Although being addicted to prescription drugs is becoming common it is a serious condition that often requires urgent inpatient treatment in hospital. At the Executive Rehab Guide, we are dedicated to delivering individually tailored drug addiction treatment, therapy & support in Hertfordshire based in house alcohol rehabs near Cheshunt.
Commonly abused prescription medication taken in excess for non-medical reason include Oxycodone, Hydrocodone/Vicodin, Fentanyl, Codeine, Co-codamol, Tramadol and benzodiazepines (benzos), Diazepam/valium, Alprazolam/Xanex, Chlordiazepoxide/Librium, Zolpidem, Ritalin, Adderall and Dexedrine. Abusing these drugs can lead to becoming physically and psychologically dependent.
Just because these drugs are legal and not classed as ?street drugs? does not diminish the damage they can cause to the quality of life of the addict and their dependents.
We Have Found eight Treatment Facilities in Hertfordshire
The aim of Castle Craig is to equip you with the latest a long term resources you need to confidently tackle alcohol problems proactively in Cheshunt and at the earliest possible stage to avoid further damage to your performance at work and/or your relationships.
We are a free help and assessment guide for selecting the right in house alcohol rehab which can help you with drug addiction or bitcoin, food, sex and shopping that is tailored to your shopping/mental health issues. Complete confidentiality is guaranteed.
Get confidential help 24/7. Call 0808 1150 446 now. Access the top in house alcohol rehabs with the best therapists. Access professional, caring, supportive guidance and learn about the many financial assistance options.
No matter where you live in Hertfordshire, many exclusive residential shopping addiction helps can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Searching for a flexible drug & alcohol rehabilitation close to Cheshunt?
You will receive:
- You get guilt-free self-care at the residential shopping addiction help you choose
- substance treatment hospitals allow for a safe and conducive environment for addiction recovery and ensure you're not distracted by the typical stressors and triggers that normally cause you to crave or abuse drugs.
- Family intervention
- Access to hundreds of drug & alcohol rehab centres
- With residential care for alcohol or drug misuse there are no delays or waiting lists, which means you can be admitted immediately and start your recovery as soon as you're ready to beat addiction.
- 1 Year complimentary aftercare support post residential shopping addiction help
- They arrange everything
- You can receive outpatient treatment if you prefer
- Cognitive behavioural therapy
- Established in 1988
Get in Touch Today
For professionals looking to make a referral click here.
Where to start
Wherever you live in Hertfordshire or England, there is the perfect rehab that can help you recover from your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Starting the rehab process
NHS rehab Process: A GP is a good place to start. They can discuss your shopping problems with you and get you into treatment. They may offer you treatment at the practice or refer you to your local drug service. If you're not comfortable talking to a GP, you can approach your local shopping treatment service yourself.
Private rehab Process
Self-funding: you can self refer. This means you can literally call and book, or simply turn up with a credit card to your in house alcohol rehab of choice. See admissions.
Health insurance: choose your rehab and then ask GP to write a referral letter for you to take away. Alternatively, ask the doctor of advice on which hospital or clinic he recommends. More.
Arriving at the treatment centre
This will differ at different facilities but it is much the same everywhere
- You will be assessed so that your treatment needs and medical requirements are understood and a treatment plan is created
- You may need to detox
- You may be assigned a consultant psychiatrist near Cheshunt. They are in overall charge of your care and medication plan. They may make suggestions based on your diagnosis for additional medication or individual therapy on top of group work
- You may then assigned to a group of other alcoholics etc.
- You are then possibly assigned a therapist or support worker/nurse locally in Hertfordshire
- You may be given 12 step recovery literature
- You are probably shown your room which you may have to share
- You might then meet the rest of the addicts
Everyone is very friendly. The staff in Hertfordshire have seen it all before so you are just another addict trying to recover. As patients, you are all in the same boat as everyone feels as raw and vulnerable as each other so making friends is normally easy.
Components of a rehab programme
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Does rehab work in Hertfordshire?
Yes it does. There is a strong evidence base to support the treatment methods used at Castle Craig, as well as in support of residential rehabilitation treatment for alcohol/addictions.
What Are The Success Rates? "61% of those who attended treatment at Castle Craig were totally abstinent from all drugs or alcohol at follow-up (after 67 weeks). More."
What's it like? Click here for more information.
Two reasons why rehabs work so well
Professional Addiction Support: Rehab in Hertfordshire offers a level of group support not available through community-based services. Addicts have many similarities with other addicts regardless of the drug (or behaviour) of choice.
People with a range of mental health problems can be very different from patients suffering from an addiction, although their symptoms, depression, anxiety etc may appear similar. An addict can often only find solace in another addict. Many rehab counsellors are recovering addicts/alcoholics.
AA and NA whilst very important as a way of staying sober are sometimes not sufficient in early sobriety, especially when detox is required. However, they are voluntary charities. They are not professional and cannot always identify or address other mental health issues. Members are not trained.
