Have a problem with alcohol? Alcoholism affects people of any race, sex, and class in England. If you have a problem with alcohol or drugs, either binge drinking or excessive drinking there's a wide range of mental health services that can help.
Treatments offered for alcoholism may start with an intervention, discussion on 'moderation vs abstinence' and possibly the opinions of inpatient (drug rehab centre) or outpatient treatment (therapy), a detox may be required. A good drug or alcohol rehabilitation centre with talking therapy, counselling and expertise in addiction is also recommended. Keeping the alcoholic apart from alcohol and all the triggers associated with acting out can mean hospitalisation or acute psychiatric hospital is the best solution. Not admitting to a drinking problem (denial) can often be an effective barrier to getting help for patients.
Other mental illnesses include anxiety disorders like anxiety & panic attacks, mood disorders/bipolar disorder or manic depression, psychotic disorders like having hallucinations and eating disorders.
We Have Found four rehabs
The aim of our Rehab Guide is to equip you with easily accessible help, advice and knowledge you need to confidently tackle alcohol or drugs problems proactively in Lockington and at the earliest possible stage to avoid further damage to your work performance and/or your relationships.
We are a free help and assessment guide for selecting the right acute psychiatric hospital which can help you with advice for accessing substance treatment hospital in Leicestershire that is tailored to your alcohol difficulties. Complete confidentiality is guaranteed.
At the Executive Rehab Guide, we understand that more prevalent addictions, including alcohol and drug addiction, as well as other behavioural addictions such as internet, love and sex and shopping can have a very unfortunate impact on your life.
Private Alcohol Rehab & Drug Addiction Recovery
Get confidential help 24/7. Call 0808 1150 446 now. Access the top acute psychiatric hospitals with the best therapists. Access professional, caring, supportive guidance and learn about the many financial assistance options.
No matter where you live in Leicestershire, many CQC/SCSWIS approved residential addiction centre for alcohol or drug misuses can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Find information here on a well-known alcohol rehabilitation facility local to Freeby?
You will receive:
- You won't have to feel alone anymore
- Holistic therapies
- Tailored recovery plans
- Full physical and psychological assessments
- Full clinical assessment when arriving at your residential alcohol rehab centre
- One of the largest rehabs in the UK
- 24-hour care at residential alcohol rehab centre
- Support for family members at your residential alcohol rehab centre
- residential alcohol rehab centre offers a Safe and Supportive Environment
- Private drug and alcohol rehab centre
Guide to recovery
Wherever you live in Leicestershire or England, there is the perfect residential treatment centre that can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
The process of getting into rehab
NHS rehab Process: Successfully dealing with addiction often requires outside help. Start by talking to your GP and asking to be referred. There's a wide range of NHS services that can help near Syston and Clocaenog
Private rehab Process
Skip The Waiting List. Self-funding: you can self refer. This means literally call or turn up at your acute psychiatric hospital of choice with a credit card. See admissions.
Health insurance: choose your rehab and then ask GP to write a referral letter for you to take away. Alternatively, ask the doctor of advice on which hospital or clinic he recommends. More.
Arriving at the treatment centre
This will differ at different facilities but it is much the same everywhere
- You will be assessed so that your treatment needs and medical requirements are understood and a treatment plan is created
- You may need to detox
- You may be assigned a consultant psychiatrist near Lockington. They are in overall charge of your care and medication plan. They may make suggestions based on your diagnosis for additional medication or individual therapy on top of group work
- You may then assigned to a group of other addicts etc.
- You are then possibly assigned a therapist or support worker/nurse locally in Leicestershire
- You may be given 12 step recovery literature
- You are probably shown your room which you may have to share
- You might then meet the rest of the alcoholics
Everyone is very friendly. The staff in Leicestershire have seen it all before so you are just another addict trying to recover. As patients, you are all in the same boat as everyone feels as raw and vulnerable as each other so making friends is normally easy.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
There are many different ways to treat addiction, including weekly hour-long group discussion groups and full 12-week programme residential stays.
Usually, clients come to rehab when they have either a) exhausted all other options or b) are conscious that their case is severe enough that they require the full support of a residential programme.
One of the reasons why residential rehab is so much more effective than outpatient treatment alone is that it usually incorporates all of the benefits of outpatient treatment (group therapy, reintegration, a space to share your experience with a supportive community) while it also removes you from the everyday stresses that can often trigger substance use. or other behavioural addiction issues. More.
How else can going to a local acute psychiatric hospital help with?
