If you are suffering from a loss of a loved one or need help with bereavement there's a wide range of mental health services in Northern Ireland that can help you cope and recover. Grief is a natural process, but it can be devastating. You're entitled to seek private health care or NHS care in the same way as anyone else who has a physical health problem in Desertmartin.
Bereavement treatments offered include talking therapies and counselling. drug or alcohol rehabilitation and hospitalisation or drug or alcohol rehabilitation can also help when grief is combined with understandable but unhelpful coping strategies like drugs or alcohol.
We have found nine Treatment Facilities near Magherafelt and Cuttyhill
The aim of Castle Craig is to equip you with the latest tools and resources you need to confidently tackle drug abuse problems proactively in Desertmartin and at the earliest possible stage to avoid further damage to your work performance and/or your relationships.
We are a free help and assessment guide for selecting the right drug or alcohol rehabilitation which can help you in getting help that is tailored to your issues from drug abuse. Complete confidentiality is guaranteed.
Get confidential help 24/7. Call 0808 1150 446 now. Access the top drug or alcohol rehabilitations with the best psychologists. Access professional, caring, supportive guidance and learn about the many financial assistance options.
No matter where you live in Magherafelt, many high end rehabs can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Searching for the very best residential bereavement clinic close to Desertmartin?
You will receive:
- Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Your residential prescription drugs centre will offer Advanced aftercare And Relapse Prevention
- Proven counselling treatments
- Detox medication & treatments
- 24-hour care at residential prescription drugs centre
- Aftercare services are provided after patients are discharged. UK Studies indicate that the support provided via an aftercare service reduces the likelihood of alcoholics/addicts suffering a relapse by over 300%.
- Immediate admission
- Their support teams can help during your difficult moments
- They arrange everything
- Medical detox with 24/7 care & support
Contact us now
Guide to UK rehab
No matter where you live in Magherafelt or Northern Ireland, there is the perfect drug rehab centre that can help you recover from your addiction. We'll help you find it.
We are here to help. To book into your Magherafelt drug or alcohol rehab clinic of choice, call 0808 1150 446, we can offer advice on all aspects of accessing the right treatment for your problems with drug abuse.
The calls are free and there is no-obligation to purchase or commit to anything. The helpline is run by Castle Craig, one of the oldest and best Intensive Day Treatment rehabs in the UK.
Starting the rehab process
NHS rehab Process: A GP is a good place to start. They can discuss your drug abuse problems with you and get you into treatment. They may offer you treatment at the practice or refer you to your local drug service. If you're not comfortable talking to a GP, you can approach your local drug abuse treatment service yourself.
Private rehab Process
Self-funding: you can self refer. This means you can literally call and book, or simply turn up with a credit card to your drug or alcohol rehabilitation of choice. See admissions.
Health insurance: choose your rehab and then ask GP to write a referral letter for you to take away. Alternatively, ask the doctor of advice on which hospital or clinic he recommends. More.
Arriving at the treatment centre
This will differ at different facilities but it is much the same everywhere
- You will be assessed so that your treatment needs and medical requirements are understood and a treatment plan is created
- You may need to detox
- You may be assigned a consultant psychiatrist near Desertmartin. They are in overall charge of your care and medication plan. They may make suggestions based on your diagnosis for additional medication or individual therapy on top of group work
- You may then assigned to a group of other addicts etc.
- You are then possibly assigned a therapist or support worker/nurse locally in Magherafelt
- You may be given 12 step recovery literature
- You are probably shown your room which you may have to share
- You might then meet the rest of the alcoholics
Everyone is very friendly. The staff in Magherafelt have seen it all before so you are just another addict trying to recover. As patients, you are all in the same boat as everyone feels as raw and vulnerable as each other so making friends is normally easy.
Components of a rehab programme
Call now: 0808 1150 446
A typical day in rehab
Days will differ from rehab to rehab and drug abuse/addiction to addiction. However, most rehabs in Magherafelt will follow a similar pattern.
A significant focus during treatment is on achieving clarity about the issues, people and surroundings in your life that have fuelled the desire to abuse drugs or alcohol/problems with gaming, sex or food.
Sleeping in is not part of the programme. You get up early, get dressed, attend breakfast. Some clinics have morning meditation. Some clinics ask patients to clear away breakfast things on a rota.
