Are you ready to stop drinking? Alcoholism affects people of any race, sex, and class in Wales. If you have a problem with alcohol, either binge drinking or excessive drinking there's a wide range of mental health services that can help.
Treatments offered for alcoholism may start with an intervention, discussion on 'moderation vs abstinence' and possibly the opinions of inpatient (inpatient rehab centre) or outpatient treatment (therapy), a detox may be required. A good 90 day alcohol treatment program with talking therapy, counselling and expertise in addiction is also a good step forward. Keeping the alcoholic apart from alcohol and all the triggers associated with acting out can mean hospitalisation or 90 day alcohol treatment program is the best solution. Not admitting to a drinking problem (denial) can often be an effective barrier to getting help for alcoholics.
We Have Found nine drug or alcohol rehabilitation providers near Port Talbot
The aim of the Executive Rehab Guide is to equip you with the very best a flexible knowledge and tools you need to confidently tackle alcohol problems proactively in Cadoxton Juxta Neath and at the earliest possible stage to avoid further damage to your performance at work and/or your relationships.
We are a free help and assessment guide for selecting the right 90 day alcohol treatment program which can help you with advice for accessing rehab in Port Talbot that is tailored to your alcohol/mental health problems. Complete confidentiality is guaranteed.
At our Rehab Guide, we know that more prevalent addictions, including alcohol and drug problems, as well as other behavioural addictions such as gambling, internet, love, sex and shopping can have a detrimental impact on a life.
If you are committed to changing your life?
Get confidential help 24/7. Call 0808 1150 446 now. Access the top 90 day alcohol treatment programs with the best qualified psychiatrists. Access professional, caring, supportive guidance and learn about the many financial assistance options.
No matter where you live in Port Talbot, many tried and tested 12-step facilitys can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
What does a rehab do? a reputable one week alcohol rehab close by Cynonville?
You will receive:
- Drug & Alcohol Rehabilitation
- Personalised rehabilitation programme
- Bespoke day case options
- inpatient alcohol rehab centre offers a Safe and Supportive Environment
- Motivational Interviewing
- Look, feel, sleep better & regain confidence
- Proven counselling treatments
- Immediate admission to a safe and nurturing environment
- Effective detox, you don't have to go cold-turkey
- Aftercare and ongoing therapies
Guide to UK rehab
Wherever you live in Port Talbot or Wales, there is the perfect long-term Residential rehab that can help you recover from your addiction. We'll help you find it.
The process of getting into rehab
NHS rehab Process: Your GP in Pontardawe is a good place to start. They can discuss your alcohol problems with you and help get you the right inpatient alcohol rehab centre in Port Talbot.
Private rehab Process
Skip The Waiting List. Self-funding: you can self refer. This means literally call or turn up at your 90 day alcohol treatment program of choice with a credit card. See admissions.
Health insurance: choose your rehab and then ask GP to write a referral letter for you to take away. Alternatively, ask the doctor of advice on which hospital or clinic he recommends. More.
Arriving at the treatment centre
This will differ at different facilities but it is much the same everywhere
- You will be assessed so that your treatment needs and medical requirements are understood and a treatment plan is created
- You may need to detox
- You may be assigned a consultant psychiatrist near Cadoxton Juxta Neath. They are in overall charge of your care and medication plan. They may make suggestions based on your diagnosis for additional medication or individual therapy on top of group work
- You may then assigned to a group of other patients etc.
- You are then possibly assigned a therapist or support worker/nurse locally in Port Talbot
- You may be given 12 step recovery literature
- You are probably shown your room which you may have to share
- You might then meet the rest of the addicts
Everyone is very friendly. The staff in Port Talbot have seen it all before so you are just another addict trying to recover. As patients, you are all in the same boat as everyone feels as raw and vulnerable as each other so making friends is normally easy.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
A 'normal' day in rehab
Days will differ from rehab to rehab and alcohol/addiction to addiction. However, most rehabs in Port Talbot will follow a similar pattern.
A significant focus during treatment is on achieving clarity about the issues, people and surroundings in your life that have fuelled the desire to abuse drugs or alcohol/problems with gaming, sex or food.
Sleeping in is not part of the programme. You get up early, get dressed, attend breakfast. Some clinics have morning meditation. Some clinics ask patients to clear away breakfast things on a rota.
