Drug addiction: getting intensive help
Although being addicted to drugs is becoming more common it is a serious condition that often requires urgent inpatient treatment in hospital. With the right help and support, you can get drug free.
At Castle Craig, we are dedicated to delivering individually tailored drug addiction treatment, therapy & support in Lisburn based amphetamine addiction rehabilitations near Dundrod.
Commonly abused drugs include Crack cocaine, cocaine, ecstasy (MDMA), heroin, LSD, ketamine, magic mushrooms, methadone, methamphetamine (crystal meth) and of course cannabis.
Commonly abused prescription medication include Oxycodone, Hydrocodone/Vicodin, Fentanyl, Codeine, Co-codamol, Tramadol and benzodiazepines (benzos), Diazepam/valium, Alprazolam/Xanex, Chlordiazepoxide/Librium, Zolpidem, Ritalin, Adderall and Dexedrine.
Abusing these drugs can lead to becoming physically and psychologically dependent.
We have found a number Treatment Facilities near Lisburn and Fox Hill
We are a free help and assessment guide for selecting the right amphetamine addiction rehabilitation that can help you for substance or a behavioural addiction that is tailored to your alcohol/mental health problems.
At executive-rehab-guide.co.uk, we know that substance addiction, including drug addiction, as well as other behavioural addictions such as shopping, sex or love can have a disadvantageous impact on all areas of an addicts life.
Leading Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centres
Get confidential help 24/7. Call 0808 1150 446 now. Access the top amphetamine addiction rehabilitations with the best consultants. Access professional, caring, supportive guidance and learn about the many financial assistance options.
No matter where you live in Lisburn, many accessible 12-step facilitys can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Find an extremely professional intensive drug rehab program local to Dundrod?
You will receive:
- Personalised rehabilitation programme
- Professional, specialised, accessible and confidential
- One-to-one therapy
- Experienced team of doctors & therapists
- a well-known alcohol addiction rehabilitation
- Thousands of people from all over the UK and the world have turned to rehab for high-quality treatment,
- With inpatient rehab centres there are no delays or waiting lists, which means you can be admitted immediately and start your recovery as soon as you're ready to beat addiction.
- You're much more likely to recover if you complete rehab at rehab
- Family telephone helpline
- You can receive outpatient treatment if you prefer
Guide to UK rehab
No matter where you live in Lisburn or Northern Ireland, there is the perfect residential treatment centre that can help you recover from your addiction. We'll help you find it.
We are here to help. Call 0808 1150 446, we can offer advice on all aspects of accessing the right treatment for your problems with alcohol.
The calls are free and there is no-obligation to purchase or commit to anything. The helpline is run by Castle Craig, one of the oldest and best rehabs in the UK. Complete confidentiality is guaranteed.
The process of getting into rehab
NHS rehab Process: Successfully dealing with addiction often requires outside help. Start by talking to your GP and asking to be referred. There's a wide range of NHS services that can help near Boardmills and Ballynafeigh
Private rehab Process
Skip The Waiting List. Self-funding: you can self refer. This means literally call or turn up at your amphetamine addiction rehabilitation of choice with a credit card. See admissions.
Health insurance: choose your rehab and then ask GP to write a referral letter for you to take away. Alternatively, ask the doctor of advice on which hospital or clinic he recommends. More.
Arriving at the treatment centre
This will differ at different facilities but it is much the same everywhere
- You will be assessed so that your treatment needs and medical requirements are understood and a treatment plan is created
- You may need to detox
- You may be assigned a consultant psychiatrist near Lambeg. They are in overall charge of your care and medication plan. They may make suggestions based on your diagnosis for additional medication or individual therapy on top of group work
- You may then assigned to a group of other addicts etc.
- You are then possibly assigned a therapist or support worker/nurse locally in Lisburn
- You may be given 12 step recovery literature
- You are probably shown your room which you may have to share
- You might then meet the rest of the clients
Everyone is very friendly. The staff in Lisburn have seen it all before so you are just another addict trying to recover. As patients, you are all in the same boat as everyone feels as raw and vulnerable as each other so making friends is normally easy.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Does rehab work in Lisburn?
Yes it does. There is a strong evidence base to support the treatment methods used at Castle Craig, as well as in support of residential rehabilitation treatment for alcohol/addictions.
What Are The Success Rates? "47% of alcoholics/addicts treated in residential rehabilitation services achieved abstinence after five years vs. 35% of those in community-based services."
What's it like? Click here for more information.
Two reasons why rehabs work so well
Safe, Caring Environment: Residential treatment at a private clinic is conducted in a safe environment that is free of the distractions of everyday life. Alcoholics are living in a bubble, they are completely insulated from the outside world. This means that there are fewer distractions or triggers. Addicts can concentrate all of their energies on getting well. They are effectively removed from all of the outside distractions and stressors and 'immersed in recovery'.
Professional Addiction Support: Rehab in Lisburn offers a level of group support not available through community-based services. Addicts have many similarities with other addicts regardless of the drug (or behaviour) of choice.
People with a range of mental health problems can be very different from patients suffering from an addiction, although their symptoms, depression, anxiety etc may appear similar. An addict can often only find solace in another addict. Many rehab psychologists are recovering addicts/alcoholics.
AA and NA whilst very important as a way of staying sober are sometimes not sufficient in early sobriety, especially when detox is required. However, they are voluntary charities. They are not professional and cannot always identify or address other mental health issues. Members are not trained.
