If you have a problem with alcohol or drugs in West Midlands or persistent depression, there's a wide range of mental health services in England that can help you cope and recover. You are always entitled to seek private health care or NHS care in the same way as anyone else who has a physical health problem in Beechwood.
Treatments for depression include Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), Interpersonal therapy (IPT), Psychodynamic psychotherapy and general counselling. For severe depression with or without an addiction hospital or acute psychiatric hospital is a common recourse. Denial can often be an effective barrier to getting help for addicts.
Other common mental illnesses include anxiety disorders like anxiety & panic attacks, mood disorders/depression or cyclothymic disorder, psychotic disorders like having hallucinations, eating disorders/bulimia nervosa, personality disorders like paranoia and PTSD and CPTSD.
We have found multiple residential mental health care agencies near Beechwood
Welcome: With a range of alcohol detox centres that cater for West Midlands, Castle Craig will give you information on free counselling and support you need every stage of your recovery journey from issues and mental health problems caused by drug abuse.
At the Executive Rehab Guide, we are familiar with substance addiction, including alcoholism, as well as other behavioural addictions such as gambling, internet, love, sex and shopping can have an adverse impact on all areas of an addicts life.
Alcohol treatment options
Get confidential help 24/7. Call 0808 1150 446 now. Access the top acute psychiatric hospitals with the best doctors. Access professional, caring, supportive guidance and learn about the many financial assistance options.
No matter where you live in West Midlands, many professional addiction treatment centres can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Find more information on a very successful alcohol and drug treatment centre close to Beechwood?
You will receive:
- They arrange everything
- Direct access to treatment counsellors
- Individual 1:1 therapy and structured group therapy programmes
- drug alcohol rehabilitation's team is made up of qualified psychiatrists, psychologists, addiction therapists and other mental health professionals
- Holistic therapies
- Set Goals and Build New Habits
- Access to hundreds of drug & alcohol rehab centres
- Advanced levels of care at drug alcohol rehabilitation
- Out of the 10,000 patients, we have helped, 73% make a long-term recovery (Castle Craig)
- One of the largest rehabs in the UK
Guide to getting better fast
Wherever you live in West Midlands or England, there is the perfect drug alcohol rehabilitation that can help you recover from your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Starting the rehab process
NHS rehab Process: Your GP in Beechwood is a good place to start. They can discuss your drug abuse problems with you and help get you the right drug alcohol rehabilitation in West Midlands.
Private rehab Process
Self-funding: you can self refer. This means you can literally call and book, or simply turn up with a credit card to your acute psychiatric hospital of choice. See admissions.
Health insurance: choose your rehab and then ask GP to write a referral letter for you to take away. Alternatively, ask the doctor of advice on which hospital or clinic he recommends. More.
Arriving at the treatment centre
This will differ at different facilities but it is much the same everywhere
- You will be assessed so that your treatment needs and medical requirements are understood and a treatment plan is created
- You may need to detox
- You may be assigned a consultant psychiatrist near Beechwood. They are in overall charge of your care and medication plan. They may make suggestions based on your diagnosis for additional medication or individual therapy on top of group work
- You may then assigned to a group of other alcoholics/addicts etc.
- You are then possibly assigned a therapist or support worker/nurse locally in West Midlands
- You may be given 12 step recovery literature
- You are probably shown your room which you may have to share
- You might then meet the rest of the patients
Everyone is very friendly. The staff in West Midlands have seen it all before so you are just another addict trying to recover. As patients, you are all in the same boat as everyone feels as raw and vulnerable as each other so making friends is normally easy.
Components of a rehab programme
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Does rehab work in West Midlands?
Yes it does. There is a strong evidence base to support the treatment methods used at Castle Craig, as well as in support of residential rehabilitation treatment for alcohol or drugs/addictions.
What Are The Success Rates? "67% of alcoholics who attend rehab plus continued attendance at Alcoholics Anonymous in the patient's home community in Beechwood recovery."
What's it like? Click here for more information.
Two reasons why rehabs work so well
Aftercare: UK Statistics show that aftercare is an important component in achieving long-term abstinence. Recovering clients who do not receive appropriate aftercare are 10 times more likely to relapse within one year.
Ownership: The treatment provided through UK hospital forces addicts to take ownership of their circumstances, feelings/emotions, actions and relationships, as opposed to blaming others.
Without anyone or anything else to blame, he or she must come to terms with the fact that they alone are responsible for changing their addictive behaviour AND they are responsible for their own recovery. Rehab quickly teaches that those who try and get better for others will ultimately fail.
"If you think you can beat a drug addiction on the outside, think again. I couldn't. I needed inpatient. I needed tough love, structure. Really enjoy having a place to go to if things get bad again." Raylan February 2017 Bathgate
Why rehab might not work:
- Not enough time in treatment
- Lack of education for family and friends in Beechwood
- See addiction myths
Want an Addiction Recovery Program that works? See Getting into the right residential treatment centre.
There are many different ways to treat addiction, including weekly hour-long group discussion groups and full 12-week programme residential stays.
Usually, clients come to rehab when they have either a) exhausted all other options or b) are conscious that their case is severe enough that they require the full support of a residential programme.