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) Treatment
- Anger Management Treatment
- Postnatal and Antenatal (Perinatal) Depression Treatment
- Teach you the skills you will need to reintegrate into society, your home and family
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Treatment
- Drug-Induced Psychosis
Call now: 0808 1150 446
A typical day in rehab
Days will differ from rehab to rehab and alcohol or drugs/addiction to addiction. However, most rehabs in Leicestershire will follow a similar pattern.
A significant focus during treatment is on achieving clarity about the issues, people and surroundings in your life that have fuelled the desire to abuse drugs or alcohol/problems with gambling, internet, and sex.
Sleeping in is not part of the programme. You get up early, get dressed, attend breakfast. Some clinics have morning meditation. Some clinics ask patients to clear away breakfast things on a rota.
- Breakfast is followed by group (often 90 minutes)
- Another Group (60 minutes)
- One to one session or Group (60 minutes)
- Group, yoga or Pilates session or lecture; (60 minutes)
- Possible meeting with your consultant, social worker, help team
- There is often written step or life story work to do
Evening time: Normally patients are bused to a meeting of AA, NA or relevant 12 step programmes.
Diet: A number of rehabs have adopted nutritional diets to combat mental health issues. There may be an absence of sugar and caffeine. Smoking is still allowed outside as it is said that clients would not attend otherwise.
Devices: In some clinics phones or laptops use is forbidden or discouraged. Bear in mind that a person with internet or a gaming addiction may find other patient using their devices triggering.
Visitor/family contact: It was common for patients to be advised to limit any or all contact with friends or family during the first week of treatment. Again this differs by provider. NHS rehabs are often further from your home in Lockington as there are limited local resources which can make visiting difficult.
Can I leave: Yes, these are not secure facilities or locked wards.
Can I come back? Not always, the NHS is sometimes stricter, if you drink or use you may be barred from returning either, at all or within 48 hours.
Cost of rehab
Costs can range from £2,000 per week for a basic service to around £10,000 per week for a boutique service. Some clinics charge extras which have to be covered separately and which you may not anticipate in advance. More on Costs.
The Perfect location for treatment
Finding the best rehab programme for issues from alcohol is vital to long-term success. But where, close or far?
Every alcoholic/addict is different. However, most counsellors often recommend that removing alcoholics/addicts away from their local environment where they may have drunk, used or acted out is probably a good idea.
It is better that the location is quiet and has an atmosphere that is both calm, peaceful and still 100% recovery-focused. However, that does not mean that city rehabs do not have appeal.
The difficulty with towns and city location is that offer easy access to alcohol and drugs, whereas locations without shops and fewer people make accessing substances that little bit harder. Perhaps this could be the difference between a moment's weakness leading to relapse or sobriety.
Recommended rehabs. One rehab that ticks all of these boxes is Castle Craig based outside Edinburgh. Only a 4-hour train ride or less from Leicestershire. Over 10,000 patients have passed through our doors since 1988, and the majority have gone on to achieve, long-term abstinent recovery from their addictions. Another is Smarmore Castle in Ireland.
Why Castle Craig?
- Recommended acute psychiatric hospital
- Help & support for families
- a flexible alcoholism rehabilitation
- Castle Craig's team is made up of qualified psychiatrists, psychologists, addiction therapists and other mental health professionals
- Highly recommended
- One most recent independent research (2019) shows 73% of alcoholics achieving long-term abstinence with 93% showing overall improvements.'
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Many of the people we have helped have started their journey with us feeling hopeless, anxious, and severely depressed. We are here to help.
If you feel like you have lost your sense of control, and alcohol and drugs are having a detrimental impact on your life, it can be difficult to know where to begin when it comes to getting help.
If you have decided to attend a rehab centre, you are no longer in denial, and you have completed half of the battle.
Executive Rehab provides people suffering from substance addictions and co-occurring issues such as depression and anxiety professional guidance on solutions to their problems.
Residential treatment aims to support you through the initial stages of detox, and equip you with the tools you need for long term abstinence. More.
For detailed information visit the Castle Craig website.
Aftercare can involve:
- Continuing counselling or group therapy
- Regular check-in meetings with a programme
- Avoid triggers that previously resulted in your substance use; whether that is certain people, situations or stress from over-working
- Referring regularly to the 12 Step Programme
- Getting enough sleep
- Regular exercise
- Maintaining a nutritious diet
Local addiction resources
For those living with a loved one who has a drink problem, it can feel like you are talking to a brick wall when it comes to encouraging them to get helpOther local areas: Tanshall, Lackagh, New Beckenham, Seagoe, Tormore, Auchterderran, Murch, Old Wives Lees, Newman's End, Lount, Whiting Bay and Orton.
Common Questions on alcohol rehabilitation facility in England
Please note Castle Craig does not treat sex addiction, however, treatment is available at other recommended UK rehabs.