- Breakfast is followed by group (often 90 minutes)
- Another Group (60 minutes)
- One to one session or Group (60 minutes)
- Group, yoga or Pilates session or lecture; (60 minutes)
- Possible meeting with your consultant, social worker, help team
- There is often written step or life story work to do
Evening time: Normally patients are bused to a meeting of AA, NA or relevant 12 step programmes.
Diet: A number of rehabs have adopted nutritional diets to combat mental health issues. There may be an absence of sugar and caffeine. Smoking is still allowed outside as it is said that patients would not attend otherwise.
Devices: In some clinics phones or laptops use is forbidden or discouraged. Bear in mind that a person with internet or a gaming addiction may find other patient using their devices triggering.
Visitor/family contact: It was common for patients to be advised to limit any or all contact with friends or family during the first week of treatment. Again this differs by provider. NHS rehabs are often further from your home in Desertmartin as there are limited local resources which can make visiting difficult.
Can I leave: Yes, these are not secure facilities or locked wards.
Can I come back? Not always, the NHS is sometimes stricter, if you drink or use you may be barred from returning either, at all or within 48 hours.
Cost of rehab
Costs can range from £2,000 per week for a basic service to around £10,000 per week for a boutique service. Some clinics charge extras that have to be covered separately and which you may not anticipate in advance. More on Costs.
I can’t afford to go to rehab, what do I do?
The Executive Rehab Guide understand that every circumstance is different.
That’s why our package stays are competitively priced and have been voted the most affordable in recent years.
Ways to pay:
We offer our patients many different ways to pay for their treatment, you can cover the cost of your treatment with:
- Private Medical Insurer (BUPA)
- Pay-as-you go finance plans
- Weekly payments
- Discounts of long-term stays
The best Rehab Location
Finding the best rehab programme for issues and mental health problems caused by drug abuse is vital to long-term success. But where close or far? Every addict is different. However, most consultants often recommend that removing clients away from their local environment where they may have drunk, used or acted out is probably sensible.
It is better that the location is quiet and has an atmosphere that is both calm, peaceful and still 100% recovery-focused. However, that does not mean that city rehabs do not have appeal.
The difficulty with towns and city location is that offer easy access to alcohol and drugs, whereas locations without shops and fewer people make accessing substances that little bit harder. Perhaps this could be the difference between a moment's weakness leading to relapse or sobriety.
Recommended rehabs. One rehab that ticks all of these boxes is Castle Craig based outside Edinburgh. Only a 4-hour train ride or less from Magherafelt. Over 10,000 patients have passed through our doors since 1988, and the majority have gone on to achieve, long-term abstinent recovery from their addictions. Another is Smarmore Castle in Ireland.
Why patients go to Castle Craig
- Leading drug or alcohol rehabilitation
- They will arrange everything
- Established in 1988 Castle Craig is one of the UK's most established and respected addiction rehabilitation clinics.
- Bespoke day case options
- Coca registered
- Cravings management
- 24/7 Medical Support
- You're much more likely to recover if you complete rehab at Castle Craig
- 89% of those questioned after completing treatment at Castle Craig are either living with reduced alcohol or drug use or totally abstinent. More.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Executive Rehab provides people suffering from substance addictions and co-occurring issues such as depression and anxiety professional guidance on solutions to their problems.
Residential treatment aims to support you through the initial stages of detox, and equip you with the tools you need for long term abstinence. More.
For detailed information visit the Castle Craig website.
Aftercare can involve:
- Continuing counselling or group therapy
- Regular check-in meetings with a programme
- Avoid triggers that previously resulted in your substance use; whether that is certain people, situations or stress from over-working
- Referring regularly to the 12 Step Programme
- Getting enough sleep
- Regular exercise
- Maintaining a nutritious diet
Rehabs and addiction resources for Desertmartin/Magherafelt include
Substance use can have an impact on health for the user, their social network, their community, society, and the economy.Other local areas: Sydenham, Mauricewood, Canwick, Caim, Edradynate, Portadown, Llanfairyneubwll, Lower Hardwick, Kilroot, Dallcharn, Wern Tarw and Kentchurch.
Does ignoring a problem make it go away?
It's important to remember that between 2019 and 2020, there were increases in the number of deaths involving a wide range of substances, though opiates, such as heroin and morphine, continued to be the most frequently mentioned type of drug.
Common Questions on residential bereavement clinic in Northern Ireland
Please note Castle Craig does not treat sex addiction, however, treatment is available at other recommended UK rehabs.