If you have a problem with alcohol in West Yorkshire or Seasonal depression (SAD) or postnatal depression, there's a wide range of mental health services in England that can help you cope and recover. You are always entitled to seek private health care or NHS care in the same way as anyone else who has a physical health problem in Baildon.
Treatments for depression include Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), Interpersonal therapy (IPT), Psychodynamic psychotherapy and general counselling. For severe depression with or without an addiction hospital or recovery centre is a common recourse. Denial can often be an effective barrier to getting help for alcoholics/addicts.
Addiction often combines other health problems both physical and mental. Mental health problems we deal with every day include depression/anxiety disorders OCD and post-traumatic stress disorder (called PTSD for short). .
We have found multiple residential mental health care agencies near Rowley Hill
Welcome: With a range of alcohol detox centres that cater for West Yorkshire, executive-rehab-guide.co.uk will give you information on free counselling and support you need every stage of your recovery journey from issues and mental health problems caused by alcohol or drugs.
Get confidential help 24/7. Call 0808 1150 446 now. Access the top recovery centres with the best qualified psychiatrists. Access professional, caring, supportive guidance and learn about the many financial assistance options.
No matter where you live in West Yorkshire, many CQC approved addiction rehab centres can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Looking for the latest alcohol addiction treatment provider local to Baildon?
You will receive:
- Advanced levels of care at addiction treatment
- Free, no-obligation addiction assessment
- 12 Months free aftercare post addiction treatment
- Experienced team of doctors & therapists
- 24/7 Medical Support
- Support for family members at your addiction treatment
- Bespoke treatment options for all addictions
- addiction treatment's team is made up of qualified psychiatrists, psychologists, addiction therapists and other mental health professionals
- You're much more likely to recover if you complete rehab at rehab
- Detox medication & treatments
Get in Touch Today
For professionals looking to make a referral click here.
Wherever you live in West Yorkshire or England, there is the perfect Intensive Day Treatment rehab that can help you beat your addiction. We'll help you find it.
The process of getting into rehab
NHS rehab Process: Your GP in Oakenshaw is a good place to start. They can discuss your alcohol or drugs problems with you and help get you the right addiction treatment in West Yorkshire.
Private rehab Process
Skip The Waiting List. Self-funding: you can self refer. This means literally call or turn up at your recovery centre of choice with a credit card. See admissions.
Health insurance: choose your rehab and then ask GP to write a referral letter for you to take away. Alternatively, ask the doctor of advice on which hospital or clinic he recommends. More.
Arriving at the treatment centre
This will differ at different facilities but it is much the same everywhere
- You will be assessed so that your treatment needs and medical requirements are understood and a treatment plan is created
- You may need to detox
- You may be assigned a consultant psychiatrist near Rowley Hill. They are in overall charge of your care and medication plan. They may make suggestions based on your diagnosis for additional medication or individual therapy on top of group work
- You may then assigned to a group of other patients etc.
- You are then possibly assigned a therapist or support worker/nurse locally in West Yorkshire
- You may be given 12 step recovery literature
- You are probably shown your room which you may have to share
- You might then meet the rest of the alcoholics
Everyone is very friendly. The staff in West Yorkshire have seen it all before so you are just another addict trying to recover. As patients, you are all in the same boat as everyone feels as raw and vulnerable as each other so making friends is normally easy.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Does rehab work in West Yorkshire?
Yes it does. There is a strong evidence base to support the treatment methods used at Castle Craig, as well as in support of residential rehabilitation treatment for alcohol/addictions.
What Are The Success Rates? "Compared to going it alone, clients who attend rehab are 5 times more likely to recover"
What's it like? Click here for more information.
Two reasons why rehabs work so well
Aftercare: UK Statistics show that aftercare is an important component in achieving long-term abstinence. Recovering addicts who do not receive appropriate aftercare are 10 times more likely to relapse within one year.
Local community-based or local outpatient services based in West Yorkshire does not offer this opportunity or level or isolation. It is proven that taking a person out of their home and away from 'using friends' or 'dealers' offers a better chance of staying sober long term.
"It is amazing to be free from drugs and alcohol and to be clean for the first time, the world is brighter. Thanks." Rosalie August 2018 London
Why rehab might not work:
- Focus solely on physical coping strategies
- Lack of support near Oakenshaw for alcohol or drug cravings
- See addiction myths
Want an Addiction Recovery Program that works? See Getting into the right Short-term residential rehab.
How long does rehab take?
The duration of your recovery centre stay will depend on the severity of your dependency, your own commitment, family support and willingness to live a life free from dependency, and the amount of time and money you have available to spend. If you have insurance then it will generally be 28-days.
Generally, the longer the rehab programme the less likely you are to relapse. NHS rehab normally accommodates longer inpatient treatments sometimes up to a year. More.
Average UK inpatient times
- Detox: 7-10 days (Methadone/20 days and Benzodiazepines/2-8 weeks).
- Hospital residential treatment, general mental health issues, depression/anxiety etc.: 7-14 days
- Most common Addiction programme/residential treatment: 28-days
- long-term residential treatment: 90 days
- NHS funded treatment, non private: 3months - 1 year
- Long term Outpatient treatment (including treatment for alcohol: 130 days
Call now: 0808 1150 446
A 'normal' day in rehab
Days will differ from rehab to rehab and alcohol/addiction to addiction. However, most rehabs in West Yorkshire will follow a similar pattern.
