Becoming addicted to the internet and social media is becoming more and more common. At our Rehab Guide, we are dedicated to delivering individually tailored addiction treatment, therapy & support in Surrey based gambling addiction rehabs.
We Have Found multiple rehabs
The aim of Castle Craig is to equip you with the very best a long term knowledge and tools you need to confidently tackle gambling problems proactively in St George's Hill and at the earliest possible stage to avoid further damage to your work and/or your relationships.
We are a free help and assessment guide for selecting the right gambling addiction rehab which can help you with advice for accessing rehab in Surrey that is tailored to your gambling/mental health difficulties. Complete confidentiality is guaranteed.
At executive-rehab-guide.co.uk, we understand that substance addiction, including alcohol addiction, as well as other behavioural addictions such as internet, love and sex and shopping can have a negative impact on all of a person's life.
If it's YOUR SON or DAUGHTER or SOMEONE YOU LOVE?
Get confidential help 24/7. Call 0808 1150 446 now. Access the top gambling addiction rehabs with the best counsellors. Access professional, caring, supportive guidance and learn about the many financial assistance options.
No matter where you live in Surrey, many easily accessible inpatient treatment centres can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Want more information on a tried and tested internet addiction rehab close by Lower Bourne?
You will receive:
- You get guilt-free self-care at the bipolar disorder treatment you choose
- Support for family members at your bipolar disorder treatment
- Consultation about the problem and feedback provided on recovery
- Learn techniques for relapse prevention
- Arrangement for help with medical problems
- One-to-one therapy
- 7 - 10 day medically assisted withdrawal detoxification for drug and alcohol addictions, if this is required
- Aftercare & ongoing therapies
- En-suite Rooms available at your bipolar disorder treatment
- Their support teams can help during your difficult moments
Get in Touch Today
For professionals looking to make a referral click here.
Guide to recovery
Perhaps you are looking for the most effective addiction help for you or an employee who may have issues and mental health problems caused by depression. We understand that this is very difficult for you to ask for help and advice for you or your family.
No matter where you live in Surrey or England, there is the perfect addiction rehab centre that can help you recover from your addiction. We'll help you find it. Our trained addiction admission staff are on hand 24 hours a day.
We are here to help. To book into your Surrey drug or alcohol rehab clinic of choice, call 0808 1150 446, we can offer advice on all aspects of accessing the right treatment for your depression difficulties.
The calls are free and there is no-obligation to purchase or commit to anything. The helpline is run by Castle Craig, one of the oldest and best long-term Residential rehabs in the UK.
Starting the rehab process
NHS rehab Process: A GP is a good place to start. They can discuss your depression problems with you and get you into treatment. They may offer you treatment at the practice or refer you to your local drug service. If you're not comfortable talking to a GP, you can approach your local depression treatment service yourself.
Private rehab Process
Self-funding: you can self refer. This means you can literally call and book, or simply turn up with a credit card to your gambling addiction rehab of choice. See admissions.
Health insurance: choose your rehab and then ask GP to write a referral letter for you to take away. Alternatively, ask the doctor of advice on which hospital or clinic he recommends. More.
Arriving at the treatment centre
This will differ at different facilities but it is much the same everywhere
- You will be assessed so that your treatment needs and medical requirements are understood and a treatment plan is created
- You may need to detox
- You may be assigned a consultant psychiatrist near St George's Hill. They are in overall charge of your care and medication plan. They may make suggestions based on your diagnosis for additional medication or individual therapy on top of group work
- You may then assigned to a group of other addicts etc.
- You are then possibly assigned a therapist or support worker/nurse locally in Surrey
- You may be given 12 step recovery literature
- You are probably shown your room which you may have to share
- You might then meet the rest of the patients
Everyone is very friendly. The staff in Surrey have seen it all before so you are just another addict trying to recover. As patients, you are all in the same boat as everyone feels as raw and vulnerable as each other so making friends is normally easy.
Components of a rehab programme
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Does rehab work in Surrey?
Yes it does. There is a strong evidence base to support the treatment methods used at Castle Craig, as well as in support of residential rehabilitation treatment for gambling/addictions.
What Are The Success Rates? "Compared to going it alone, alcoholics/addicts who attend rehab are 5 times more likely to recover"
What's it like? Click here for more information.
Two reasons why rehabs work so well
Tailored Treatment: Private clinics in Surrey tend to use a bespoke treatment model rather than a one-size-fits-all approach. Many alcoholics have co-occurring issues like gender dysphoria or body dysmorphic disorders. Addiction is often seen as a response to inner turmoil.
The ability to custom tailor a treatment plan enables clinic staff to achieve maximum benefits from every therapy chosen. Remember time is limited to 28-days if you have health insurance.
Every patient receiving treatment at a UK residential facility is part of a group that is constantly in one another presence, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Ownership: The treatment provided through hospital forces clients to take ownership of their circumstances, feeling, actions and relationships as opposed to blaming others.
Without anyone or anything else to blame, he or she must come to terms with the fact that they alone are responsible for changing their addictive behaviour AND they are responsible for their own recovery.
"We have our daughter back 4 years clean and sober thanks to the understanding, support and advice we received. Words cannot convey our gratitude. Good not be drinking." Karlee July 2018 Surrey
Why rehab might not work:
- Lax screening process, i.e. taking anyone who will pay
- Lack of support system at the patient's home near Send Grove
- See addiction myths
Want an Addiction Recovery Program that works? See Getting into the right residential rehab.
