can have a disadvantageous impact on your life.
Rehab Guide Addiction Helpline/drug abuse
Get confidential help 24/7. Call 0808 1150 446 now. Access the top alcohol rehabilitation treatments with the best doctors. Access professional, caring, supportive guidance and learn about the many financial assistance options.
No matter where you live in Herefordshire, many flexible addiction rehab centres can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Find a very successful drug or alcohol rehabilitation close by Letton?
You will receive:
- Access to Castle Craig, established in 1988 rehab, one of the UK's most established and respected addiction rehabilitation clinics.
- Access to both on and off-site 12-Step support groups
- Prescription of medications to help stop substance use
- Learn techniques for relapse prevention
- Individual 1:1 therapy and structured group therapy programmes
- residential mental health care agencies allow for a safe and conducive environment for addiction recovery and ensure you're not distracted by the typical stressors and triggers that normally cause you to crave or abuse drugs.
- 24-hour care at drug and alcohol inpatient rehab centre
- Tailored recovery plans
- A Focus on both mental and physical Health
- Motivational Interviewing
Guide to getting better fast
Wherever you live in Herefordshire or England, there is the perfect drug and alcohol inpatient rehab centre that can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Starting the rehab process
NHS rehab Process: First stop is GP. Ask to be referred for both counselling sessions for your drug abuse/addiction and to a local drug and alcohol team nearest to you in Herefordshire. Although NHS resources are limited, it is still possible to receive funding for treatment.
Private rehab Process
Self-funding: you can self refer. This means you can literally call and book, or simply turn up with a credit card to your alcohol rehabilitation treatment of choice. See admissions.
Health insurance: choose your rehab and then ask GP to write a referral letter for you to take away. Alternatively, ask the doctor of advice on which hospital or clinic he recommends. More.
Arriving at the treatment centre
This will differ at different facilities but it is much the same everywhere
- You will be assessed so that your treatment needs and medical requirements are understood and a treatment plan is created
- You may need to detox
- You may be assigned a consultant psychiatrist near Cockyard. They are in overall charge of your care and medication plan. They may make suggestions based on your diagnosis for additional medication or individual therapy on top of group work
- You may then assigned to a group of other addicts etc.
- You are then possibly assigned a therapist or support worker/nurse locally in Herefordshire
- You may be given 12 step recovery literature
- You are probably shown your room which you may have to share
- You might then meet the rest of the alcoholics
Everyone is very friendly. The staff in Herefordshire have seen it all before so you are just another addict trying to recover. As patients, you are all in the same boat as everyone feels as raw and vulnerable as each other so making friends is normally easy.
Components of a rehab programme
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Does rehab work in Herefordshire?
Yes it does. There is a strong evidence base to support the treatment methods used at Castle Craig, as well as in support of residential rehabilitation treatment for alcohol/addictions.
What Are The Success Rates? "94% of patients from the Castle Craig Addiction Treatment Programme would recommend us to a friend or family member"
What's it like? Click here for more information.
Two reasons why rehabs work so well
Ownership: The treatment provided through UK hospital forces alcoholics/addicts to take ownership of their circumstances, feelings/emotions, actions and relationships, as opposed to blaming others.
Without anyone or anything else to blame, he or she must come to terms with the fact that they alone are responsible for changing their addictive behaviour AND they are responsible for their own recovery. Rehab quickly teaches that those who try and get better for others will ultimately fail.
Aftercare: UK Statistics show that aftercare is an important component in achieving long-term abstinence. Recovering clients who do not receive appropriate aftercare are 10 times more likely to relapse within one year.
"The staff was incredible?they truly cared about me as a person and about helping me learn to be the best and happiest version of myself. To thine own self be true." Castiel March 2016 London
Why rehab might not work:
- Lack of participation in groups and therapy
- Too many distractions and outside issues interfere with recovery in Ludstock
- See addiction myths
Want an Addiction Recovery Program that works? See Getting into the right 12 step addiction centre.
How long does rehab take?
The duration of your alcohol rehabilitation treatment stay will depend on the severity of your dependency, your own commitment, family support and willingness to live a life free from dependency, and the amount of time and money you have available to spend. If you have insurance then it will generally be 28-days.
Generally, the longer the rehab programme the less likely you are to relapse. NHS rehab normally accommodates longer inpatient treatments sometimes up to a year. More.
Average UK inpatient times
- Detox: 7-10 days (Methadone/20 days and Benzodiazepines/2-8 weeks).
- Hospital residential treatment, general mental health issues, depression/anxiety etc.: 7-14 days
- Most common Addiction programme/residential treatment: 28-days
- long-term residential treatment: 90 days
- NHS funded treatment, non private: 3months - 1 year
- Long term Outpatient treatment (including treatment for alcohol: 130 days
Call now: 0808 1150 446
A typical day in rehab
Days will differ from rehab to rehab and alcohol/addiction to addiction. However, most rehabs in Herefordshire will follow a similar pattern.
