Want sobriety? Alcoholism affects people of any race, sex, and class in England.
If you have a problem with alcohol, either binge drinking or excessive drinking there's a wide range of mental health services that can help.
Treatments offered for alcoholism may start with an intervention, discussion on 'moderation vs abstinence' and possibly the opinions of inpatient (rehab) or outpatient treatment (therapy), a detox may be required. A good 28-day rehab with talking therapy, counselling and expertise in addiction is also highly recommended. Keeping the alcoholic apart from alcohol and all the triggers associated with acting out can mean hospitalisation or alcohol rehab treatment centre is the best solution. Not admitting to a drinking problem (denial) can often be an effective barrier to getting help for patients.
Common mental illnesses include anxiety disorders like anxiety & panic attacks, mood disorders/depression or cyclothymic disorder, psychotic disorders like substance-induced psychotic disorder and eating disorders like anorexia nervosa
We Have Found a number Treatment Facilities in Merseyside
We are a free help and assessment guide for selecting the right alcohol rehab treatment centre that can help you with an addiction or a mental health issue that is tailored to your problems caused by alcohol.
At Castle Craig, we are familiar with substance use, including drug addiction, as well as other behavioural addictions such as bitcoin, food, sex and shopping can have a negative impact on all of a person's life.
Help and advice for alcohol
Get confidential help 24/7. Call 0808 1150 446 now. Access the top alcohol rehab treatment centres with the best therapists. Access professional, caring, supportive guidance and learn about the many financial assistance options.
No matter where you live in Merseyside, many caring and successful 12 step addiction centres can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Searching for an extremely professional alcohol rehab treatment centre close to Maghull?
You will receive:
- Treatment plan should be tailored to fulfil the requirements of the alcoholics/addicts
- With rehabs there are no delays or waiting lists, which means you can be admitted immediately and start your recovery as soon as you're ready to beat addiction.
- Holistic therapies
- Highly recommended
- 24/7 Medical Support
- They arrange everything
- The Hospital and its staff are committed to offering skilled professional medical, nursing and therapeutic services to alcoholics and their families
- Look, feel, sleep better & regain confidence
- One of the largest rehabs in the UK
- One-to-one & therapy is available at your alcohol rehab treatment centre
Contact us now
No matter where you live in Merseyside or England, there is the perfect alcohol rehab centre that can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
We are here to help. Call 0808 1150 446, we can offer advice on all aspects of accessing the right treatment for your alcohol/mental health difficulties.
The calls are free and there is no-obligation to purchase or commit to anything. The helpline is run by Castle Craig, one of the oldest and best Intensive Day Treatment rehabs in the UK. Complete confidentiality is guaranteed.
Starting the rehab process
NHS rehab Process: A GP is a good place to start. They can discuss your alcohol problems with you and get you into treatment. They may offer you treatment at the practice or refer you to your local drug service. If you're not comfortable talking to a GP, you can approach your local alcohol treatment service yourself.
Private rehab Process
Self-funding: you can self refer. This means you can literally call and book, or simply turn up with a credit card to your alcohol rehab treatment centre of choice. See admissions.
Health insurance: choose your rehab and then ask GP to write a referral letter for you to take away. Alternatively, ask the doctor of advice on which hospital or clinic he recommends. More.
Arriving at the treatment centre
This will differ at different facilities but it is much the same everywhere
- You will be assessed so that your treatment needs and medical requirements are understood and a treatment plan is created
- You may need to detox
- You may be assigned a consultant psychiatrist near Maghull. They are in overall charge of your care and medication plan. They may make suggestions based on your diagnosis for additional medication or individual therapy on top of group work
- You may then assigned to a group of other addicts etc.
- You are then possibly assigned a therapist or support worker/nurse locally in Merseyside
- You may be given 12 step recovery literature
- You are probably shown your room which you may have to share
- You might then meet the rest of the clients
Everyone is very friendly. The staff in Merseyside have seen it all before so you are just another addict trying to recover. As patients, you are all in the same boat as everyone feels as raw and vulnerable as each other so making friends is normally easy.
Components of a rehab programme
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Does rehab work in Merseyside?
Yes it does. There is a strong evidence base to support the treatment methods used at Castle Craig, as well as in support of residential rehabilitation treatment for alcohol/addictions.
What Are The Success Rates? "One most recent independent research (2019) shows 73% of clients achieving long-term abstinence with 93% showing overall improvements.'"
What's it like? Click here for more information.
Two reasons why rehabs work so well
Professional Addiction Support: Rehab in Merseyside offers a level of group support not available through community-based services. Addicts have many similarities with other addicts regardless of the drug (or behaviour) of choice.