A significant focus during treatment is on achieving clarity about the issues, people and surroundings in your life that have fuelled the desire to abuse drugs or alcohol/problems with gambling, internet and shopping.
Sleeping in is not part of the programme. You get up early, get dressed, attend breakfast. Some clinics have morning meditation. Some clinics ask patients to clear away breakfast things on a rota.
- Breakfast is followed by group (often 90 minutes)
- Another Group (60 minutes)
- One to one session or Group ;(60 minutes)
- Group, yoga or Pilates session or lecture ;(60 minutes)
- Possible meeting with your consultant, social worker, help team
- There is often written step or life story work to do
Evening time: Normally patients are bused to a meeting of AA, NA, or relevant 12 step programme.
Diet: Several rehabs have adopted nutritional diets to combat mental health issues. There may be an absence of sugar and caffeine. Smoking is still allowed outside as it is said that alcoholics would not attend otherwise.
Devices: In some clinics phones or laptops use is forbidden or discouraged. Bear in mind that a person with internet or a gaming addiction may find other patient using their devices triggering.
Visitor/family contact: It was common for patients to be advised to limit any or all contact with friends or family during the first week of treatment. Again this differs by provider. NHS rehabs are often further from your home in Rowley Hill as there are limited local resources which can make visiting difficult.
Can I leave my recovery centre? Yes, there are not secure facilities.
Can I come back? Not always, the NHS is sometimes stricter, if you drink or use you may be barred from returning either, at all, or within 48 hours.
Effective treatment solutions:
- Art group therapy
- Creative writing therapy
- Drumming therapy
- Equine therapy
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Mindfulness Meditation & Relaxation Therapy
Call 0808 115 0608 today and get the help you need now.
Cost of rehab
Costs can range from £2,000 per week for a basic service to around £10,000 per week for a boutique service. Some clinics charge extras which have to be covered separately and which you may not anticipate in advance. More on Costs.
The best Rehab Location
Finding the best rehab programme for alcohol or drugs issues is vital to long-term success. But where close or far? Every alcoholic is different. However, most consultants often recommend that removing alcoholics/addicts away from their local environment where they may have drunk, used or acted out is probably sensible.
It is better that the location is quiet and has an atmosphere that is both calm, peaceful and still 100% recovery-focused. However, that does not mean that city rehabs do not have appeal.
The difficulty with towns and city location is that offer easy access to alcohol and drugs, whereas locations without shops and fewer people make accessing substances that little bit harder. Perhaps this could be the difference between a moment's weakness leading to relapse or sobriety.
Recommended rehabs. One rehab that ticks all of these boxes is Castle Craig based outside Edinburgh. Only a 4-hour train ride or less from West Yorkshire. Over 10,000 patients have passed through our doors since 1988, and the majority have gone on to achieve, long-term abstinent recovery from their addictions. Another is Smarmore Castle in Ireland.
One reason why rehab works
- Leading recovery centre
- Proven counselling treatments
- Psychiatric assessments
- Trauma therapy
- Bespoke day case options
- 12 Step recovery model
- Effective detox, you don't have to go cold-turkey
- Immediate admission to your addiction treatment
- 67% of addicts who attend rehab plus continued attendance at Alcoholics Anonymous in the patient's home community in Oakenshaw recovery?.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Executive Rehab provides people suffering from substance addictions and co-occurring issues such as depression and anxiety professional guidance on solutions to their problems.
Residential treatment aims to support you through the initial stages of detox, and equip you with the tools you need for long term abstinence. More.
For detailed information visit the Castle Craig website.
Aftercare can involve:
- Continuing counselling or group therapy
- Regular check-in meetings with a programme
- Avoid triggers that previously resulted in your substance use; whether that is certain people, situations or stress from over-working
- Referring regularly to the 12 Step Programme
- Getting enough sleep
- Regular exercise
- Maintaining a nutritious diet
Rehabs and addiction resources for Rowley Hill/West Yorkshire include
Smarmore Castle Private Clinic
Smarmore near Ardee County Louth Ireland A92 YY22
- www.alcoholandyou.org Alcohol and you
- www.alcoholconcern.org.uk Alcohol Concern
- www.addictionscounsellinginverness.org Addictions Counselling Inverness
- www.alcohol-focus-scotland.org.uk Alcohol Focus Scotland
- www.alcoholinformation.isdscotland.org Alcohol Information Scotland
- www.drinkaware.co.uk Drinkaware
- www.ukna.org Narcotics Anonymous
- www.scotland.police.uk Police Scotland
- www.sdf.org.uk Scottish Drugs Forum
The impact of substance use may be reduced with early intervention. Alcohol and other drug use is the principle contributor to poor quality of life and low moodOther local areas: Longbarn, Lochranza, Began, Ballydonegan, Lee Clump, Telscombe Cliffs, Eastcotts, Thornwood Common, Aldwarke, Rhoscrowther, Morganstown and Beltoy.
FAQs/alcohol addiction treatment provider
Please note Castle Craig does not treat sex addiction, however, treatment is available at other recommended UK rehabs.