- Breakfast is followed by group (often 90 minutes)
- Another Group (60 minutes)
- One to one session or Group ;(60 minutes)
- Group, yoga or Pilates session or lecture ;(60 minutes)
- Possible meeting with your consultant, social worker, help team
- There is often written step or life story work to do
Evening time: Normally patients are bused to a meeting of AA, NA, or relevant 12 step programme.
Diet: Several rehabs have adopted nutritional diets to combat mental health issues. There may be an absence of sugar and caffeine. Smoking is still allowed outside as it is said that alcoholics/addicts would not attend otherwise.
Devices: In some clinics phones or laptops use is forbidden or discouraged. Bear in mind that a person with internet or a gaming addiction may find other patient using their devices triggering.
Visitor/family contact: It was common for patients to be advised to limit any or all contact with friends or family during the first week of treatment. Again this differs by provider. NHS rehabs are often further from your home in Cadoxton Juxta Neath as there are limited local resources which can make visiting difficult.
Can I leave my 90 day alcohol treatment program? Yes, there are not secure facilities.
Can I come back? Not always, the NHS is sometimes stricter, if you drink or use you may be barred from returning either, at all, or within 48 hours.
Effective treatment solutions:
- Art group therapy
- Creative writing therapy
- Drumming therapy
- Equine therapy
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Mindfulness Meditation & Relaxation Therapy
Call 0808 115 0608 today and get the help you need now.
Cost of rehab
Costs can range from £2,000 per week for a basic service to around £10,000 per week for a boutique service. Some clinics charge extras which have to be covered separately and which you may not anticipate in advance. More on Costs.
The best Rehab Location
Finding the best rehab programme for alcohol issues is vital to long-term success. But where close or far? Every alcoholic is different. However, most doctors often recommend that removing clients away from their local environment where they may have drunk, used or acted out is probably recommended.
It is better that the location is quiet and has an atmosphere that is both calm, peaceful and still 100% recovery-focused. However, that does not mean that city rehabs do not have appeal.
The difficulty with towns and city location is that offer easy access to alcohol and drugs, whereas locations without shops and fewer people make accessing substances that little bit harder. Perhaps this could be the difference between a moment's weakness leading to relapse or sobriety.
Recommended rehabs. One rehab that ticks all of these boxes is Castle Craig based outside Edinburgh. Only a 4-hour train ride or less from Port Talbot. Over 10,000 patients have passed through our doors since 1988, and the majority have gone on to achieve, long-term abstinent recovery from their addictions. Another is Smarmore Castle in Ireland.
Why rehab works
- Leading 90 day alcohol treatment program
- Effective psychological interventions including cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- One-to-one counselling
- A Focus on both mental and physical Health
- Highly recommended
- Family telephone helpline
- Detox medication & treatments
- Castle Craig's team is made up of qualified psychiatrists, psychologists, addiction therapists and other mental health professionals
- 94% of alcoholics/addicts from the Castle Craig Addiction Treatment Programme would recommend us to a friend or family member
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Executive Rehab provides people suffering from substance addictions and co-occurring issues such as depression and anxiety professional guidance on solutions to their problems.
Residential treatment aims to support you through the initial stages of detox, and equip you with the tools you need for long term abstinence. More.
For detailed information visit the Castle Craig website.
Aftercare can involve:
- Continuing counselling or group therapy
- Regular check-in meetings with a programme
- Avoid triggers that previously resulted in your substance use; whether that is certain people, situations or stress from over-working
- Referring regularly to the 12 Step Programme
- Getting enough sleep
- Regular exercise
- Maintaining a nutritious diet
Rehabs and addiction resources for Cadoxton Juxta Neath/Port Talbot include
alcohol addiction often results sexual exposure (particularly among young UK women) and the possibility of contracting sexually transmitted diseasesOther local areas: Brading, Derrylin, Blowick, Cwm, Busveal, Patching, Old Westhall, Pant, Clapham, Cae gors, Mayobridge and South Blainslie.
FAQs/one week alcohol rehab
Can't find what you're looking for? Call now: 0808 1150 446
Please note Castle Craig does not treat sex addiction, however, treatment is available at other recommended UK rehabs.