One of the reasons why residential rehab is so much more effective than outpatient treatment alone is that it usually incorporates all of the benefits of outpatient treatment (group therapy, reintegration, a space to share your experience with a supportive community) while it also removes you from the everyday stresses that can often trigger substance use. or other behavioural addiction issues. More.
How else can going to a local acute psychiatric hospital help with?
- Other Substance addictions
- Sleep Disorders Treatment
- Sexual Dysfunction Treatment
- Anger and rage
- Agoraphobia Treatment
- Bipolar Disorder Treatment
Call now: 0808 1150 446
A 'normal' day in rehab
Days will differ from rehab to rehab and alcohol or drugs/addiction to addiction. However, most rehabs in West Midlands will follow a similar pattern.
A significant focus during treatment is on achieving clarity about the issues, people and surroundings in your life that have fuelled the desire to abuse drugs or alcohol/problems with shopping, sex or love.
Sleeping in is not part of the programme. You get up early, get dressed, attend breakfast. Some clinics have morning meditation. Some clinics ask patients to clear away breakfast things on a rota.
- Breakfast is followed by group (often 90 minutes)
- Another Group (60 minutes)
- One to one session or Group ;(60 minutes)
- Group, yoga or Pilates session or lecture ;(60 minutes)
- Possible meeting with your consultant, social worker, help team
- There is often written step or life story work to do
Evening time: Normally patients are bused to a meeting of AA, NA, or relevant 12 step programme.
Diet: Several rehabs have adopted nutritional diets to combat mental health issues. There may be an absence of sugar and caffeine. Smoking is still allowed outside as it is said that addicts would not attend otherwise.
Devices: In some clinics phones or laptops use is forbidden or discouraged. Bear in mind that a person with internet or a gaming addiction may find other patient using their devices triggering.
Visitor/family contact: It was common for patients to be advised to limit any or all contact with friends or family during the first week of treatment. Again this differs by provider. NHS rehabs are often further from your home in Beechwood as there are limited local resources which can make visiting difficult.
Can I leave my acute psychiatric hospital? Yes, there are not secure facilities.
Can I come back? Not always, the NHS is sometimes stricter, if you drink or use you may be barred from returning either, at all, or within 48 hours.
Effective treatment solutions:
- Art group therapy
- Creative writing therapy
- Drumming therapy
- Equine therapy
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Mindfulness Meditation & Relaxation Therapy
Call 0808 115 0608 today and get the help you need now.
Cost of rehab
Costs can range from £2,000 per week for a basic service to around £10,000 per week for a boutique service. Some clinics charge extras which have to be covered separately and which you may not anticipate in advance. More on Costs.
The best Rehab Location
Finding the best rehab programme for problems caused by drug abuse is vital to long-term success. But where close or far? Every addict is different. However, most therapists often recommend that removing alcoholics/addicts away from their local environment where they may have drunk, used or acted out is probably recommended.
It is better that the location is quiet and has an atmosphere that is both calm, peaceful and still 100% recovery-focused. However, that does not mean that city rehabs do not have appeal.
The difficulty with towns and city location is that offer easy access to alcohol and drugs, whereas locations without shops and fewer people make accessing substances that little bit harder. Perhaps this could be the difference between a moment's weakness leading to relapse or sobriety.
Recommended rehabs. One rehab that ticks all of these boxes is Castle Craig based outside Edinburgh. Only a 4-hour train ride or less from West Midlands. Over 10,000 patients have passed through our doors since 1988, and the majority have gone on to achieve, long-term abstinent recovery from their addictions. Another is Smarmore Castle in Ireland.
Why Castle Craig?
- Leading acute psychiatric hospital
- Psychiatric assessments
- Bespoke treatment programme and a comprehensive screening process
- Castle Craig's team is made up of qualified psychiatrists, psychologists, addiction therapists and other mental health professionals
- Effective detox, you don't have to go cold-turkey
- You get guilt-free self care
- A Focus on both mental and physical Health
- Support for family members.
- 99% of alcoholics from the Castle Craig addiction treatment programme stated that when they arrived on site, numerous staff made them feel welcome for treating drug abuse issues
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Executive Rehab provides people suffering from substance addictions and co-occurring issues such as depression and anxiety professional guidance on solutions to their problems.
Residential treatment aims to support you through the initial stages of detox, and equip you with the tools you need for long term abstinence. More.
For detailed information visit the Castle Craig website.
Aftercare can involve:
- Continuing counselling or group therapy
- Regular check-in meetings with a programme
- Avoid triggers that previously resulted in your substance use; whether that is certain people, situations or stress from over-working
- Referring regularly to the 12 Step Programme
- Getting enough sleep
- Regular exercise
- Maintaining a nutritious diet
West Midlands alcohol addiction resources
alcohol and drug problems can cause general health problems: liver damage (alcohol abuse), lung cancer (tobacco abuse), and damage to the nervous system (drug abuse). Alcohol and tobacco users are at a greater risk of developing cancer and other non-communicable diseases.Other local areas: Ann's Hill, Abermagwr, Maghera, Dundee, Strabane, Aberfan, Westwell, Pant y dwr, Heddon on the Wall, Sydenham, Glenarm and Toome.
FAQs/alcohol and drug treatment centre
Don't waste another day. Call now: 0808 1150 446
Please note Castle Craig does not treat sex addiction, however, treatment is available at other recommended UK rehabs.