"Detox saved my body. Committing to rehab gave me back my life. Have kept up my daily care routine." Samara April 2018 Shortbridge
Why rehab might not work:
- Lack of 12 step programme
- Denial: you don't think that you have a problem
- See addiction myths
Want an Addiction Recovery Program that works? See Getting into the right 28-day rehab.
How long does rehab take?
The duration of your amphetamine addiction rehabilitation stay will depend on the severity of your dependency, your own commitment, family support and willingness to live a life free from dependency, and the amount of time and money you have available to spend. If you have insurance then it will generally be 28-days.
Generally, the longer the rehab programme the less likely you are to relapse. NHS rehab normally accommodates longer inpatient treatments sometimes up to a year. More.
Average UK inpatient times
- Detox: 7-10 days (Methadone/20 days and Benzodiazepines/2-8 weeks).
- Hospital residential treatment, general mental health issues, depression/anxiety etc.: 7-14 days
- Most common Addiction programme/residential treatment: 28-days
- long-term residential treatment: 90 days
- NHS funded treatment, non private: 3months - 1 year
- Long term Outpatient treatment (including treatment for alcohol: 130 days
Call now: 0808 1150 446
A 'normal' day in rehab
Days will differ from rehab to rehab and alcohol/addiction to addiction. However, most rehabs in Lisburn will follow a similar pattern.
A significant focus during treatment is on achieving clarity about the issues, people and surroundings in your life that have fuelled the desire to abuse drugs or alcohol/problems with gambling, internet, love, sex and shopping.
Sleeping in is not part of the programme. You get up early, get dressed, attend breakfast. Some clinics have morning meditation. Some clinics ask patients to clear away breakfast things on a rota.
- Breakfast is followed by group (often 90 minutes)
- Another Group (60 minutes)
- One to one session or Group ;(60 minutes)
- Group, yoga or Pilates session or lecture ;(60 minutes)
- Possible meeting with your consultant, social worker, help team
- There is often written step or life story work to do
Evening time: Normally patients are bused to a meeting of AA, NA, or relevant 12 step programme.
Diet: Several rehabs have adopted nutritional diets to combat mental health issues. There may be an absence of sugar and caffeine. Smoking is still allowed outside as it is said that alcoholics would not attend otherwise.
Devices: In some clinics phones or laptops use is forbidden or discouraged. Bear in mind that a person with internet or a gaming addiction may find other patient using their devices triggering.
Visitor/family contact: It was common for patients to be advised to limit any or all contact with friends or family during the first week of treatment. Again this differs by provider. NHS rehabs are often further from your home in Lambeg as there are limited local resources which can make visiting difficult.
Can I leave my amphetamine addiction rehabilitation? Yes, there are not secure facilities.
Can I come back? Not always, the NHS is sometimes stricter, if you drink or use you may be barred from returning either, at all, or within 48 hours.
Effective treatment solutions:
- Art group therapy
- Creative writing therapy
- Drumming therapy
- Equine therapy
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Mindfulness Meditation & Relaxation Therapy
Call 0808 115 0608 today and get the help you need now.
Cost of rehab
Costs can range from £2,000 per week for a basic service to around £10,000 per week for a boutique service. Some clinics charge extras that have to be covered separately and which you may not anticipate in advance. More on Costs.
I can’t afford to go to rehab, what do I do?
The Executive Rehab Guide understand that every circumstance is different.
That’s why our package stays are competitively priced and have been voted the most affordable in recent years.
Ways to pay:
We offer our patients many different ways to pay for their treatment, you can cover the cost of your treatment with:
- Private Medical Insurer (BUPA)
- Pay-as-you go finance plans
- Weekly payments
- Discounts of long-term stays
The best Rehab Location
Finding the best rehab programme for alcohol/mental health issues is vital to long-term success. But where close or far? Every patient is different. However, most counsellors often recommend that removing patients away from their local environment where they may have drunk, used or acted out is probably sensible.
It is better that the location is quiet and has an atmosphere that is both calm, peaceful and still 100% recovery-focused. However, that does not mean that city rehabs do not have appeal.
The difficulty with towns and city location is that offer easy access to alcohol and drugs, whereas locations without shops and fewer people make accessing substances that little bit harder. Perhaps this could be the difference between a moment's weakness leading to relapse or sobriety.
Recommended rehabs. One rehab that ticks all of these boxes is Castle Craig based outside Edinburgh. Only a 4-hour train ride or less from Lisburn. Over 10,000 patients have passed through our doors since 1988, and the majority have gone on to achieve, long-term abstinent recovery from their addictions. Another is Smarmore Castle in Ireland.
Why patients go to Castle Craig
- Leading amphetamine addiction rehabilitation
- 24/7 Medical Support
- Learn techniques for relapse prevention
- Detox medication & treatments
- Direct access to treatment counsellors
- Access to hundreds of drug & alcohol rehab centres
- Bespoke treatment programme and a comprehensive screening process
- Holistic therapies
- 61% of those who attended treatment at Castle Craig were totally abstinent from all drugs or alcohol at follow-up (after 67 weeks). More.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Rehabs and addiction resources for Lambeg/Lisburn include
alcoholism often results in social isolation or withdrawal due to the obsession with the substanceOther local areas: Newbottle, Maxey, Lochside, Rhos ddAĽ, Waddicar, Preston, Great Cransley, Walcombe, Maes y dre, Keilarsbrae, Hamnavoe and Wadesmill.
FAQs/intensive drug rehab program
Please note Castle Craig does not treat sex addiction, however, treatment is available at other recommended UK rehabs.