If you have a problem with drug and alcohol in North Down or manic depression, there's a wide range of mental health services in Northern Ireland that can help you cope and recover. You are always entitled to seek private health care or NHS care in the same way as anyone else who has a physical health problem in Bangor.
Treatments for depression include Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), Interpersonal therapy (IPT), Psychodynamic psychotherapy and general counselling. For severe depression with or without an addiction hospital or rehab counselling and therapy centre is a common recourse. Denial can often be an effective barrier to getting help for patients.
Addiction often combines other health problems both physical and mental. Mental health problems we deal with every day include depression/anxiety disorders OCD and post-traumatic stress disorder (called PTSD for short). .
We have found 8 rehabs near Holywood
The aim of our Rehab Guide is to equip you with the latest a very successful health advice you need to confidently tackle drug and alcohol problems proactively in Holywood and at the earliest possible stage to avoid further damage to your ability at work and/or your relationships.
Get confidential help 24/7. Call 0808 1150 446 now. Access the top rehab counselling and therapy centres with the best qualified psychiatrists. Access professional, caring, supportive guidance and learn about the many financial assistance options.
No matter where you live in North Down, many caring and successful internet addiction rehabs can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Searching for more information an accessible bipolar disorder treatment near Bangor?
You will receive:
- Effective psychological interventions including cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Immediate admission
- Individualised or tailored treatment that best matches the needs of a addicts can be provided in a inpatient treatment centre. This ensures the alcoholics/addicts's recovery is more comprehensive, as no aspect of their addiction is left untreated.
- Private drug and alcohol rehab centre
- 7 - 10 day medically assisted withdrawal detoxification for drug and alcohol addictions, if this is required
- Access to hundreds of drug & alcohol rehab centres
- Access to both on and off-site 12-Step support groups
- Cravings management
- Convenience and comfortable
- Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Guide to rehab
Wherever you live in North Down or Northern Ireland, there is the perfect drug rehab centre that can help you beat your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Starting the rehab process
NHS rehab Process: First stop is GP. Ask to be referred for both counselling sessions for your internet addiction/addiction and to a local drug and alcohol team nearest to you in North Down. Although NHS resources are limited, it is still possible to receive funding for treatment.
Private rehab Process
Self-funding: you can self refer. This means you can literally call and book, or simply turn up with a credit card to your rehab counselling and therapy centre of choice. See admissions.
Health insurance: choose your rehab and then ask GP to write a referral letter for you to take away. Alternatively, ask the doctor of advice on which hospital or clinic he recommends. More.
Arriving at the treatment centre
This will differ at different facilities but it is much the same everywhere
- You will be assessed so that your treatment needs and medical requirements are understood and a treatment plan is created
- You may need to detox
- You may be assigned a consultant psychiatrist near Holywood. They are in overall charge of your care and medication plan. They may make suggestions based on your diagnosis for additional medication or individual therapy on top of group work
- You may then assigned to a group of other clients etc.
- You are then possibly assigned a therapist or support worker/nurse locally in North Down
- You may be given 12 step recovery literature
- You are probably shown your room which you may have to share
- You might then meet the rest of the alcoholics
Everyone is very friendly. The staff in North Down have seen it all before so you are just another addict trying to recover. As patients, you are all in the same boat as everyone feels as raw and vulnerable as each other so making friends is normally easy.
Components of a rehab programme
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Does rehab work in North Down?
Yes it does. There is a strong evidence base to support the treatment methods used at Castle Craig, as well as in support of residential rehabilitation treatment for drug and alcohol/addictions.
What Are The Success Rates? "94% of clients from the Castle Craig Addiction Treatment Programme would recommend us to a friend or family member"
What's it like? Click here for more information.
Two reasons why rehabs work so well
Local community-based or local outpatient services based in North Down does not offer this opportunity or level or isolation. It is proven that taking a person out of their home and away from 'using friends' or 'dealers' offers a better chance of staying sober long term.
Safe, Caring Environment: Residential treatment at a private clinic is conducted in a safe environment that is free of the distractions of everyday life. Addicts are living in a bubble, they are completely insulated from the outside world. This means that there are fewer distractions or triggers. Clients can concentrate all of their energies on getting well. They are effectively removed from all of the outside distractions and stressors and 'immersed in recovery'.
"Once I contacted my clinic, you made me feel that I was coming to the right place. The mountains made me feel at home. I have been given me a chance to heal. Nothing is impossible." Scout March 2021 London
Why rehab might not work:
- Poor therapists in Holywood
- The rehab program doesn't meet individual needs in Holywood
- See addiction myths
Want an Addiction Recovery Program that works? See Getting into the right 12 step addiction centre.
How long does rehab take?
The duration of your rehab counselling and therapy centre stay will depend on the severity of your dependency, your own commitment, family support and willingness to live a life free from dependency, and the amount of time and money you have available to spend. If you have insurance then it will generally be 28-days.
