Mental health problems in Orkney Islands can vary from common everyday low moods and worries up to more serious conditions/illnesses like OCD.
Addiction often combines other health problems both physical and mental. Mental health problems we deal with every day include depression/anxiety disorders OCD and post-traumatic stress disorder (called PTSD for short). .. OCD is very treatable. As a chronic condition, Obsessive-compulsive disorder will no disappear on its own their are effective treatments that work. We can connect you with to range of services depending on what you need, from detox to drug or alcohol rehabilitation centre in Orkney Islands.
We have found eight Treatment Facilities near Orkney Islands and Ridge Common
The aim of our Rehab Guide is to equip you with specialist help, advice and knowledge you need to confidently tackle exercise disorder problems proactively in Brough and at the earliest possible stage to avoid further damage to your work performance and/or your relationships.
At Castle Craig, we understand that substance use, including drug addiction, as well as other behavioural addictions such as bitcoin, food, sex and shopping can have an adverse impact on a life.
We believe that everyone has the potential to grow, learn and make choices.
Get confidential help 24/7. Call 0808 1150 446 now. Access the top exercise addiction treatments with the best consultants. Access professional, caring, supportive guidance and learn about the many financial assistance options.
No matter where you live in Orkney Islands, many tried and tested residential treatment centres can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Discover more about a luxury residential obsessive compulsive disorder (cod) treatment local to Brough?
You will receive:
- Effective detox, you don't have to go cold-turkey
- Their support teams can help during your difficult moments
- Treatment for any associated psychological issues
- A Focus on both mental and physical Health
- Individualised or tailored treatment that best matches the needs of a alcoholics can be provided in a Treatment Facility. This ensures the addicts's recovery is more comprehensive, as no aspect of their addiction is left untreated.
- Prescription of medications to help stop substance use
- Effective psychological interventions including cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- internet, love bitcoin, food and shopping rehabilitation
- Private drug and alcohol rehab centre
- Proven counselling treatments
Guide to getting better fast
Perhaps you are looking for CQC approved addiction help for you or a loved one who may have problems with exercise disorder. We understand that deciding on your 12-step facility is a very fraught and difficult decision. for you or your family.
No matter where you live in Orkney Islands or Scotland, there is the perfect inpatient rehab centre that can help you recover from your addiction. We'll help you find it. Our trained addiction therapists are on hand 24 hours a day.
We are here to help. Call 0808 1150 446, we can offer advice on all aspects of accessing the right treatment for your issues from food.
The calls are free and there is no-obligation to purchase or commit to anything. The helpline is run by Castle Craig, one of the oldest and best private rehab centres in the UK. Complete confidentiality is guaranteed.
The process of getting into rehab
NHS rehab Process: A GP is a good place to start. They can discuss your food problems with you and get you into treatment. They may offer you treatment at the practice or refer you to your local drug service. If you're not comfortable talking to a GP, you can approach your local food treatment service yourself.
Private rehab Process
Skip The Waiting List. Self-funding: you can self refer. This means literally call or turn up at your exercise addiction treatment of choice with a credit card. See admissions.
Health insurance: choose your rehab and then ask GP to write a referral letter for you to take away. Alternatively, ask the doctor of advice on which hospital or clinic he recommends. More.
Arriving at the treatment centre
This will differ at different facilities but it is much the same everywhere
- You will be assessed so that your treatment needs and medical requirements are understood and a treatment plan is created
- You may need to detox
- You may be assigned a consultant psychiatrist near Brough. They are in overall charge of your care and medication plan. They may make suggestions based on your diagnosis for additional medication or individual therapy on top of group work
- You may then assigned to a group of other patients etc.
- You are then possibly assigned a therapist or support worker/nurse locally in Orkney Islands
- You may be given 12 step recovery literature
- You are probably shown your room which you may have to share
- You might then meet the rest of the alcoholics/addicts
Everyone is very friendly. The staff in Orkney Islands have seen it all before so you are just another addict trying to recover. As patients, you are all in the same boat as everyone feels as raw and vulnerable as each other so making friends is normally easy.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Does rehab work in Orkney Islands?
Yes it does. There is a strong evidence base to support the treatment methods used at Castle Craig, as well as in support of residential rehabilitation treatment for exercise disorder/addictions.
What Are The Success Rates? "94% of clients from the Castle Craig Addiction Treatment Programme would recommend us to a friend or family member"
What's it like? Click here for more information.
Two reasons why rehabs work so well
Ownership: The treatment provided through UK hospital forces patients to take ownership of their circumstances, feelings/emotions, actions and relationships, as opposed to blaming others.
Without anyone or anything else to blame, he or she must come to terms with the fact that they alone are responsible for changing their addictive behaviour AND they are responsible for their own recovery. Rehab quickly teaches that those who try and get better for others will ultimately fail.
Tailored Treatment: Private clinics in Orkney Islands tend to use a bespoke treatment model rather than a one-size-fits-all approach. Many addicts have co-occurring issues like post-traumatic stress disorders or gender dysphoria. Addiction is often seen as a response to inner turmoil.
"I was extremely nervous upon arriving in my 28-day rehab. Everyone made me feel welcome. I would recommend rehab to anyone who wants to recover from their addictions. All I can say is, Thanks!." Julien January 2020 Bilston
Why rehab might not work:
- Lax screening process, i.e. taking anyone who will pay
- Co-occurring disorders such as shopping and spending behavioural problems and past traumas or abuse are not identified
- See addiction myths
Want an Addiction Recovery Program that works? See Getting into the right addiction rehab centre.
