Have a problem with alcohol? Alcoholism affects people of any race, sex, and class in Wales. If you have a problem with drug abuse, either binge drinking or excessive drinking there's a wide range of mental health services that can help.
Treatments offered for alcoholism may start with an intervention, discussion on 'moderation vs abstinence' and possibly the opinions of inpatient (rehabilitation services for drug use) or outpatient treatment (therapy), a detox may be required. A good Intensive Day Treatment rehab with talking therapy, counselling and expertise in addiction is also medically recommended. Keeping the alcoholic apart from alcohol and all the triggers associated with acting out can mean hospitalisation or rehabilitation services for drug use is the best solution. Not admitting to a drinking problem (denial) can often be an effective barrier to getting help for patients.
We have found 3 substance treatment hospitals near Goetre
The aim of executive-rehab-guide.co.uk is to equip you with the latest a successful information you need to confidently tackle drug abuse problems proactively in Goetre and at the earliest possible stage to avoid further damage to your work performance and/or your relationships.
Get confidential help 24/7. Call 0808 1150 446 now. Access the top rehabilitation services for drug uses with the best consultants. Access professional, caring, supportive guidance and learn about the many financial assistance options.
No matter where you live in Monmouthshire, many recommended addiction treatment centres can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Want more information on a fast and effective amphetamine addiction treatment near Shirenewton?
You will receive:
- Private drug and alcohol rehab centre
- You get round-the-clock professional support
- 12 Step recovery model
- Consultation about the problem and feedback provided on recovery
- Established in 1988
- Learn techniques for relapse prevention
- Thousands of people from all over the UK and the world have turned to rehab for high-quality treatment,
- Prescribed medical detoxification
- Convenience and comfortable
- Their support teams can help during your difficult moments
Wherever you live in Monmouthshire or Wales, there is the perfect alcohol rehab centre that can help you recover from your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Starting the rehab process
NHS rehab Process: First stop is GP. Ask to be referred for both counselling sessions for your alcohol/addiction and to a local drug and alcohol team nearest to you in Monmouthshire. Although NHS resources are limited, it is still possible to receive funding for treatment.
Private rehab Process
Self-funding: you can self refer. This means you can literally call and book, or simply turn up with a credit card to your rehabilitation services for drug use of choice. See admissions.
Health insurance: choose your rehab and then ask GP to write a referral letter for you to take away. Alternatively, ask the doctor of advice on which hospital or clinic he recommends. More.
Arriving at the treatment centre
This will differ at different facilities but it is much the same everywhere
- You will be assessed so that your treatment needs and medical requirements are understood and a treatment plan is created
- You may need to detox
- You may be assigned a consultant psychiatrist near Goetre. They are in overall charge of your care and medication plan. They may make suggestions based on your diagnosis for additional medication or individual therapy on top of group work
- You may then assigned to a group of other alcoholics/addicts etc.
- You are then possibly assigned a therapist or support worker/nurse locally in Monmouthshire
- You may be given 12 step recovery literature
- You are probably shown your room which you may have to share
- You might then meet the rest of the addicts
Everyone is very friendly. The staff in Monmouthshire have seen it all before so you are just another addict trying to recover. As patients, you are all in the same boat as everyone feels as raw and vulnerable as each other so making friends is normally easy.
Components of a rehab programme
Call now: 0808 1150 446
How long does rehab take?
The duration of your rehabilitation services for drug use stay will depend on the severity of your dependency, your own commitment, family support and willingness to live a life free from dependency, and the amount of time and money you have available to spend. If you have insurance then it will generally be 28-days.
Generally, the longer the rehab programme the less likely you are to relapse. NHS rehab normally accommodates longer inpatient treatments sometimes up to a year. More.
Average UK inpatient times
- Detox: 7-10 days (Methadone/20 days and Benzodiazepines/2-8 weeks).
- Hospital residential treatment, general mental health issues, depression/anxiety etc.: 7-14 days
- Most common Addiction programme/residential treatment: 28-days
- long-term residential treatment: 90 days
- NHS funded treatment, non private: 3months - 1 year
- Long term Outpatient treatment (including treatment for drug abuse: 130 days
Call now: 0808 1150 446
A 'normal' day in rehab
Days will differ from rehab to rehab and drug abuse/addiction to addiction. However, most rehabs in Monmouthshire will follow a similar pattern.
A significant focus during treatment is on achieving clarity about the issues, people and surroundings in your life that have fuelled the desire to abuse drugs or alcohol/problems with bitcoin, food, sex and shopping.
