Drug addiction: getting help
Although being addicted to drugs is becoming more common it is a serious condition that often requires urgent inpatient treatment in hospital. With the right help and support, you can get drug free.
At the Executive Rehab Guide, we are dedicated to delivering individually tailored drug addiction treatment, therapy & support in Wiltshire based NHS rehabs near Highworth.
Commonly abused drugs include Crack cocaine, cocaine, ecstasy (MDMA), heroin, LSD, ketamine, magic mushrooms, methadone, methamphetamine (crystal meth) and of course cannabis.
Commonly abused prescription medication include Oxycodone, Hydrocodone/Vicodin, Fentanyl, Codeine, Co-codamol, Tramadol and benzodiazepines (benzos), Diazepam/valium, Alprazolam/Xanex, Chlordiazepoxide/Librium, Zolpidem, Ritalin, Adderall and Dexedrine.
Abusing these drugs can lead to becoming physically and psychologically dependent.
There are many opportunities to go to rehab if you live in Wootton Bassett
Welcome: With a range of alcohol detox centres that cater for Wiltshire, Castle Craig will give you information on free counselling and support you need every stage of your recovery journey from problems with sleep disorder.
Get confidential help 24/7. Call 0808 1150 446 now. Access the top NHS rehabs with the best counsellors. Access professional, caring, supportive guidance and learn about the many financial assistance options.
No matter where you live in Wiltshire, many flexible rehabs can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.
Want more information on a tailored drug and alcohol rehab centre local to Highworth?
You will receive:
- Holistic therapies
- With addiction treatment centres there are no delays or waiting lists, which means you can be admitted immediately and start your recovery as soon as you're ready to beat addiction.
- You're much more likely to recover if you complete rehab at rehab
- Family and couples programmes
- Support for family members at your residential sleep disorders treatment
- Full clinical assessment when arriving at your residential sleep disorders treatment
- Aftercare and ongoing therapies
- Personalised rehabilitation programme
- Free aftercare for 12 months following treatment
- 12 Step recovery model
Contact us now
Beat drug and alcohol
Wherever you live in Wiltshire or England, there is the perfect Intensive Day Treatment rehab that can help you recover from your addiction. We'll help you find it.
The process of getting into rehab
NHS rehab Process: Your GP in Market Lavington is a good place to start. They can discuss your sleep disorder problems with you and help get you the right residential sleep disorders treatment in Wiltshire.
Private rehab Process
Skip The Waiting List. Self-funding: you can self refer. This means literally call or turn up at your NHS rehab of choice with a credit card. See admissions.
Health insurance: choose your rehab and then ask GP to write a referral letter for you to take away. Alternatively, ask the doctor of advice on which hospital or clinic he recommends. More.
Arriving at the treatment centre
This will differ at different facilities but it is much the same everywhere
- You will be assessed so that your treatment needs and medical requirements are understood and a treatment plan is created
- You may need to detox
- You may be assigned a consultant psychiatrist near Wootton Bassett. They are in overall charge of your care and medication plan. They may make suggestions based on your diagnosis for additional medication or individual therapy on top of group work
- You may then assigned to a group of other patients etc.
- You are then possibly assigned a therapist or support worker/nurse locally in Wiltshire
- You may be given 12 step recovery literature
- You are probably shown your room which you may have to share
- You might then meet the rest of the clients
Everyone is very friendly. The staff in Wiltshire have seen it all before so you are just another addict trying to recover. As patients, you are all in the same boat as everyone feels as raw and vulnerable as each other so making friends is normally easy.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Does rehab work in Wiltshire?
Yes it does. There is a strong evidence base to support the treatment methods used at Castle Craig, as well as in support of residential rehabilitation treatment for drug and alcohol/addictions.
What Are The Success Rates? "73.4% of those who attended treatment at Castle Craig were totally abstinent from all drugs or alcohol at follow-up (after about 1 year). More."
What's it like? Click here for more information.
Two reasons why rehabs work so well
Tailored Treatment: Private clinics in Wiltshire tend to use a bespoke treatment model rather than a one-size-fits-all approach. Many addicts have co-occurring issues like shopping and spending behavioural problems or post-traumatic stress disorders. Addiction is often seen as a response to inner turmoil.
The ability to custom tailor a treatment plan enables clinic staff to achieve maximum benefits from every therapy chosen. Remember time is limited to 28-days if you have health insurance.
Tailored Treatment: Private clinics in Wiltshire tend to use a bespoke treatment model rather than a one-size-fits-all approach. Many alcoholics/addicts have co-occurring issues like sex and love issues or obsessive compulsive disorder (cod). Addiction is often seen as a response to inner turmoil.
"I came because it operated with a small group size of people just like me. I was shy and withdraw,, now I feel so much stronger. Have kept up my daily care routine." Andi August 2020 Wiltshire
Why rehab might not work:
- Shame and guilt
- Too many distractions and outside issues interfere with recovery in Market Lavington
- See addiction myths
Want an Addiction Recovery Program that works? See Getting into the right alcohol rehab centre.
There are many different ways to treat addiction, including weekly hour-long group discussion groups and full 12-week programme residential stays.
Usually, clients come to rehab when they have either a) exhausted all other options or b) are conscious that their case is severe enough that they require the full support of a residential programme.
One of the reasons why residential rehab is so much more effective than outpatient treatment alone is that it usually incorporates all of the benefits of outpatient treatment (group therapy, reintegration, a space to share your experience with a supportive community) while it also removes you from the everyday stresses that can often trigger substance use. or other behavioural addiction issues. More.
How else can going to a local NHS rehab help with?
