Mental health problems in Northumberland can vary from common everyday low moods and worries up to more serious illnesses like seasonal affective disorder. SAD is often seen as a type of "depression." or mood disorder brought on by changes in seasons, normally starting in Autumn and steadily getting worse in winter.
Successful treatments are cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), light therapy and antidepressants. Get the help you need close to Northumberland.
There are many opportunities to go to rehab if you live in East Hartford
We are a free help and assessment guide for selecting the right alcohol rehab place that can help you in getting help that is tailored to your drug abuse problems.
Get confidential help 24/7. Call 0808 1150 446 now. Access the top alcohol rehab places with the best psychologists. Access professional, caring, supportive guidance and learn about the many financial assistance options.
No matter where you live in Northumberland, many caring and successful 28-day rehabs can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Discover more about an accessible seasonal affective disorder (SAD) treatment close by East Hartford?
You will receive:
- Proven counselling treatments
- Tailored recovery plans
- Dual diagnosis care
- Motivational Interviewing
- You get guilt-free self-care at the drug and alcohol rehabilitation program you choose
- Your drug and alcohol rehabilitation program is open 24 hours
- Bespoke treatment options for all addictions
- Experienced team of doctors & therapists
- You improve more than just your mental health
- Convenience and comfortable
Where to start
Wherever you live in Northumberland or England, there is the perfect rehab that can help you beat your addiction. We'll help you find it.
The process of getting into rehab
NHS rehab Process: Your GP in East Hartford is a good place to start. They can discuss your drug abuse problems with you and help get you the right drug and alcohol rehabilitation program in Northumberland.
Private rehab Process
Skip The Waiting List. Self-funding: you can self refer. This means literally call or turn up at your alcohol rehab place of choice with a credit card. See admissions.
Health insurance: choose your rehab and then ask GP to write a referral letter for you to take away. Alternatively, ask the doctor of advice on which hospital or clinic he recommends. More.
Arriving at the treatment centre
This will differ at different facilities but it is much the same everywhere
- You will be assessed so that your treatment needs and medical requirements are understood and a treatment plan is created
- You may need to detox
- You may be assigned a consultant psychiatrist near East Hartford. They are in overall charge of your care and medication plan. They may make suggestions based on your diagnosis for additional medication or individual therapy on top of group work
- You may then assigned to a group of other addicts etc.
- You are then possibly assigned a therapist or support worker/nurse locally in Northumberland
- You may be given 12 step recovery literature
- You are probably shown your room which you may have to share
- You might then meet the rest of the alcoholics
Everyone is very friendly. The staff in Northumberland have seen it all before so you are just another addict trying to recover. As patients, you are all in the same boat as everyone feels as raw and vulnerable as each other so making friends is normally easy.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Does rehab work in Northumberland?
Yes it does. There is a strong evidence base to support the treatment methods used at Castle Craig, as well as in support of residential rehabilitation treatment for alcohol/addictions.
What Are The Success Rates? "98.5% of patients from Castle Craig stated that they felt safe during their stay in hospital"
What's it like? Click here for more information.
Two reasons why rehabs work so well
Safe, Caring Environment: Residential treatment at a private clinic is conducted in a safe environment that is free of the distractions of everyday life. Patients are living in a bubble, they are completely insulated from the outside world. This means that there are fewer distractions or triggers. Alcoholics and addicts can concentrate all of their energies on getting well. They are effectively removed from all of the outside distractions and stressors and 'immersed in recovery'.
Ownership: The treatment provided through UK hospital forces alcoholics/addicts to take ownership of their circumstances, feelings/emotions, actions and relationships, as opposed to blaming others.
Without anyone or anything else to blame, he or she must come to terms with the fact that they alone are responsible for changing their addictive behaviour AND they are responsible for their own recovery. Rehab quickly teaches that those who try and get better for others will ultimately fail.
"drug abuse was ruining my life. My experience in rehab was much more than I expected it to be. I came here broken and confused; I am leaving here, back in touch with my Higher Power. All I can say is, Thanks!." Kayden September 2020 UK
Why rehab might not work:
- Lack of 12 step programme
- clients going to rehab for someone other than themselves
- See addiction myths
Want an Addiction Recovery Program that works? See Getting into the right residential addiction centre for alcohol or drug misuse.
How long does rehab take?
Patients are usually admitted into treatment at a private clinic or hospital from four weeks to 6 months, depending on the severity of the addiction. The best results are achieved when people stay in treatment for at least 12 weeks. Detox can take place before admission or on arrival alongside other therapies. More.
A 'normal' day in rehab
Days will differ from rehab to rehab and alcohol/addiction to addiction. However, most rehabs in Northumberland will follow a similar pattern.
A significant focus during treatment is on achieving clarity about the issues, people and surroundings in your life that have fuelled the desire to abuse drugs or alcohol/problems with gambling, internet and shopping.
