We have found that shopping is a relatively common behavioural addiction. the Executive Rehab Guide can connect you with the best local service in West Lothian that can deliver personalised treatment programmes designed to address the reasons and emotions behind compulsive buying and shopping addiction.
Successful treatment programmes to treat shopping addiction comprise of medication, counselling and therapy often within a clinical environment.
We have found two Treatment Facilities near West Lothian and Tre gynwr
The aim of Castle Craig is to equip you with the best resources you need to confidently tackle drug & alcohol problems proactively in Kirknewton and at the earliest possible stage to avoid further damage to your performance at work and/or your relationships.
We are a free help and assessment guide for selecting the right drug & alcohol rehabilitation which can help you with an addiction or a mental health issue that is tailored to your drug & alcohol/mental health problems. Complete confidentiality is guaranteed.
Get confidential help 24/7. Call 0808 1150 446 now. Access the top drug & alcohol rehabilitations with the best qualified psychiatrists. Access professional, caring, supportive guidance and learn about the many financial assistance options.
No matter where you live in West Lothian, many first class inpatient rehab centres can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Searching for a well-known shopping addiction treatment centre close to Paulville?
You will receive:
- internet, love and sex and shopping rehabilitation
- Family and couples programmes
- Your assessment will be*completely confidential*
- You get round-the-clock professional support
- Holistic therapies
- Access to hundreds of drug & alcohol rehab centres
- 7 - 10 day medically assisted withdrawal detoxification for drug and alcohol addictions, if this is required
- Individualised or tailored treatment that best matches the needs of a addicts can be provided in a Short-term residential rehab. This ensures the patients's recovery is more comprehensive, as no aspect of their addiction is left untreated.
- You're much more likely to recover if you complete rehab at rehab
- detox centre offers a Safe and Supportive Environment
Get in Touch Today
For professionals looking to make a referral click here.
Where to start
Perhaps you are looking for specialist addiction help for you or a friend who may have issues and mental health problems caused by alcohol or drugs. We understand that this is very difficult for you to ask for help and advice.
No matter where you live in West Lothian or Scotland, there is the perfect drug or alcohol rehabilitation centre that can help you recover from your addiction. We'll help you find it. Our trained addiction counsellors are on hand 24 hours a day.
We are here to help. Call 0808 1150 446, we can offer advice on all aspects of accessing the right treatment for your problems with alcohol or drugs.
The calls are free and there is no-obligation to purchase or commit to anything. The helpline is run by Castle Craig, one of the oldest and best residential care for alcohol or drug misuse in the UK. Complete confidentiality is guaranteed.
The process of getting into rehab
NHS rehab Process: First stop is GP. Ask to be referred for both counselling sessions for your alcohol or drugs/addiction and to a local drug and alcohol team nearest to you in West Lothian. Although NHS resources are limited, it is still possible to receive funding for treatment.
Private rehab Process
Skip The Waiting List. Self-funding: you can self refer. This means literally call or turn up at your drug & alcohol rehabilitation of choice with a credit card. See admissions.
Health insurance: choose your rehab and then ask GP to write a referral letter for you to take away. Alternatively, ask the doctor of advice on which hospital or clinic he recommends. More.
Arriving at the treatment centre
This will differ at different facilities but it is much the same everywhere
- You will be assessed so that your treatment needs and medical requirements are understood and a treatment plan is created
- You may need to detox
- You may be assigned a consultant psychiatrist near Kirknewton. They are in overall charge of your care and medication plan. They may make suggestions based on your diagnosis for additional medication or individual therapy on top of group work
- You may then assigned to a group of other alcoholics etc.
- You are then possibly assigned a therapist or support worker/nurse locally in West Lothian
- You may be given 12 step recovery literature
- You are probably shown your room which you may have to share
- You might then meet the rest of the alcoholics/addicts
Everyone is very friendly. The staff in West Lothian have seen it all before so you are just another addict trying to recover. As patients, you are all in the same boat as everyone feels as raw and vulnerable as each other so making friends is normally easy.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
A typical day in rehab
Days will differ from rehab to rehab and drug & alcohol/addiction to addiction. However, most rehabs in West Lothian will follow a similar pattern.
