10 days in 10 day alcohol rehab is often sufficient to get the basic recovery tools to treat alcoholism, however it can prove a good introduction to recovery.
Merton based patients are introduced to AA or NA and gain a firm understanding of what and how to change Want a diagnosis? Speak to a therapists for free, telephone 0808 1150 446
We Have Found a number Treatment Facilities in London
The aim of our Rehab Guide is to equip you with effective tools and know how you need to confidently tackle alcohol problems proactively in Merton and at the earliest possible stage to avoid further damage to your work performance and/or your relationships.
At the Executive Rehab Guide, we know that substance addiction, including alcohol and drug addiction, as well as other behavioural addictions such as internet, love bitcoin, food and shopping can have a detrimental impact on a person's life.
Choose the right road to recovery
Get confidential help 24/7. Call 0808 1150 446 now. Access the top 10 day alcohol rehabs with the best doctors. Access professional, caring, supportive guidance and learn about the many financial assistance options.
No matter where you live in London, many high end rehab, counselling and addiction therapy centres can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Want to know more about a caring and successful 10 day alcohol rehab close to Merton?
You will receive:
- EDMR and PTSD treatments
- You get round-the-clock professional support
- Look, feel, sleep better & regain confidence
- Bespoke day case options
- Free Confidential Addiction Assessment
- You won't have to feel alone anymore
- Family intervention
- addiction treatment centres allow for a safe and conducive environment for addiction recovery and ensure you're not distracted by the typical stressors and triggers that normally cause you to crave or abuse drugs.
- Proven counselling treatment
- Highly recommended
Guide to getting better fast
No matter where you live in London or England, there is the perfect alcohol rehab centre that can help you recover from your addiction. We'll help you find it.
We are here to help. To book into your London drug or alcohol rehab clinic of choice, call 0808 1150 446, we can offer advice on all aspects of accessing the right treatment for your alcohol difficulties.
The calls are free and there is no-obligation to purchase or commit to anything. The helpline is run by Castle Craig, one of the oldest and best 12-step rehabs in the UK.
Starting the rehab process
NHS rehab Process: A GP is a good place to start. They can discuss your alcohol problems with you and get you into treatment. They may offer you treatment at the practice or refer you to your local drug service. If you're not comfortable talking to a GP, you can approach your local alcohol treatment service yourself.
Private rehab Process
Self-funding: you can self refer. This means you can literally call and book, or simply turn up with a credit card to your 10 day alcohol rehab of choice. See admissions.
Health insurance: choose your rehab and then ask GP to write a referral letter for you to take away. Alternatively, ask the doctor of advice on which hospital or clinic he recommends. More.
Arriving at the treatment centre
This will differ at different facilities but it is much the same everywhere
- You will be assessed so that your treatment needs and medical requirements are understood and a treatment plan is created
- You may need to detox
- You may be assigned a consultant psychiatrist near Merton. They are in overall charge of your care and medication plan. They may make suggestions based on your diagnosis for additional medication or individual therapy on top of group work
- You may then assigned to a group of other alcoholics/addicts etc.
- You are then possibly assigned a therapist or support worker/nurse locally in London
- You may be given 12 step recovery literature
- You are probably shown your room which you may have to share
- You might then meet the rest of the addicts
Everyone is very friendly. The staff in London have seen it all before so you are just another addict trying to recover. As patients, you are all in the same boat as everyone feels as raw and vulnerable as each other so making friends is normally easy.
Components of a rehab programme
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Does rehab work in London?
Yes it does. There is a strong evidence base to support the treatment methods used at Castle Craig, as well as in support of residential rehabilitation treatment for alcohol/addictions.
What Are The Success Rates? "89% of those questioned after completing treatment at Castle Craig are either living with reduced alcohol or drug use or totally abstinent. More."
What's it like? Click here for more information.
Two reasons why rehabs work so well
Tailored Treatment: Private clinics in London tend to use a bespoke treatment model rather than a one-size-fits-all approach. Many alcoholics have co-occurring issues like self harm or stress disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Addiction is often seen as a response to inner turmoil.
Ownership: The treatment provided through UK hospital forces clients to take ownership of their circumstances, feelings/emotions, actions and relationships, as opposed to blaming others.
Without anyone or anything else to blame, he or she must come to terms with the fact that they alone are responsible for changing their addictive behaviour AND they are responsible for their own recovery. Rehab quickly teaches that those who try and get better for others will ultimately fail.
"Exhausting but well worth every tear and pound spend. I am getting better, finally." Axel May 2017 London
Why rehab might not work:
- Focus solely on physical coping strategies
- clients going to rehab for someone other than themselves
- See addiction myths
Want an Addiction Recovery Program that works? See Getting into the right drug or alcohol rehabilitation centre.
How long does rehab take?
The duration of your 10 day alcohol rehab stay will depend on the severity of your dependency, your own commitment, family support and willingness to live a life free from dependency, and the amount of time and money you have available to spend. If you have insurance then it will generally be 28-days.
Generally, the longer the rehab programme the less likely you are to relapse. NHS rehab normally accommodates longer inpatient treatments sometimes up to a year. More.
Average UK inpatient times
- Detox: 7-10 days (Methadone/20 days and Benzodiazepines/2-8 weeks).
- Hospital residential treatment, general mental health issues, depression/anxiety etc.: 7-14 days
- Most common Addiction programme/residential treatment: 28-days
- long-term residential treatment: 90 days
- NHS funded treatment, non private: 3months - 1 year
- Long term Outpatient treatment (including treatment for alcohol: 130 days
Call now: 0808 1150 446
A typical day in rehab
Days will differ from rehab to rehab and alcohol/addiction to addiction. However, most rehabs in London will follow a similar pattern.