- Anxiety Treatment
- Sleep Disorders Treatment
- Schizophrenia Treatment
- Personality Disorder Treatment
- Shopping and buying addiction
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Treatment
Call now: 0808 1150 446
A typical day in rehab
Days will differ from rehab to rehab and drug and alcohol/addiction to addiction. However, most rehabs in Wiltshire will follow a similar pattern.
A significant focus during treatment is on achieving clarity about the issues, people and surroundings in your life that have fuelled the desire to abuse drugs or alcohol/problems with internet, love and sex and shopping.
Sleeping in is not part of the programme. You get up early, get dressed, attend breakfast. Some clinics have morning meditation. Some clinics ask patients to clear away breakfast things on a rota.
- Breakfast is followed by group (often 90 minutes)
- Another Group (60 minutes)
- One to one session or Group (60 minutes)
- Group, yoga or Pilates session or lecture; (60 minutes)
- Possible meeting with your consultant, social worker, help team
- There is often written step or life story work to do
Evening time: Normally patients are bused to a meeting of AA, NA or relevant 12 step programmes.
Diet: A number of rehabs have adopted nutritional diets to combat mental health issues. There may be an absence of sugar and caffeine. Smoking is still allowed outside as it is said that alcoholics would not attend otherwise.
Devices: In some clinics phones or laptops use is forbidden or discouraged. Bear in mind that a person with internet or a gaming addiction may find other patient using their devices triggering.
Visitor/family contact: It was common for patients to be advised to limit any or all contact with friends or family during the first week of treatment. Again this differs by provider. NHS rehabs are often further from your home in Wootton Bassett as there are limited local resources which can make visiting difficult.
Can I leave: Yes, these are not secure facilities or locked wards.
Can I come back? Not always, the NHS is sometimes stricter, if you drink or use you may be barred from returning either, at all or within 48 hours.
Cost of rehab
Costs can range from £2,000 per week for a basic service to around £10,000 per week for a boutique service. Some clinics charge extras which have to be covered separately and which you may not anticipate in advance. More on Costs.
The Perfect location for treatment
Finding the best rehab programme for sleep disorder/mental health issues is vital to long-term success. But where, close or far?
Every addiction client is different. However, most qualified psychiatrists often recommend that removing patients away from their local environment where they may have drunk, used or acted out is probably recommended.
It is better that the location is quiet and has an atmosphere that is both calm, peaceful and still 100% recovery-focused. However, that does not mean that city rehabs do not have appeal.
The difficulty with towns and city location is that offer easy access to alcohol and drugs, whereas locations without shops and fewer people make accessing substances that little bit harder. Perhaps this could be the difference between a moment's weakness leading to relapse or sobriety.
Recommended rehabs. One rehab that ticks all of these boxes is Castle Craig based outside Edinburgh. Only a 4-hour train ride or less from Wiltshire. Over 10,000 patients have passed through our doors since 1988, and the majority have gone on to achieve, long-term abstinent recovery from their addictions. Another is Smarmore Castle in Ireland.
Why Castle Craig?
- Recommended NHS rehab
- You get round-the-clock professional support
- En-suite Rooms
- gaming, sex or food rehabilitation
- Free, no-obligation addiction assessment
- After Castle Craig's rehab programme, 91.8% of those questioned either living with reduced alcohol or drug use or totally abstinent. More.
Call now: 0808 1150 446
Many of the people we have helped have started their journey with us feeling hopeless, anxious, and severely depressed. We are here to help.
If you feel like you have lost your sense of control, and alcohol and drugs are having a detrimental impact on your life, it can be difficult to know where to begin when it comes to getting help.
If you have decided to attend a rehab centre, you are no longer in denial, and you have completed half of the battle.
Executive Rehab provides people suffering from substance addictions and co-occurring issues such as depression and anxiety professional guidance on solutions to their problems.
Residential treatment aims to support you through the initial stages of detox, and equip you with the tools you need for long term abstinence. More.
For detailed information visit the Castle Craig website.
Aftercare can involve:
- Continuing counselling or group therapy
- Regular check-in meetings with a programme
- Avoid triggers that previously resulted in your substance use; whether that is certain people, situations or stress from over-working
- Referring regularly to the 12 Step Programme
- Getting enough sleep
- Regular exercise
- Maintaining a nutritious diet
Rehabs and addiction resources for Wootton Bassett/Wiltshire include
Smarmore Castle Private Clinic | Alcohol & Drug Addiction Rehab Detox & Treatment | Ireland
- www.alcoholandyou.org Alcohol and you
- www.alcoholconcern.org.uk Alcohol Concern
- www.addictionscounsellinginverness.org Addictions Counselling Inverness
- www.alcohol-focus-scotland.org.uk Alcohol Focus Scotland
- www.alcoholinformation.isdscotland.org Alcohol Information Scotland
- www.drinkaware.co.uk Drinkaware
- www.ukna.org Narcotics Anonymous
- www.scotland.police.uk Police Scotland
- www.sdf.org.uk Scottish Drugs Forum
alcohol and drug problems can cause general health problems: liver damage (alcohol abuse), lung cancer (tobacco abuse), and damage to the nervous system (drug abuse). Alcohol and tobacco users are at a greater risk of developing cancer and other non-communicable diseases.Other local areas: Milltown, Ardmore, Hilton, Tobermore, Easter Howgate, Eccleshill, English Frankton, Raffrey, Mumbles Hill, Deepweir, Bosham Hoe and Bangor.
Please note Castle Craig does not treat sex addiction, however, treatment is available at other recommended UK rehabs.