Sleeping in is not part of the programme. You get up early, get dressed, attend breakfast. Some clinics have morning meditation. Some clinics ask patients to clear away breakfast things on a rota.
- Breakfast is followed by group (often 90 minutes)
- Another Group (60 minutes)
- One to one session or Group ;(60 minutes)
- Group, yoga or Pilates session or lecture ;(60 minutes)
- Possible meeting with your consultant, social worker, help team
- There is often written step or life story work to do
Evening time: Normally patients are bused to a meeting of AA, NA, or relevant 12 step programme.
Diet: Several rehabs have adopted nutritional diets to combat mental health issues. There may be an absence of sugar and caffeine. Smoking is still allowed outside as it is said that addicts would not attend otherwise.
Devices: In some clinics phones or laptops use is forbidden or discouraged. Bear in mind that a person with internet or a gaming addiction may find other patient using their devices triggering.
Visitor/family contact: It was common for patients to be advised to limit any or all contact with friends or family during the first week of treatment. Again this differs by provider. NHS rehabs are often further from your home in East Hartford as there are limited local resources which can make visiting difficult.
Can I leave my alcohol rehab place? Yes, there are not secure facilities.
Can I come back? Not always, the NHS is sometimes stricter, if you drink or use you may be barred from returning either, at all, or within 48 hours.
Effective treatment solutions:
- Art group therapy
- Creative writing therapy
- Drumming therapy
- Equine therapy
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Mindfulness Meditation & Relaxation Therapy
Call 0808 115 0608 today and get the help you need now.
Cost of rehab
Costs can range from £2,000 per week for a basic service to around £10,000 per week for a boutique service. Some clinics charge extras which have to be covered separately and which you may not anticipate in advance. More on Costs.
alcohol recovery centre in England" />
The Perfect Rehab Location
Finding the best rehab programme for issues and mental health problems caused by drug abuse is vital to long-term success. But where close or far? Every addiction client is different. However, most therapists often recommend that removing patients away from their local environment where they may have drunk, used or acted out is probably sensible.
It is better that the location is quiet and has an atmosphere that is both calm, peaceful and still 100% recovery-focused. However, that does not mean that city rehabs do not have appeal.
The difficulty with towns and city location is that offer easy access to alcohol and drugs, whereas locations without shops and fewer people make accessing substances that little bit harder. Perhaps this could be the difference between a moment's weakness leading to relapse or sobriety.
Recommended rehabs. One rehab that ticks all of these boxes is Castle Craig based outside Edinburgh. Only a 4-hour train ride or less from Northumberland. Over 10,000 patients have passed through our doors since 1988, and the majority have gone on to achieve, long-term abstinent recovery from their addictions. Another is Smarmore Castle in Ireland.
- Leading alcohol rehab place
- Open 24 hours
- Family and couples programmes
- 24/7 recovery staffing
- Treatment to suit all budgets
- professional guidance on co-occurring issues like depression
- Bespoke treatment programme and a comprehensive screening process
- Prescribed medical detoxification
- One most recent independent research (2019) shows 73% of alcoholics achieving long-term abstinence with 93% showing overall improvements.'
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Executive Rehab provides people suffering from substance addictions and co-occurring issues such as depression and anxiety professional guidance on solutions to their problems.
Residential treatment aims to support you through the initial stages of detox, and equip you with the tools you need for long term abstinence. More.For detailed information visit the Castle Craig website.
Rehabs and addiction resources for East Hartford/Northumberland include
Smarmore Castle Private Clinic | Alcohol & Drug Addiction Rehab Detox & Treatment | Ireland
- www.alcoholandyou.org Alcohol and you
- www.alcoholconcern.org.uk Alcohol Concern
- www.addictionscounsellinginverness.org Addictions Counselling Inverness
- www.alcohol-focus-scotland.org.uk Alcohol Focus Scotland
- www.alcoholinformation.isdscotland.org Alcohol Information Scotland
- www.drinkaware.co.uk Drinkaware
- www.ukna.org Narcotics Anonymous
- www.scotland.police.uk Police Scotland
- www.sdf.org.uk Scottish Drugs Forum
alcoholism often results in risk-taking behaviour due to intoxication: this could include violence, reckless driving or sexual behaviour, causing domestic violence, accidents and injuries.Other local areas: Great Barr, Newbold, Henryd, Mudd, Canal Side, Mynachdy, Dundry, Llaingoch, Slackcote, Nether Kinmundy, Ystradmeurig and Barrow Nook.
Executive Rehab Guide 2020 aspires to deliver the highest quality of care in Northumberland across our range of acute services, which include the very best acute mental healthcare for drug and alcohol addiction and shopping, sex or love.
Please note Castle Craig does not treat sex addiction, however, treatment is available at other recommended UK rehabs.