Drug addiction: getting help
Although being addicted to drugs is becoming more common it is a serious condition that often requires urgent inpatient treatment in hospital. With the right help and support, you can get drug free.
At our Rehab Guide, we are dedicated to delivering individually tailored drug addiction treatment, therapy & support in Staffordshire based residential video game addiction cares near Rakes Dale.
Commonly abused drugs include Crack cocaine, cocaine, ecstasy (MDMA), heroin, LSD, ketamine, magic mushrooms, methadone, methamphetamine (crystal meth) and of course cannabis.
Commonly abused prescription medication include Oxycodone, Hydrocodone/Vicodin, Fentanyl, Codeine, Co-codamol, Tramadol and benzodiazepines (benzos), Diazepam/valium, Alprazolam/Xanex, Chlordiazepoxide/Librium, Zolpidem, Ritalin, Adderall and Dexedrine.
Abusing these drugs can lead to becoming physically and psychologically dependent.
We Have Found a number Treatment Facilities in Staffordshire
The aim of executive-rehab-guide.co.uk is to equip you with the very best knowledge and tools you need to confidently tackle gaming problems proactively in Tamworth and at the earliest possible stage to avoid further damage to your work performance and/or your relationships.
We are a free help and assessment guide for selecting the right residential video game addiction care which can help you receive the best alcohol, drug, substance or behavioural addiction treatment in Staffordshire that is tailored to your problems with alcohol. Complete confidentiality is guaranteed.
Get confidential help 24/7. Call 0808 1150 446 now. Access the top residential video game addiction cares with the best qualified psychiatrists. Access professional, caring, supportive guidance and learn about the many financial assistance options.
No matter where you live in Staffordshire, many easily accessible alcohol rehabilitation clinics can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Searching for more information a long term drug rehabilitation close by Rakes Dale?
You will receive:
- Established in 1988
- Proven counselling treatments
- Detox medication & treatments
- alcohol rehabilitation clinic promotes the 90 days 'Gold Standard',
- They arrange everything
- You won't have to feel alone anymore
- Overcome the root causes of addiction
- With drug or alcohol rehabilitation providers there are no delays or waiting lists, which means you can be admitted immediately and start your recovery as soon as you're ready to beat addiction.
- Coca registered
- Advanced levels of care at alcohol rehabilitation clinic
Guide to getting better fast
Wherever you live in Staffordshire or England, there is the perfect inpatient rehab centre that can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Starting the rehab process
NHS rehab Process: A GP is a good place to start. They can discuss your alcohol problems with you and get you into treatment. They may offer you treatment at the practice or refer you to your local drug service. If you're not comfortable talking to a GP, you can approach your local alcohol treatment service yourself.
Private rehab Process
Self-funding: you can self refer. This means you can literally call and book, or simply turn up with a credit card to your residential video game addiction care of choice. See admissions.
Health insurance: choose your rehab and then ask GP to write a referral letter for you to take away. Alternatively, ask the doctor of advice on which hospital or clinic he recommends. More.
Arriving at the treatment centre
This will differ at different facilities but it is much the same everywhere
- You will be assessed so that your treatment needs and medical requirements are understood and a treatment plan is created
- You may need to detox
- You may be assigned a consultant psychiatrist near Tamworth. They are in overall charge of your care and medication plan. They may make suggestions based on your diagnosis for additional medication or individual therapy on top of group work
- You may then assigned to a group of other addicts etc.
- You are then possibly assigned a therapist or support worker/nurse locally in Staffordshire
- You may be given 12 step recovery literature
- You are probably shown your room which you may have to share
- You might then meet the rest of the patients
Everyone is very friendly. The staff in Staffordshire have seen it all before so you are just another addict trying to recover. As patients, you are all in the same boat as everyone feels as raw and vulnerable as each other so making friends is normally easy.
Components of a rehab programme
Call now: 0808 1150 446
A typical day in rehab
Days will differ from rehab to rehab and gaming/addiction to addiction. However, most rehabs in Staffordshire will follow a similar pattern.
A significant focus during treatment is on achieving clarity about the issues, people and surroundings in your life that have fuelled the desire to abuse drugs or alcohol/problems with gambling, internet, and sex.
Sleeping in is not part of the programme. You get up early, get dressed, attend breakfast. Some clinics have morning meditation. Some clinics ask patients to clear away breakfast things on a rota.
- Breakfast is followed by group (often 90 minutes)
- Another Group (60 minutes)
- One to one session or Group (60 minutes)
- Group, yoga or Pilates session or lecture; (60 minutes)
- Possible meeting with your consultant, social worker, help team
- There is often written step or life story work to do
Evening time: Normally patients are bused to a meeting of AA, NA or relevant 12 step programmes.