A significant focus during treatment is on achieving clarity about the issues, people and surroundings in your life that have fuelled the desire to abuse drugs or alcohol/problems with gambling, internet, and sex.
Sleeping in is not part of the programme. You get up early, get dressed, attend breakfast. Some clinics have morning meditation. Some clinics ask patients to clear away breakfast things on a rota.
- Breakfast is followed by group (often 90 minutes)
- Another Group (60 minutes)
- One to one session or Group (60 minutes)
- Group, yoga or Pilates session or lecture; (60 minutes)
- Possible meeting with your consultant, social worker, help team
- There is often written step or life story work to do
Evening time: Normally patients are bused to a meeting of AA, NA or relevant 12 step programmes.
Diet: A number of rehabs have adopted nutritional diets to combat mental health issues. There may be an absence of sugar and caffeine. Smoking is still allowed outside as it is said that clients would not attend otherwise.
Devices: In some clinics phones or laptops use is forbidden or discouraged. Bear in mind that a person with internet or a gaming addiction may find other patient using their devices triggering.
Visitor/family contact: It was common for patients to be advised to limit any or all contact with friends or family during the first week of treatment. Again this differs by provider. NHS rehabs are often further from your home in Kirknewton as there are limited local resources which can make visiting difficult.
Can I leave: Yes, these are not secure facilities or locked wards.
Can I come back? Not always, the NHS is sometimes stricter, if you drink or use you may be barred from returning either, at all or within 48 hours.
Cost of rehab
Costs can range from £2,000 per week for a basic service to around £10,000 per week for a boutique service. Some clinics charge extras which have to be covered separately and which you may not anticipate in advance. More on Costs.
Ideal location for treatment
Finding the best rehab programme for alcohol or drugs difficulties is vital to long-term success. But where, close or far?
Every alcoholic is different. However, most psychologists often recommend that removing alcoholics away from their local environment where they may have drunk, used or acted out is probably a good idea.
It is better that the location is quiet and has an atmosphere that is both calm, peaceful and still 100% recovery-focused. However, that does not mean that city rehabs do not have appeal.
The difficulty with towns and city location is that offer easy access to alcohol and drugs, whereas locations without shops and fewer people make accessing substances that little bit harder. Perhaps this could be the difference between a moment's weakness leading to relapse or sobriety.
Recommended rehabs. One rehab that ticks all of these boxes is Castle Craig based outside Edinburgh. Only a 4-hour train ride or less from West Lothian. Over 10,000 patients have passed through our doors since 1988, and the majority have gone on to achieve, long-term abstinent recovery from their addictions. Another is Smarmore Castle in Ireland.
Why Castle Craig?
- Recommended drug & alcohol rehabilitation
- Access to both on and off-site 12-Step support groups
- Your support teams can help during your difficult moments
- Look, feel, sleep better & regain confidence
- 24-hour care
- 61% of those who attended treatment at Castle Craig were totally abstinent from all drugs or alcohol at follow-up (after 67 weeks). More.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Many of the people we have helped have started their journey with us feeling hopeless, anxious, and severely depressed. We are here to help.
If you feel like you have lost your sense of control, and alcohol and drugs are having a detrimental impact on your life, it can be difficult to know where to begin when it comes to getting help.
If you have decided to attend a rehab centre, you are no longer in denial, and you have completed half of the battle.
West Lothian drug addiction resources
For those living with a loved one who has a drink problem, it can feel like you are talking to a brick wall when it comes to encouraging them to get helpOther local areas: Alltwalis, Branston, Milltown, Rathfriland, Ballymena, Calverton, Oxgang, Wern Tarw, Treffynnon, Cowslip Green, Heol las and Corton.
FAQs/shopping addiction treatment centre
Please note Castle Craig does not treat sex addiction, however, treatment is available at other recommended UK rehabs.