Sleeping in is not part of the programme. You get up early, get dressed, attend breakfast. Some clinics have morning meditation. Some clinics ask patients to clear away breakfast things on a rota.
- Breakfast is followed by group (often 90 minutes)
- Another Group (60 minutes)
- One to one session or Group ;(60 minutes)
- Group, yoga or Pilates session or lecture ;(60 minutes)
- Possible meeting with your consultant, social worker, help team
- There is often written step or life story work to do
Evening time: Normally patients are bused to a meeting of AA, NA, or relevant 12 step programme.
Diet: Several rehabs have adopted nutritional diets to combat mental health issues. There may be an absence of sugar and caffeine. Smoking is still allowed outside as it is said that clients would not attend otherwise.
Devices: In some clinics phones or laptops use is forbidden or discouraged. Bear in mind that a person with internet or a gaming addiction may find other patient using their devices triggering.
Visitor/family contact: It was common for patients to be advised to limit any or all contact with friends or family during the first week of treatment. Again this differs by provider. NHS rehabs are often further from your home in Goetre as there are limited local resources which can make visiting difficult.
Can I leave my rehabilitation services for drug use? Yes, there are not secure facilities.
Can I come back? Not always, the NHS is sometimes stricter, if you drink or use you may be barred from returning either, at all, or within 48 hours.
Effective treatment solutions:
- Art group therapy
- Creative writing therapy
- Drumming therapy
- Equine therapy
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Mindfulness Meditation & Relaxation Therapy
Call 0808 115 0608 today and get the help you need now.
Cost of rehab
Costs can range from £2,000 per week for a basic service to around £10,000 per week for a boutique service. Some clinics charge extras that have to be covered separately and which you may not anticipate in advance. More on Costs.
I can’t afford to go to rehab, what do I do?
The Executive Rehab Guide understand that every circumstance is different.
That’s why our package stays are competitively priced and have been voted the most affordable in recent years.
Ways to pay:
We offer our patients many different ways to pay for their treatment, you can cover the cost of your treatment with:
- Private Medical Insurer (BUPA)
- Pay-as-you go finance plans
- Weekly payments
- Discounts of long-term stays
Ideal Rehab Location
Finding the best rehab programme for issues from alcohol is vital to long-term success. But where close or far? Every alcoholic/addict is different. However, most qualified psychiatrists often recommend that removing alcoholics away from their local environment where they may have drunk, used or acted out is probably sensible.
It is better that the location is quiet and has an atmosphere that is both calm, peaceful and still 100% recovery-focused. However, that does not mean that city rehabs do not have appeal.
The difficulty with towns and city location is that offer easy access to alcohol and drugs, whereas locations without shops and fewer people make accessing substances that little bit harder. Perhaps this could be the difference between a moment's weakness leading to relapse or sobriety.
Recommended rehabs. One rehab that ticks all of these boxes is Castle Craig based outside Edinburgh. Only a 4-hour train ride or less from Monmouthshire. Over 10,000 patients have passed through our doors since 1988, and the majority have gone on to achieve, long-term abstinent recovery from their addictions. Another is Smarmore Castle in Ireland.
A top reason why rehab works
- Leading rehabilitation services for drug use
- Family support
- Free, no-obligation addiction assessment
- Treatment for any associated psychological issues
- Full physical and psychological assessments
- Free advice including pHs & private options
- Coca registered
- Dual diagnosis care
- After Castle Craig's rehab programme, 91.8% of those questioned either living with reduced alcohol or drug use or totally abstinent. More.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Monmouthshire drug addiction resources
- Alcoholics Anonymous AA)
- Adult Children of Alcoholics ACA)
- Cocaine Anonymous CA)
- Crystal Meth Anonymous CMA)
- Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous FA)
- Gamblers Anonymous GA)
- Addiction Survivors
alcoholism often results in sepsis, infections and other transmitted diseases like HIV/AIDS, in the case of injected drugs. Many people believe that using the same needle repeatedly does not cause any infections because it isn't shared with others. However, this is not true. Using the same needles without sterilizing them can cause infections.Other local areas: Hoy, Broadwell, Wynds Point, Desertmartin, Sharston, Cousley Wood, Littleport, Harlington, Loganlea, Old Philpstoun, Guist and Girvan.
What happens if I ignore the problem?
It's a sad fact that that in Wales there are an estimated 716,000 dependent drinkers only 17% are receiving 12-step facility.
Please note Castle Craig does not treat sex addiction, however, treatment is available at other recommended UK rehabs.