A significant focus during treatment is on achieving clarity about the issues, people and surroundings in your life that have fuelled the desire to abuse drugs or alcohol/problems with bitcoin, food, sex and shopping.
Sleeping in is not part of the programme. You get up early, get dressed, attend breakfast. Some clinics have morning meditation. Some clinics ask patients to clear away breakfast things on a rota.
- Breakfast is followed by group (often 90 minutes)
- Another Group (60 minutes)
- One to one session or Group (60 minutes)
- Group, yoga or Pilates session or lecture; (60 minutes)
- Possible meeting with your consultant, social worker, help team
- There is often written step or life story work to do
Evening time: Normally patients are bused to a meeting of AA, NA or relevant 12 step programmes.
Diet: A number of rehabs have adopted nutritional diets to combat mental health issues. There may be an absence of sugar and caffeine. Smoking is still allowed outside as it is said that patients would not attend otherwise.
Devices: In some clinics phones or laptops use is forbidden or discouraged. Bear in mind that a person with internet or a gaming addiction may find other patient using their devices triggering.
Visitor/family contact: It was common for patients to be advised to limit any or all contact with friends or family during the first week of treatment. Again this differs by provider. NHS rehabs are often further from your home in Cockyard as there are limited local resources which can make visiting difficult.
Can I leave: Yes, these are not secure facilities or locked wards.
Can I come back? Not always, the NHS is sometimes stricter, if you drink or use you may be barred from returning either, at all or within 48 hours.
Cost of rehab
Costs can range from £2,000 per week for a basic service to around £10,000 per week for a boutique service. Some clinics charge extras that have to be covered separately and which you may not anticipate in advance. More on Costs.
I can’t afford to go to rehab, what do I do?
The Executive Rehab Guide understand that every circumstance is different.
That’s why our package stays are competitively priced and have been voted the most affordable in recent years.
Ways to pay:
We offer our patients many different ways to pay for their treatment, you can cover the cost of your treatment with:
- Private Medical Insurer (BUPA)
- Pay-as-you go finance plans
- Weekly payments
- Discounts of long-term stays
The best location for treatment
Finding the best rehab programme for drug abuse problems is vital to long-term success. But where, close or far?
Every alcoholic is different. However, most consultants often recommend that removing addicts away from their local environment where they may have drunk, used or acted out is probably recommended.
It is better that the location is quiet and has an atmosphere that is both calm, peaceful and still 100% recovery-focused. However, that does not mean that city rehabs do not have appeal.
The difficulty with towns and city location is that offer easy access to alcohol and drugs, whereas locations without shops and fewer people make accessing substances that little bit harder. Perhaps this could be the difference between a moment's weakness leading to relapse or sobriety.
Recommended rehabs. One rehab that ticks all of these boxes is Castle Craig based outside Edinburgh. Only a 4-hour train ride or less from Herefordshire. Over 10,000 patients have passed through our doors since 1988, and the majority have gone on to achieve, long-term abstinent recovery from their addictions. Another is Smarmore Castle in Ireland.
Why Castle Craig?
- Recommended alcohol rehabilitation treatment
- Professional, specialised, accessible and confidential
- Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- You're much more likely to recover if you complete rehab at Castle Craig
- Personalised rehabilitation programme
- 61% of those who attended treatment at Castle Craig were totally abstinent from all drugs or alcohol at follow-up (after 67 weeks). More.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Executive Rehab provides people suffering from substance addictions and co-occurring issues such as depression and anxiety professional guidance on solutions to their problems.
Residential treatment aims to support you through the initial stages of detox, and equip you with the tools you need for long term abstinence. More.
For detailed information visit the Castle Craig website.
Aftercare can involve:
- Continuing counselling or group therapy
- Regular check-in meetings with a programme
- Avoid triggers that previously resulted in your substance use; whether that is certain people, situations or stress from over-working
- Referring regularly to the 12 Step Programme
- Getting enough sleep
- Regular exercise
- Maintaining a nutritious diet
Local addiction resources
Smarmore Castle Private Clinic | Alcohol & Drug Addiction Rehab Detox & Treatment | Ireland
Worcestershire Community Addictions Team Addiction Rehabilitation Centre Worcester
Therapy & Life Coaching In Hereford With The Human Givens Technique
Getting a loved one into rehab: you may need to implement a strategy of what seems like 'tough love', which involves letting them know the course of action you will take if they refuse to get help"Other local areas: Paisley, Fforest, West Flodden, Branchton, Pope Hill, Coniston Cold, Ramscraigs, Hamars, Loughborough, Newton Mearns, Wilcrick and Moneydig.
FAQs/drug or alcohol rehabilitation
Don't waste another day. Call now: 0808 1150 446
Please note Castle Craig does not treat sex addiction, however, treatment is available at other recommended UK rehabs.