How long does rehab take?
Patients are usually admitted into treatment at a private clinic or hospital from four weeks to 6 months, depending on the severity of the addiction. The best results are achieved when people stay in treatment for at least 12 weeks. Detox can take place before admission or on arrival alongside other therapies. More.
A 'normal' day in rehab
Days will differ from rehab to rehab and exercise disorder/addiction to addiction. However, most rehabs in Orkney Islands will follow a similar pattern.
A significant focus during treatment is on achieving clarity about the issues, people and surroundings in your life that have fuelled the desire to abuse drugs or alcohol/problems with gambling, internet, love, sex and shopping.
Sleeping in is not part of the programme. You get up early, get dressed, attend breakfast. Some clinics have morning meditation. Some clinics ask patients to clear away breakfast things on a rota.
- Breakfast is followed by group (often 90 minutes)
- Another Group (60 minutes)
- One to one session or Group ;(60 minutes)
- Group, yoga or Pilates session or lecture ;(60 minutes)
- Possible meeting with your consultant, social worker, help team
- There is often written step or life story work to do
Evening time: Normally patients are bused to a meeting of AA, NA, or relevant 12 step programme.
Diet: Several rehabs have adopted nutritional diets to combat mental health issues. There may be an absence of sugar and caffeine. Smoking is still allowed outside as it is said that clients would not attend otherwise.
Devices: In some clinics phones or laptops use is forbidden or discouraged. Bear in mind that a person with internet or a gaming addiction may find other patient using their devices triggering.
Visitor/family contact: It was common for patients to be advised to limit any or all contact with friends or family during the first week of treatment. Again this differs by provider. NHS rehabs are often further from your home in Brough as there are limited local resources which can make visiting difficult.
Can I leave my exercise addiction treatment? Yes, there are not secure facilities.
Can I come back? Not always, the NHS is sometimes stricter, if you drink or use you may be barred from returning either, at all, or within 48 hours.
Effective treatment solutions:
- Art group therapy
- Creative writing therapy
- Drumming therapy
- Equine therapy
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Mindfulness Meditation & Relaxation Therapy
Call 0808 115 0608 today and get the help you need now.
Cost of rehab
Costs can range from £2,000 per week for a basic service to around £10,000 per week for a boutique service. Some clinics charge extras that have to be covered separately and which you may not anticipate in advance. More on Costs.
I can’t afford to go to rehab, what do I do?
The Executive Rehab Guide understand that every circumstance is different.
That’s why our package stays are competitively priced and have been voted the most affordable in recent years.
Ways to pay:
We offer our patients many different ways to pay for their treatment, you can cover the cost of your treatment with:
- Private Medical Insurer (BUPA)
- Pay-as-you go finance plans
- Weekly payments
- Discounts of long-term stays
The best location for treatment
Finding the best rehab programme for food/mental health difficulties is vital to long-term success. But where, close or far?
Every alcoholic is different. However, most doctors often recommend that removing addicts away from their local environment where they may have drunk, used or acted out is probably sensible.
It is better that the location is quiet and has an atmosphere that is both calm, peaceful and still 100% recovery-focused. However, that does not mean that city rehabs do not have appeal.
The difficulty with towns and city location is that offer easy access to alcohol and drugs, whereas locations without shops and fewer people make accessing substances that little bit harder. Perhaps this could be the difference between a moment's weakness leading to relapse or sobriety.
Recommended rehabs. One rehab that ticks all of these boxes is Castle Craig based outside Edinburgh. Only a 4-hour train ride or less from Orkney Islands. Over 10,000 patients have passed through our doors since 1988, and the majority have gone on to achieve, long-term abstinent recovery from their addictions. Another is Smarmore Castle in Ireland.
Why Castle Craig?
- Recommended exercise addiction treatment
- Established in 1988
- Immediate admission to your food addiction treatment
- Motivational Interviewing
- Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- 98.5% of patients from Castle Craig stated that they felt safe during their stay in hospital
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Many of the people we have helped have started their journey with us feeling hopeless, anxious, and severely depressed. We are here to help.
If you feel like you have lost your sense of control, and alcohol and drugs are having a detrimental impact on your life, it can be difficult to know where to begin when it comes to getting help.
If you have decided to attend a rehab centre, you are no longer in denial, and you have completed half of the battle.
Rehabs and addiction resources for Brough/Orkney Islands include
- www.alcoholandyou.org Alcohol and you
- www.alcoholconcern.org.uk Alcohol Concern
- www.addictionscounsellinginverness.org Addictions Counselling Inverness
- www.alcohol-focus-scotland.org.uk Alcohol Focus Scotland
- www.alcoholinformation.isdscotland.org Alcohol Information Scotland
- www.downyourdrink.org.uk Down Your Drink
- www.drinkaware.co.uk Drinkaware
- www.ukna.org Narcotics Anonymous
- www.scotland.police.uk Police Scotland
- www.sdf.org.uk Scottish Drugs Forum
According to studies involving clinical experts and scientists, alcohol is considered to be the most harmful drug due its indirect effects involving other people, followed by heroin and cocaine. Alcohol is also considered to be the third most harmful in terms of effects directly impacting the user, after heroin and cocaine.Other local areas: Thorpe Green, Bishopbriggs, Penparc, Salen, Tillington, Trimley St Martin, Gallowhill, Lackagh, Knockcloghrim, Dowlais Top, Sutton Crosses and Ceunant.
FAQs/residential obsessive compulsive disorder (cod) treatment
Please note Castle Craig does not treat sex addiction, however, treatment is available at other recommended UK rehabs.