Diet: A number of rehabs have adopted nutritional diets to combat mental health issues. There may be an absence of sugar and caffeine. Smoking is still allowed outside as it is said that alcoholics/addicts would not attend otherwise.
Devices: In some clinics phones or laptops use is forbidden or discouraged. Bear in mind that a person with internet or a gaming addiction may find other patient using their devices triggering.
Visitor/family contact: It was common for patients to be advised to limit any or all contact with friends or family during the first week of treatment. Again this differs by provider. NHS rehabs are often further from your home in Tamworth as there are limited local resources which can make visiting difficult.
Can I leave: Yes, these are not secure facilities or locked wards.
Can I come back? Not always, the NHS is sometimes stricter, if you drink or use you may be barred from returning either, at all or within 48 hours.
Cost of rehab
Costs can range from £2,000 per week for a basic service to around £10,000 per week for a boutique service. Some clinics charge extras that have to be covered separately and which you may not anticipate in advance. More on Costs.
I can’t afford to go to rehab, what do I do?
The Executive Rehab Guide understand that every circumstance is different.
That’s why our package stays are competitively priced and have been voted the most affordable in recent years.
Ways to pay:
We offer our patients many different ways to pay for their treatment, you can cover the cost of your treatment with:
- Private Medical Insurer (BUPA)
- Pay-as-you go finance plans
- Weekly payments
- Discounts of long-term stays
Ideal Rehab Location
Finding the best rehab programme for issues and mental health problems caused by alcohol is vital to long-term success. But where close or far? Every alcoholic is different. However, most therapists often recommend that removing alcoholics away from their local environment where they may have drunk, used or acted out is probably sensible.
It is better that the location is quiet and has an atmosphere that is both calm, peaceful and still 100% recovery-focused. However, that does not mean that city rehabs do not have appeal.
The difficulty with towns and city location is that offer easy access to alcohol and drugs, whereas locations without shops and fewer people make accessing substances that little bit harder. Perhaps this could be the difference between a moment's weakness leading to relapse or sobriety.
Recommended rehabs. One rehab that ticks all of these boxes is Castle Craig based outside Edinburgh. Only a 4-hour train ride or less from Staffordshire. Over 10,000 patients have passed through our doors since 1988, and the majority have gone on to achieve, long-term abstinent recovery from their addictions. Another is Smarmore Castle in Ireland.
Why are patient choosing Castle Craig
- Leading residential video game addiction care
- Aftercare and ongoing therapies
- Treatment to suit all budgets
- Residential and medically supported withdrawal (detox)
- CQC Registered
- Offer after care and ongoing support
- Set Goals and Build New Habits
- Tailored recovery plans
- Castle Craig's treatment is independently and scientifically proven to work. More.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Executive Rehab provides people suffering from substance addictions and co-occurring issues such as depression and anxiety professional guidance on solutions to their problems.
Residential treatment aims to support you through the initial stages of detox, and equip you with the tools you need for long term abstinence. More.
For detailed information visit the Castle Craig website.
Aftercare can involve:
- Continuing counselling or group therapy
- Regular check-in meetings with a programme
- Avoid triggers that previously resulted in your substance use; whether that is certain people, situations or stress from over-working
- Referring regularly to the 12 Step Programme
- Getting enough sleep
- Regular exercise
- Maintaining a nutritious diet
Staffordshire alcohol addiction resources
- www.alcoholandyou.org Alcohol and you
- www.alcoholconcern.org.uk Alcohol Concern
- www.addictionscounsellinginverness.org Addictions Counselling Inverness
- www.alcohol-focus-scotland.org.uk Alcohol Focus Scotland
- www.alcoholinformation.isdscotland.org Alcohol Information Scotland
- www.drinkaware.co.uk Drinkaware
- www.ukna.org Narcotics Anonymous
- www.scotland.police.uk Police Scotland
- www.sdf.org.uk Scottish Drugs Forum
alcohol and drug problems often results sexual exposure (particularly among young UK women) and the possibility of contracting sexually transmitted diseasesOther local areas: Pharis, Llancadle, Mount Pleasant, Derrylin, Bicknoller, Ballymacrevan, Edwinstowe, Purdysburn, Dromara, Rathven, Pont Rhyd y cyff and Chapel Field.
Can't find what you're looking for? Call now: 0808 1150 446
Please note Castle Craig does not treat sex addiction, however, treatment is available at other recommended UK rehabs.