Tailored Treatment: Private clinics in Hertfordshire tend to use a bespoke treatment model rather than a one-size-fits-all approach. Many alcoholics/addicts have co-occurring issues like past traumas or abuse or bipolar disorder. Addiction is often seen as a response to inner turmoil.
The ability to custom tailor a treatment plan enables clinic staff to achieve maximum benefits from every therapy chosen. Remember time is limited to 28-days if you have health insurance.
"Leaving my home in the Talbot Village gave him distance to focus on recovery, away from triggers. Made some good friends." Catherine December 2018 London
Why rehab might not work:
- Focus solely on physical coping strategies
- clients going to rehab for someone other than themselves
- See addiction myths
Want an Addiction Recovery Program that works? See Getting into the right drug rehab centre.
How long does rehab take?
The duration of your in house alcohol rehab stay will depend on the severity of your dependency, your own commitment, family support and willingness to live a life free from dependency, and the amount of time and money you have available to spend. If you have insurance then it will generally be 28-days.
Generally, the longer the rehab programme the less likely you are to relapse. NHS rehab normally accommodates longer inpatient treatments sometimes up to a year. More.
Average UK inpatient times
- Detox: 7-10 days (Methadone/20 days and Benzodiazepines/2-8 weeks).
- Hospital residential treatment, general mental health issues, depression/anxiety etc.: 7-14 days
- Most common Addiction programme/residential treatment: 28-days
- long-term residential treatment: 90 days
- NHS funded treatment, non private: 3months - 1 year
- Long term Outpatient treatment (including treatment for alcohol: 130 days
Call now: 0808 1150 446
A typical day in rehab
Days will differ from rehab to rehab and alcohol/addiction to addiction. However, most rehabs in Hertfordshire will follow a similar pattern.
A significant focus during treatment is on achieving clarity about the issues, people and surroundings in your life that have fuelled the desire to abuse drugs or alcohol/problems with gambling, internet and shopping.
Sleeping in is not part of the programme. You get up early, get dressed, attend breakfast. Some clinics have morning meditation. Some clinics ask patients to clear away breakfast things on a rota.
- Breakfast is followed by group (often 90 minutes)
- Another Group (60 minutes)
- One to one session or Group (60 minutes)
- Group, yoga or Pilates session or lecture; (60 minutes)
- Possible meeting with your consultant, social worker, help team
- There is often written step or life story work to do
Evening time: Normally patients are bused to a meeting of AA, NA or relevant 12 step programmes.
Diet: A number of rehabs have adopted nutritional diets to combat mental health issues. There may be an absence of sugar and caffeine. Smoking is still allowed outside as it is said that patients would not attend otherwise.
Devices: In some clinics phones or laptops use is forbidden or discouraged. Bear in mind that a person with internet or a gaming addiction may find other patient using their devices triggering.
Visitor/family contact: It was common for patients to be advised to limit any or all contact with friends or family during the first week of treatment. Again this differs by provider. NHS rehabs are often further from your home in Cheshunt as there are limited local resources which can make visiting difficult.
Can I leave: Yes, these are not secure facilities or locked wards.
Can I come back? Not always, the NHS is sometimes stricter, if you drink or use you may be barred from returning either, at all or within 48 hours.
Cost of rehab
Costs can range from £2,000 per week for a basic service to around £10,000 per week for a boutique service. Some clinics charge extras which have to be covered separately and which you may not anticipate in advance. More on Costs.
Ideal location for treatment
Finding the best rehab programme for shopping issues is vital to long-term success. But where, close or far?
Every addict is different. However, most psychologists often recommend that removing addicts away from their local environment where they may have drunk, used or acted out is probably recommended.
It is better that the location is quiet and has an atmosphere that is both calm, peaceful and still 100% recovery-focused. However, that does not mean that city rehabs do not have appeal.
The difficulty with towns and city location is that offer easy access to alcohol and drugs, whereas locations without shops and fewer people make accessing substances that little bit harder. Perhaps this could be the difference between a moment's weakness leading to relapse or sobriety.
Recommended rehabs. One rehab that ticks all of these boxes is Castle Craig based outside Edinburgh. Only a 4-hour train ride or less from Hertfordshire. Over 10,000 patients have passed through our doors since 1988, and the majority have gone on to achieve, long-term abstinent recovery from their addictions. Another is Smarmore Castle in Ireland.
Why Castle Craig?
- Recommended in house alcohol rehab
- Free advice including pHs & private options
- Private drug and alcohol rehab centre
- Motivational Interviewing
- Arrangement for help with medical problems
- One most recent independent research (2019) shows 73% of patients achieving long-term abstinence with 93% showing overall improvements.'
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Local addiction resources
Early intervention may help minimize substance use disorder in adulthood, as 90% of adults with substance use disorder first used before the age of 18, and 50% started before the age of 15.Other local areas: Benmore, Garthdee, Caerphilly, Kingoodie, Overslade, Saron, Scollogstown, Bridgend, Saham Toney, Knockcloghrim, Temple Bar and Criggion.
FAQs/drug & alcohol rehabilitation
Please note Castle Craig does not treat sex addiction, however, treatment is available at other recommended UK rehabs.