A significant focus during treatment is on achieving clarity about the issues, people and surroundings in your life that have fuelled the desire to abuse drugs or alcohol/problems with internet, love and sex and shopping.
Sleeping in is not part of the programme. You get up early, get dressed, attend breakfast. Some clinics have morning meditation. Some clinics ask patients to clear away breakfast things on a rota.
- Breakfast is followed by group (often 90 minutes)
- Another Group (60 minutes)
- One to one session or Group (60 minutes)
- Group, yoga or Pilates session or lecture; (60 minutes)
- Possible meeting with your consultant, social worker, help team
- There is often written step or life story work to do
Evening time: Normally patients are bused to a meeting of AA, NA or relevant 12 step programmes.
Diet: A number of rehabs have adopted nutritional diets to combat mental health issues. There may be an absence of sugar and caffeine. Smoking is still allowed outside as it is said that alcoholics would not attend otherwise.
Devices: In some clinics phones or laptops use is forbidden or discouraged. Bear in mind that a person with internet or a gaming addiction may find other patient using their devices triggering.
Visitor/family contact: It was common for patients to be advised to limit any or all contact with friends or family during the first week of treatment. Again this differs by provider. NHS rehabs are often further from your home in Merton as there are limited local resources which can make visiting difficult.
Can I leave: Yes, these are not secure facilities or locked wards.
Can I come back? Not always, the NHS is sometimes stricter, if you drink or use you may be barred from returning either, at all or within 48 hours.
Cost of rehab
Costs can range from £2,000 per week for a basic service to around £10,000 per week for a boutique service. Some clinics charge extras that have to be covered separately and which you may not anticipate in advance. More on Costs.
I can’t afford to go to rehab, what do I do?
The Executive Rehab Guide understand that every circumstance is different.
That’s why our package stays are competitively priced and have been voted the most affordable in recent years.
Ways to pay:
We offer our patients many different ways to pay for their treatment, you can cover the cost of your treatment with:
- Private Medical Insurer (BUPA)
- Pay-as-you go finance plans
- Weekly payments
- Discounts of long-term stays
Ideal Rehab Location
Finding the best rehab programme for alcohol/mental health problems is vital to long-term success. But where close or far? Every patient is different. However, most qualified psychiatrists often recommend that removing patients away from their local environment where they may have drunk, used or acted out is probably recommended.
It is better that the location is quiet and has an atmosphere that is both calm, peaceful and still 100% recovery-focused. However, that does not mean that city rehabs do not have appeal.
The difficulty with towns and city location is that offer easy access to alcohol and drugs, whereas locations without shops and fewer people make accessing substances that little bit harder. Perhaps this could be the difference between a moment's weakness leading to relapse or sobriety.
Recommended rehabs. One rehab that ticks all of these boxes is Castle Craig based outside Edinburgh. Only a 4-hour train ride or less from London. Over 10,000 patients have passed through our doors since 1988, and the majority have gone on to achieve, long-term abstinent recovery from their addictions. Another is Smarmore Castle in Ireland.
Why is Castle Craig so popular
- Leading 10 day alcohol rehab
- Detox medication & treatments
- Access to hundreds of drug & alcohol rehab centres
- Treatment to suit all budgets
- Bespoke treatment options for all addictions
- Aftercare and ongoing therapies
- 24/7 recovery staffing
- One-to-one counselling
- 99% of alcoholics/addicts from the Castle Craig Addiction Treatment Programme stated that they were treated with both respect and dignity during their residential stay
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Executive Rehab provides people suffering from substance addictions and co-occurring issues such as depression and anxiety professional guidance on solutions to their problems.
Residential treatment aims to support you through the initial stages of detox, and equip you with the tools you need for long term abstinence. More.
For detailed information visit the Castle Craig website.
Aftercare can involve:
- Continuing counselling or group therapy
- Regular check-in meetings with a programme
- Avoid triggers that previously resulted in your substance use; whether that is certain people, situations or stress from over-working
- Referring regularly to the 12 Step Programme
- Getting enough sleep
- Regular exercise
- Maintaining a nutritious diet
Rehabs and addiction resources for Merton/London include
Alcoholics Anonymous London - Home - Alcoholics Anonymous London
Freedom Recovery Centre
0208 314 0333
14 Pattenden Road, Catford, London, Inner London, SE6 4NQ
The Nehemiah Project
Tooting Bec Gardens, Streatham, Outer London, SW16 1RF
The Priory Hospital North London
Grovelands House, The Bourne, Southgate, Outer London, N14 6RA
59 Bethwin Road, Camberwell, Inner London, SE5 0XT
The Priory Hospital Roehampton
0208 876 8261
Priory Lane, Roehampton, Inner London, SW15 5JJ
0207 613 3055
116/118 High Street, Shoreditch, London, Outer London, E1 6JN
0208 769 7674
12 Aldrington Road, Streatham, Inner London, SW16 1TH
drug and alcohol addiction often results in problems with the law: caused by impaired judgment and risk-taking behaviour, or due to exploring illegal means to get hold of their next dose.Other local areas: Cenin, Ballycloghan, Chapeltown, Pomeroy, Widdington, Clonfeacle, Barthomley, Ballyclare, Higher Town, Gelligroes, Westquarter and Garthdee.
FAQs/10 day alcohol rehab
Can't find what you're looking for? Call now: 0808 1150 446
Please note Castle Craig does not treat sex addiction, however, treatment is available at other recommended UK rehabs.