How long does rehab take?
The duration of your gambling addiction rehab stay will depend on the severity of your dependency, your own commitment, family support and willingness to live a life free from dependency, and the amount of time and money you have available to spend. If you have insurance then it will generally be 28-days.
Generally, the longer the rehab programme the less likely you are to relapse. NHS rehab normally accommodates longer inpatient treatments sometimes up to a year. More.
Average UK inpatient times
- Detox: 7-10 days (Methadone/20 days and Benzodiazepines/2-8 weeks).
- Hospital residential treatment, general mental health issues, depression/anxiety etc.: 7-14 days
- Most common Addiction programme/residential treatment: 28-days
- long-term residential treatment: 90 days
- NHS funded treatment, non private: 3months - 1 year
- Long term Outpatient treatment (including treatment for gambling: 130 days
Call now: 0808 1150 446
A 'normal' day in rehab
Days will differ from rehab to rehab and gambling/addiction to addiction. However, most rehabs in Surrey will follow a similar pattern.
A significant focus during treatment is on achieving clarity about the issues, people and surroundings in your life that have fuelled the desire to abuse drugs or alcohol/problems with gambling, internet, and sex.
Sleeping in is not part of the programme. You get up early, get dressed, attend breakfast. Some clinics have morning meditation. Some clinics ask patients to clear away breakfast things on a rota.
- Breakfast is followed by group (often 90 minutes)
- Another Group (60 minutes)
- One to one session or Group ;(60 minutes)
- Group, yoga or Pilates session or lecture ;(60 minutes)
- Possible meeting with your consultant, social worker, help team
- There is often written step or life story work to do
Evening time: Normally patients are bused to a meeting of AA, NA, or relevant 12 step programme.
Diet: Several rehabs have adopted nutritional diets to combat mental health issues. There may be an absence of sugar and caffeine. Smoking is still allowed outside as it is said that addicts would not attend otherwise.
Devices: In some clinics phones or laptops use is forbidden or discouraged. Bear in mind that a person with internet or a gaming addiction may find other patient using their devices triggering.
Visitor/family contact: It was common for patients to be advised to limit any or all contact with friends or family during the first week of treatment. Again this differs by provider. NHS rehabs are often further from your home in St George's Hill as there are limited local resources which can make visiting difficult.
Can I leave my gambling addiction rehab? Yes, there are not secure facilities.
Can I come back? Not always, the NHS is sometimes stricter, if you drink or use you may be barred from returning either, at all, or within 48 hours.
Effective treatment solutions:
- Art group therapy
- Creative writing therapy
- Drumming therapy
- Equine therapy
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Mindfulness Meditation & Relaxation Therapy
Call 0808 115 0608 today and get the help you need now.
Cost of rehab
Costs can range from £2,000 per week for a basic service to around £10,000 per week for a boutique service. Some clinics charge extras which have to be covered separately and which you may not anticipate in advance. More on Costs.
Ideal location for treatment
Finding the best rehab programme for problems with depression is vital to long-term success. But where, close or far?
Every alcoholic/addict is different. However, most consultants often recommend that removing addicts away from their local environment where they may have drunk, used or acted out is probably recommended.
It is better that the location is quiet and has an atmosphere that is both calm, peaceful and still 100% recovery-focused. However, that does not mean that city rehabs do not have appeal.
The difficulty with towns and city location is that offer easy access to alcohol and drugs, whereas locations without shops and fewer people make accessing substances that little bit harder. Perhaps this could be the difference between a moment's weakness leading to relapse or sobriety.
Recommended rehabs. One rehab that ticks all of these boxes is Castle Craig based outside Edinburgh. Only a 4-hour train ride or less from Surrey. Over 10,000 patients have passed through our doors since 1988, and the majority have gone on to achieve, long-term abstinent recovery from their addictions. Another is Smarmore Castle in Ireland.
Why Castle Craig?
- Recommended gambling addiction rehab
- One of the largest rehabs in the UK
- Tailored recovery plans
- Support for family members.
- Family telephone helpline
- 61% of those who attended treatment at Castle Craig were totally abstinent from all drugs or alcohol at follow-up (after 67 weeks). More.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Local addiction resources
Smarmore Castle Private Clinic
Smarmore near Ardee County Louth Ireland A92 YY22
- www.alcoholandyou.org Alcohol and you
- www.alcoholconcern.org.uk Alcohol Concern
- www.addictionscounsellinginverness.org Addictions Counselling Inverness
- www.alcohol-focus-scotland.org.uk Alcohol Focus Scotland
- www.alcoholinformation.isdscotland.org Alcohol Information Scotland
- www.drinkaware.co.uk Drinkaware
- www.ukna.org Narcotics Anonymous
- www.scotland.police.uk Police Scotland
- www.sdf.org.uk Scottish Drugs Forum
Getting a loved one into rehab: you may need to implement a strategy of what seems like 'tough love', which involves letting them know the course of action you will take if they refuse to get help"Other local areas: Glynn, Bilson Green, Lower Largo, Craigleith, Gentleshaw, Tolleshunt Knights, Dunloy, Chapel Brampton, Wigan, Netherplace, Giffnock and Prior Park.
Ignoring Problems Can Lead to Serious Consequences
It's a fact that that in 2019/20 in England, around 40% of people who successfully completed drug or alcohol rehabilitation centre did not return within 6 months.
Please note Castle Craig does not treat sex addiction, however, treatment is available at other recommended UK rehabs.