People with a range of mental health problems can be very different from patients suffering from an addiction, although their symptoms, depression, anxiety etc may appear similar. An addict can often only find solace in another addict. Many rehab counsellors are recovering addicts/alcoholics.
AA and NA whilst very important as a way of staying sober are sometimes not sufficient in early sobriety, especially when detox is required. However, they are voluntary charities. They are not professional and cannot always identify or address other mental health issues. Members are not trained.
Local community-based or local outpatient services based in Merseyside does not offer this opportunity or level or isolation. It is proven that taking a person out of their home and away from 'using friends' or 'dealers' offers a better chance of staying sober long term.
"I am grateful for everything I learnt in hospital, life lessons are not easy but I am determined to get better for good this time. The support was amazing." Deangelo December 2018 Merseyside
Why rehab might not work:
- Lack of participation in groups and therapy
- Lack of family involvement or participation for patients in Maghull
- See addiction myths
Want an Addiction Recovery Program that works? See Getting into the right Intensive Day Treatment rehab.
How long does rehab take?
The duration of your alcohol rehab treatment centre stay will depend on the severity of your dependency, your own commitment, family support and willingness to live a life free from dependency, and the amount of time and money you have available to spend. If you have insurance then it will generally be 28-days.
Generally, the longer the rehab programme the less likely you are to relapse. NHS rehab normally accommodates longer inpatient treatments sometimes up to a year. More.
Average UK inpatient times
- Detox: 7-10 days (Methadone/20 days and Benzodiazepines/2-8 weeks).
- Hospital residential treatment, general mental health issues, depression/anxiety etc.: 7-14 days
- Most common Addiction programme/residential treatment: 28-days
- long-term residential treatment: 90 days
- NHS funded treatment, non private: 3months - 1 year
- Long term Outpatient treatment (including treatment for alcohol: 130 days
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Cost of rehab
Costs can range from £2,000 per week for a basic service to around £10,000 per week for a boutique service. Some clinics charge extras that have to be covered separately and which you may not anticipate in advance. More on Costs.
I can’t afford to go to rehab, what do I do?
The Executive Rehab Guide understand that every circumstance is different.
That’s why our package stays are competitively priced and have been voted the most affordable in recent years.
Ways to pay:
We offer our patients many different ways to pay for their treatment, you can cover the cost of your treatment with:
- Private Medical Insurer (BUPA)
- Pay-as-you go finance plans
- Weekly payments
- Discounts of long-term stays
The Perfect Rehab Location
Finding the best rehab programme for problems with alcohol is vital to long-term success. But where close or far? Every alcoholic/addict is different. However, most consultants often recommend that removing alcoholics/addicts away from their local environment where they may have drunk, used or acted out is probably recommended.
It is better that the location is quiet and has an atmosphere that is both calm, peaceful and still 100% recovery-focused. However, that does not mean that city rehabs do not have appeal.
The difficulty with towns and city location is that offer easy access to alcohol and drugs, whereas locations without shops and fewer people make accessing substances that little bit harder. Perhaps this could be the difference between a moment's weakness leading to relapse or sobriety.
Recommended rehabs. One rehab that ticks all of these boxes is Castle Craig based outside Edinburgh. Only a 4-hour train ride or less from Merseyside. Over 10,000 patients have passed through our doors since 1988, and the majority have gone on to achieve, long-term abstinent recovery from their addictions. Another is Smarmore Castle in Ireland.
Why are more addicts in Merseyside choosing Castle Craig
- Leading alcohol rehab treatment centre
- Proven counselling treatment
- Experienced team of doctors & therapists
- 1yr free aftercare
- Established in 1988
- Support for family members.
- Consultation about the problem and feedback provided on recovery
- Established in 1988 Castle Craig is one of the UK's most established and respected addiction rehabilitation clinics.
- 89% of those questioned after completing treatment at Castle Craig are either living with reduced alcohol or drug use or totally abstinent. More.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Merseyside drug and alcohol addiction resources
alcoholism causes vulnerability to psychotic disorders, mental and behavioural problemsOther local areas: Erskine, Pentre, Sulgrave, Luccombe Village, Stansfield, Devon Village, Shrubs Hill, Dysart, Trottick, Upgate Street, Pedmore and Welton.
Executive Rehab Guide 2020 aspires to deliver the highest quality of care in Merseyside across our range of acute services, which include the very best acute mental healthcare for alcohol and drug problems and gambling, internet and shopping.
Please note Castle Craig does not treat sex addiction, however, treatment is available at other recommended UK rehabs.