Generally, the longer the rehab programme the less likely you are to relapse. NHS rehab normally accommodates longer inpatient treatments sometimes up to a year. More.
Average UK inpatient times
- Detox: 7-10 days (Methadone/20 days and Benzodiazepines/2-8 weeks).
- Hospital residential treatment, general mental health issues, depression/anxiety etc.: 7-14 days
- Most common Addiction programme/residential treatment: 28-days
- long-term residential treatment: 90 days
- NHS funded treatment, non private: 3months - 1 year
- Long term Outpatient treatment (including treatment for drug and alcohol: 130 days
Call now: 0808 1150 446
A typical day in rehab
Days will differ from rehab to rehab and drug and alcohol/addiction to addiction. However, most rehabs in North Down will follow a similar pattern.
A significant focus during treatment is on achieving clarity about the issues, people and surroundings in your life that have fuelled the desire to abuse drugs or alcohol/problems with shopping, sex or love.
Sleeping in is not part of the programme. You get up early, get dressed, attend breakfast. Some clinics have morning meditation. Some clinics ask patients to clear away breakfast things on a rota.
- Breakfast is followed by group (often 90 minutes)
- Another Group (60 minutes)
- One to one session or Group (60 minutes)
- Group, yoga or Pilates session or lecture; (60 minutes)
- Possible meeting with your consultant, social worker, help team
- There is often written step or life story work to do
Evening time: Normally patients are bused to a meeting of AA, NA or relevant 12 step programmes.
Diet: A number of rehabs have adopted nutritional diets to combat mental health issues. There may be an absence of sugar and caffeine. Smoking is still allowed outside as it is said that alcoholics would not attend otherwise.
Devices: In some clinics phones or laptops use is forbidden or discouraged. Bear in mind that a person with internet or a gaming addiction may find other patient using their devices triggering.
Visitor/family contact: It was common for patients to be advised to limit any or all contact with friends or family during the first week of treatment. Again this differs by provider. NHS rehabs are often further from your home in Holywood as there are limited local resources which can make visiting difficult.
Can I leave: Yes, these are not secure facilities or locked wards.
Can I come back? Not always, the NHS is sometimes stricter, if you drink or use you may be barred from returning either, at all or within 48 hours.
Cost of rehab
Costs can range from £2,000 per week for a basic service to around £10,000 per week for a boutique service. Some clinics charge extras that have to be covered separately and which you may not anticipate in advance. More on Costs.
I can’t afford to go to rehab, what do I do?
The Executive Rehab Guide understand that every circumstance is different.
That’s why our package stays are competitively priced and have been voted the most affordable in recent years.
Ways to pay:
We offer our patients many different ways to pay for their treatment, you can cover the cost of your treatment with:
- Private Medical Insurer (BUPA)
- Pay-as-you go finance plans
- Weekly payments
- Discounts of long-term stays
The best Rehab Location
Finding the best rehab programme for internet addiction/mental health problems is vital to long-term success. But where close or far? Every addict is different. However, most doctors often recommend that removing addicts away from their local environment where they may have drunk, used or acted out is probably a good idea.
It is better that the location is quiet and has an atmosphere that is both calm, peaceful and still 100% recovery-focused. However, that does not mean that city rehabs do not have appeal.
The difficulty with towns and city location is that offer easy access to alcohol and drugs, whereas locations without shops and fewer people make accessing substances that little bit harder. Perhaps this could be the difference between a moment's weakness leading to relapse or sobriety.
Recommended rehabs. One rehab that ticks all of these boxes is Castle Craig based outside Edinburgh. Only a 4-hour train ride or less from North Down. Over 10,000 patients have passed through our doors since 1988, and the majority have gone on to achieve, long-term abstinent recovery from their addictions. Another is Smarmore Castle in Ireland.
Why Private Treatment Works
- Leading rehab counselling and therapy centre
- professional guidance on co-occurring issues like depression
- Offer therapy and detoxification
- Direct access to treatment counsellors
- Arrangement for help with medical problems
- Look, feel, sleep better & regain confidence
- Bespoke treatment programme and a comprehensive screening process
- One-to-one therapy
- After Castle Craig's rehab programme, 91.8% of those questioned either living with reduced alcohol or drug use or totally abstinent. More.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Local addiction resources
drug addiction often results in problems with the law: caused by impaired judgment and risk-taking behaviour, or due to exploring illegal means to get hold of their next dose.Other local areas: Kingsbury, Letton, Milltown, Little Easton, Poyntz Pass, Portrack, Garndiffaith, Wigton, Caerllion or Caerleon, New Lodge, Dundonald and Old Kilpatrick.
Does ignoring a problem make it go away?
It is true that that addiction can cause problems like seizures, stroke, mental confusion and possible permanent brain damage.
Please note Castle Craig does not treat sex addiction, however, treatment is available at other recommended UK rehabs.